Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Day Arrives for Warhammer Chaosbane - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLaunch Day Arrives for Warhammer Chaosbane - MMORPG.com

In the mood for a new ARPG? If so, look no further than Warhammer Chaosbane which has officially launched as of today. The game is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and brings the Warhammer universe to hack 'n' slash fans around the world.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

AriesTiger

Comments

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Nice!!! Hope it's on the steam summer sale!
    JeffSpicoliTokkensakinol
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited June 2019
    Im enjoying it , as an avid Warhammer fan , its a good jumping off point for sure , But surely needs more content and activities , but all these ARPGs start off like this and expand overtime quite well .. Battling the Chaos Horde thru the streets of Praag has been a really great experience imo , the nailed this part of the game .. Looking forward to additional classes and content ..
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]Life2v
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I will most likely wait for a sale that is packaged all together with their DLC
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I give it 6/10 so far. It has a good starting point but the talent trees are boring x 15,000 and the floor layouts seem to have roughly ten room variations per tile set. Mob diversity seems to also not be very much either but I guess that is subjective I bought it and hopefully future content will fix things like boring talent trees, etc.

In comparison with Inquisitor, that received much harsher reviews, I think it's a bit off. To me, inquisitor had more at launch. Anyways, it's fun :)
    [Deleted User]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I'v decided to wishlist this one and pick it up during a sale in the future.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    One other thing that bothers me (no big deal) is the 2D cutscene art. Every character has wrong proportions for the arms and they look like they are about 1/4 too short. Also in the character creation screen and 3d model viewer, the characters do not look right. The Empire soldier has the body of a dwarf, it's all very odd. Still, once you are actually playing it is fine but the cutscenes make me cringe.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Yeah, gonna wait. Same thing happened with Inquisition Martyr - it took an extra year and patching to be fully baked and ready to play. I say pick up that one now and give Chaosbane another 6 months to a year.
    JeffSpicoli
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited June 2019
    System said:
    Launch Day Arrives for Warhammer Chaosbane - MMORPG.com

In the mood for a new ARPG? If so, look no further than Warhammer Chaosbane which has officially launched as of today. The game is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and brings the Warhammer universe to hack 'n' slash fans around the world.

Read the full story here

I been thinking of trying this out. Always been a Warhammer fan (the fantasy version or w/e it's called) love my WAAAAGGHs lol. :hushed:  They seem to me tho...to try too hard for that old Baldur's Gate nostalgia...know what I mean? I liked the Vermintide version though...that was definitely money well spent!
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    waiting also the reviews on steam alone are enough to make me wait. It just released and the reviews are showing as mixed with a lot of red flags especially about bugs and endgame.
    JeffSpicoli
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    anyone know if this game is cross platform?

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Dungeon Siege 3: The Warhammer Edition

Combat is nice and actiony. Unfortunately there is little to no meta character development through gear and skills/passives. It also serms pretty light on content but does look like Warhammer. Its a fun little game to pass the time but nothing more.

For comparisons sake: Inquisitor Martyrs combat might be a bit more dull and the overall pace slower but its superior in every other way.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    nastilon[Deleted User]Life2vDrius75
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's ok but it's not worth the price of a full AAA game.

Wait until it's at least half the price it's at now.

@lahnmir So annoyed the update for Inquisitor has been delayed for so long...
    [Deleted User]lahnmirLife2v
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

@TheDarkrayne , I know, I know. I was really looking forward to playing it as soon as possible. I'm just going to finish Chaosbane and see what Season 17 of D3 is bringing I guess. Martyr is ready to go though, wasn't the new date June 20th?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:

@TheDarkrayne , I know, I know. I was really looking forward to playing it as soon as possible. I'm just going to finish Chaosbane and see what Season 17 of D3 is bringing I guess. Martyr is ready to go though, wasn't the new date June 20th?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

July 30th :(
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'll be busy with Octopath Traveler until Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem Three Houses brighten my July. But have fun and let me know if this is worth the money.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Not correct. The update is June 20th. July 30th is the Prophecy release date.
    lahnmirTheDarkrayne
    cmacq said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Not correct. The update is June 20th. July 30th is the Prophecy release date.
    Oh ok. I didn't know they were different dates. Thanks, that's not as bad!
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Dont buy it for PC, game saves are stored locally and you can have inf xp, gold, gems, skill points , hp, energy etc .defo onkyvworth playing with friends but I only have 1 friend to play with so we go online and everyone is hacking. And I'm not just guessing this ivevtested out the "trainer" myself and uninstalled the game now cos what's the point of playing if you can one hit kill