Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO Update 24 with 64 Bit client !!

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
edited June 2019 in Lord of the Rings Online
  LOTRO launched Update 24 today which includes the 64 bit client along with a new zone Vale of Anduin ...  Looks great ..LOTRO fans have waited several years for this , and the patience has paid off , amazingly SSG has managed this update without fucking up 1/2 the game this time :smiley:

JeffSpicolilahnmirAmatheSevenwind

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    I always thought LOTRO had some of the best looking water of any MMO. Very immersive looking
    Octagon7711Amathekeithian
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I always thought LOTRO had some of the best looking water of any MMO. Very immersive looking

Dont mind the sound.. few years ago.
    JeffSpicolirosej90

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    64-bit finally!   Now, if they can put their minds to improving the insipid, archaic patching process.

kb4blu

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Dragnelus said:

Wow, is that modded?  I don't remember LOTRO in-game footage looking that good.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Dragnelus said:

It's looked like that since they added DirectX 11 support.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    IS the game still dead?as in 5 or 6 people playing
    Sovrath
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Wedlen said:
    IS the game still dead?as in 5 or 6 people playing
    You wish.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dragnelus said:

No, messed around with sweetfx.

I used to stutter like crazy when riding through places like Bree but it's 'almost' completely fixed with the 64 bit client. Reduced it happening by around 90% I reckon. Very nice.
    Octagon7711natpick
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Dragnelus said:
    Dragnelus said:

No, messed around with sweetfx.
    I might have to jump back in and play through the content. 

FYI I would consider sweetfx modded, but that's just me.
    Octagon7711
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I used to stutter like crazy when riding through places like Bree but it's 'almost' completely fixed with the 64 bit client. Reduced it happening by around 90% I reckon. Very nice.
    one of the reasons i stopped playing the stutter was doing my head in,if its sorted i will play again for sure.
    natpick said:
    one of the reasons i stopped playing the stutter was doing my head in,if its sorted i will play again for sure.
    It's not completely fixed but it's better and the 64 bit client is still classed as 'in beta' so it could improve further.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Thanks for letting us know. Updating!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    looks awesome. I did play the game some bit . . . but it's just an MMO, been there and done that. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.