Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the current status of swtor?

BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67

Could someone tell me the current state of swtor in pvp and pve? with subscription.

because the last time I saw he was almost dead

I really like the game but if I have to wait for an eternal queue to pvp or pve the truth I do not think it will come back, although I know that its strong is lore

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited May 2019
    Bonejoker said:

Could someone tell me the current state of swtor in pvp and pve? with subscription.

I really like the game but if I have to wait for an eternal queue to pvp or pve the truth I do not think it will come back, although I know that its strong is lore

This game has been on life support for quite a while as far as population goes. If it was dead the last time you played it is probably more dead than that today. Most people I know only play this now for the single player stories. I personally only play when they have a double experience event where you can just play story without any of the crap side questing in between.

Either way....isn't it limited free to play so you can login and see for yourself?
    Gdemamipsychosiz1
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I played SWTOR a lot at launch and for about a year or so after. About a year ago I downloaded the game and began playing a new character. I was having fun. Until I finished the starter quests and it was time to leave that planet. The game crashed. And crashed. And crashed. I went on the internet to see what was up, and it is some kind of bug that affects some people (i have a different computer these days than when i played before) that has been present since launch. I was like, are you shitting me? And you haven't fixed it? So I pass. 
    [Deleted User]GdemamiOctagon7711

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RavenswisdomRavenswisdom Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I just started playing again last month. I've gone through the original content and while it is rare I see someone planetside outside of quest hubs/speeder travel points the space station always seems pretty full. With the launch of Disney's Galaxy Edge and new movie coming out this year I felt like it was a good time to revisit it.

Not sure how it will go as I continue towards end game but i am having fun now. The story is great, I'm going for Legendary where you complete each original storyline. I see guilds recruiting everytime I'm logged in etc.

It's a nice break from WoW for me. I'll see how far it goes.
  • NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Are you guys playing the same SWTOR, or something else? How's this game on "life support"? Quit hating, Viper.

Since servers merge the population of SWTOR went quite big. I do referrals all the time on EU and there's always ppl online to the point I get annoyed to wait to do some dailies in some zones.

On Dromund Kaas sometimes there's 8-9 Instances alone. One instance covers 180ppl, and some of those are red which means "full". Now it might not have the population of FFXIV, or WoW, or ESO, but it has a lot of ppl.

Also it is the only MMO based on SW so there's that, as long as there's fans of the saga and SW specifically this MMO won't die, simply won't, and there's always ppl playing SWTOR no matter what ppl has to say. And with the upcoming Dantooine Incursion and the new system expect even more ppl to come.
    psychosiz1cheeba
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I dunno about end game. But low lvls and dungeons etc is always fast and croud.

(I play it from time to time)
    Octagon7711

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I have a update, its still trash.
    aleosmrputts
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    I'm currently playing SWTOR too, came back after Onslaught was announced (like a lots of people it seems). I was still in a MMO mood (I was playing LoTRO than FFXIV earlier this year) and got the SW bug (caused by Onslaught and not episode 9 trailer strangely).

My original plan for the "summer" was to get the new expac for FFXIV, but my sub lapsed and I had an hand sprain so I didn't renew it right away. Then a few weeks later Onslaught was announced and I tried SWTOR. After restarting SWTOR, I realized that I like it a lot more than FFXIV.

I've been having a blast so far. Finished the Jedi Under Siege story content on my SW (which was my last year main) and started to level a new Republic character (Smuggler) to be ready for the return of faction story in the expac. But she is currently chilling in the middle of KOTFE because I got a "play a force user bug" and started a Jedi Knight a few days ago. Saying that, the new character isn't a waste, because with Jedi Under Siege you can become a double agent for the other faction...which means you want 2 characters in each faction (that means I need to finish that BH too).

Going by what was announced for Onslaught, I expect many more returnees this Fall.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited June 2019
    I can share with you the popluation is higher than some people want to believe or possibly know.  On Sunday, I was on the 8th server of the second world on the empire side.  That means 8 other servers were full with players.  Secondly, the number of people who keep active subs in this game in higher than what you might expect.  Investors stated on Bloomberg TV this past March that this game is an investors dream because it has low cost to operate and high returns form the cash shop and subs.  The game has more subs now than it did in 2015.  The tv interview actually shot some life into the stock as it raised it about 10 points and maintained it for a c ouple of weeks despite the news of a lower than expected quarterly report coming.  This gives clear evidence the game is doing much better than many would have you believe.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    The population is definitely healthy, not even close to dead. The class quests are fun but it's sometimes easy to get lost on where to go. But queue times are not bad and you will see plenty of people everywhere you go.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Sorry but SWG was a much better MMORPG than this, even after years of playing SWTOR I still feel the same. 
    Tiller
  • CS1310CS1310 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited July 2019
    dreamer05 said:
    The population is definitely healthy, not even close to dead. The class quests are fun but it's sometimes easy to get lost on where to go. But queue times are not bad and you will see plenty of people everywhere you go.
    I was curious myself. Good to hear it's not going anywhere. Might give it a go again LOL
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Bonejoker said:

I've not played it in years. Last time I logged in I noticed they removed the need for the trinity for all the leveling Flashpoints.

So you shouldn't really have to wait that long if you PuG PvE content.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited July 2019
    immodium said:
    Bonejoker said:

I've not played it in years. Last time I logged in I noticed they removed the need for the trinity for all the leveling Flashpoints.

That's true.. but the game scales you 'up' now without all the abilities and optimized gear you'd normally have at higher levels. Trying to PUG Flashpoints while levelling is completely broken, you get absolutely destroyed if you're not with actual max level players. It's a massive problem and has been for ages.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    immodium said:
    Bonejoker said:

That's true.. but the game scales you 'up' now without all the abilities you'd normally have at higher levels. Trying to PUG Flashpoints while levelling is completely broken, you get absolutely destroyed if you're not with actual max level players. It's a massive problem and has been for ages.
    Scaling when you do not have the level appropriate abilities sucks.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    That's true.. but the game scales you 'up' now without all the abilities and optimized gear you'd normally have at higher levels. Trying to PUG Flashpoints while levelling is completely broken, you get absolutely destroyed if you're not with actual max level players. It's a massive problem and has been for ages.
    Uh, not sure what FPs you are running there...  There's 3 levels of difficulty: story, veteran, master.

Yea, for master you'll want a trinity group and who knows what they are doing in 80% of the available FPs.  Master mode will have mechanics that are very unforgiving.  Pretty sure you can still do Hammer Station with your eyes closed.

Veteran mode don't need trinity (it helps, but you can get by without, as there are kolto pods at the boss rooms ).  There are a few FPs that require you to know mechanics in vet mode, you know, don't stand in fire, take boss to bomb, so you can damage him, kill the adds when they appear, etc, but overall, the FPs in vet mode aren't hard.

I don't think I have done any story FPs in forever, but if you have the GSS droid to help you, you can basically AFK run these.

Now, the people running FPs is a different issue.  :)  Some folks will not run one of the more difficult FPs with a lvl11 character in the party, and either leave or try to kick the lowbie.  Some people just want to do the easiest run out there to get their [Weekly] done and bail on anything they can't play one handed.  Conversely, you get some people coming in on lowbie characters and expect everyone to be ok with them being dead for 90% of the time, dying to the same stupid mechanic, and who refused to learn anything.  But that's a people problem, not a SWTOR issue, or even an MMO issue.

Thourne

edited July 2019
    Uh, not sure what FPs you are running there...  There's 3 levels of difficulty: story, veteran, master.

Yea, for master you'll want a trinity group and who knows what they are doing in 80% of the available FPs.  Master mode will have mechanics that are very unforgiving.  Pretty sure you can still do Hammer Station with your eyes closed.

Veteran mode don't need trinity (it helps, but you can get by without, as there are kolto pods at the boss rooms ).  There are a few FPs that require you to know mechanics in vet mode, you know, don't stand in fire, take boss to bomb, so you can damage him, kill the adds when they appear, etc, but overall, the FPs in vet mode aren't hard.

I don't think I have done any story FPs in forever, but if you have the GSS droid to help you, you can basically AFK run these.

Now, the people running FPs is a different issue.  :)  Some folks will not run one of the more difficult FPs with a lvl11 character in the party, and either leave or try to kick the lowbie.  Some people just want to do the easiest run out there to get their [Weekly] done and bail on anything they can't play one handed.  Conversely, you get some people coming in on lowbie characters and expect everyone to be ok with them being dead for 90% of the time, dying to the same stupid mechanic, and who refused to learn anything.  But that's a people problem, not a SWTOR issue, or even an MMO issue.

I'm saying the scaling is messed up when levelling. Simple as that. Everything you said was unnecessary. If you don't know about it, it's probably because you've been max level for ages and never experienced it. Solo mode is fine when levelling, but group mode scales you to max level.. and you're absolutely useless because the scaling is broken.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I play about once or twice a year.  The last time I was on the game was not a ghost town.  Starting a new alt it wasn't packed but lots of others in the starting zone.  I think in STO as well as SWTOR, there will always be a steady supply of fans who keep the games going.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    I'm saying the scaling is messed up when levelling. Simple as that. Everything you said was unnecessary. If you don't know about it, it's probably because you've been max level for ages and never experienced it. Solo mode is fine when levelling, but group mode scales you to max level.. and you're absolutely useless because the scaling is broken.
    Not sure what you are referring to.
    I returned 2 months ago and have leveled 3 noob toons from 1 to 70 mostly doing Vet FPs and never had an issue...other than a few of the FPs just plain stink to do.

The toons were a trooper healer, jedi shadow and dps vanguard.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Bonejoker said:

All you have to do is go to either fleet to see how dead it is now. You used to lag so bad on the fleets from all the players there. 
    Thourne said:
    I returned 2 months ago and have leveled 3 noob toons from 1 to 70 mostly doing Vet FPs and never had an issue...other than a few of the FPs just plain stink to do.

Perhaps it's been fixed then. Last time I played (guessing about 4 months ago), Vets while levelling were just a one shot fest when you ended up in a max level version. Trash mobs just demolished the whole group right from the start. It was all over the forums at the time and was very well known.
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Thourne said:

Perhaps it's been fixed then. Last time I played (guessing about 4 months ago), Vets while levelling were just a one shot fest when you ended up in a max level version. Trash mobs just demolished the whole group right from the start. It was all over the forums at the time and was very well known.
    Well if that was the case, I am glad it is fixed.
    Right now though its as easy to run through one on a naked level 20 as a geared 70.