Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Announced

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Announced

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

MadFrenchie

Comments

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited June 2019
    They're launching two different single player Vampire-the-Masquerade games in the same year? I would have thought Bloodlines 2 would be enough.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Halibrand said:

They're launching two different single player Vampire-the-Masquerade games in the same year? I would have thought Bloodlines 2 would be enough.

As far as I can tell this is more of a visual novel than a traditional kind of game. I would guess they are using it as a hype piece for Bloodlines 2.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2019
    elveone said:
    Halibrand said:

As far as I can tell this is more of a visual novel than a traditional kind of game. I would guess they are using it as a hype piece for Bloodlines 2.
    I don't get that impression at all. It's got a totally different type of story experience and gameplay style. It's a "narrative adventure" with branching dialogs and multiple endings.

Paradox made is very clear when they bought the IP that they would be aggressively working to bring multiple games out and leveraging the IP to its potential. 

I'm excited. I love narrative games and can't wait for this one even over Bloodlines 2.
    MadFrenchieOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136

SBFord said:

elveone said:

Halibrand said:

I don't get that impression at all. It's got a totally different setting -- World of Darkness from what I understand -- and it's a completely different gameplay style. It's a "narrative adventure" with branching dialogs and multiple endings.

Paradox made is very clear when they bought the IP that they would be aggressively working to bring multiple games out and leveraging the IP to its potential. 

I'm excited. I love narrative games and can't wait for this one even over Bloodlines 2.

World of Darkness is not a different setting, it's the name of the IP that Vampire the Masquerade exists within: the same as the Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, and Wraith games.
    blamo2000elveoneMadFrenchie
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    "Hello, it's the 90s calling, just bringing some nostalgia with me."

VtM was my first atual experience with roleplaying games, oh such memories.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @Halibrand Altered my statement a bit. I mistook something said in the PR -- it's the first time WoD VtM settings/games will be on Switch. But aside from that, the point stands: It's a totally different type of experience than Bloodlines 2 and stands on its own. Paradox wants to explore all of it since it's languished over the years.
    MadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Halibrand said:

World of Darkness is not a different setting, it's the name of the IP that Vampire the Masquerade exists within: the same as the Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, and Wraith games.

Also, the unifying base rule and mechanics system.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks wicked.
    SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

SBFord said:

@Halibrand Altered my statement a bit. I mistook something said in the PR -- it's the first time WoD VtM settings/games will be on Switch. But aside from that, the point stands: It's a totally different type of experience than Bloodlines 2 and stands on its own. Paradox wants to explore all of it since it's languished over the years.

It is a totally different experience but it is in the same universe non-the-less and it is definitely a smaller game that comes out three or four months before VtM:B2 that can attract people to the universe but still leave them wanting more so that they will be attracted to the more fleshed out bigger experience in the same universe that comes out a little bit later. Call me cynical but I think this game would not exist if VtM:B2 was not coming out soon after.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing more. If every thing goes well we may see an MMO one day. :)
    SBFord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Well since it's being published by paradox you can expect an unfinished buggy mess that will have a billion dlcs that they charge for. I know I am raining on the parade but I am done with paradox their business strategy has turned into the nickel and dime plan only their not charging nickels.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    edited June 2019
    Still waiting for the MMO. Looks like the wait will feel like the night... eternal. Still, two new V:tM games might encourage the MMO's WoD revival.