Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project: Survival

JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
Back several years ago my Guild joined the Early Access for a game called Tree of Life. The game was a blast in those early days. Extremely dark nights that required your whole town to huddle around Campfires and pass the time by telling tales of Adventure and intrigue. In game Chat was only local area chat so without world chat you had no idea what was going on in other parts of the world unless a traveling trader came around and told you tales of their adventures. Traveling took multiple in game days to get around so you would have to learn which towns were friendly and would offer you rest during the dark nights. Bandits (PvP guilds) roamed the land looking to stir up trouble which required an entire region to come together and defend the area from these bandits. Alliances were born and the Player created politics of the world soon took hold and were constantly changing and evolving. 

It didn't take long though for the Developers to start making changes that ruined the fun the game had to offer. Ever since then I have been thinking it would be fun to create my own version and try to recapture some of that lost fun. So I introduce Code name Project: Survival. A Mirror based Prototype of my take on Tree of Life. Servers will be Player Hosted with a couple Official Servers ran by me. Each Server will be able to be home to up to 1,000 concurrently connected Players or 10,000 Active Users. 

The entire MMO Framework is custom coded for this game with a walk through of how it is being created going up on my youtube channel over the coming weeks. It's using the Mirror Networking API for the networking. Mirror has successfully been tested with 500 concurrently connected users all playing with in view of each other. A test of  1,000 Concurrently connected Users will be taking place soon. 

I am developing in phases:

Phase 1: This initial phase includes Skills, Crafting, Inventory, and Resource Gathering
Content will include Tier 1 Settlement items - crude wooden structures and walls, basic Survival Camp gear
Release date: Play testing begins middle to end of June 2019 - Release: July 1st 2019 (based on Play testing)

Phase 2: Abilities, Equipment and Combat as well as enhancements to Phase 1 Systems
Content will include Tier 2 settlement items - more sturdy wooden structures and walls - Tier 2 resource Nodes
Release date: TBD

Phase 3: Guilds/Groups, Mounts, Economy - Enhancements to Phase 1 and 2 Systems
Content will include Tier 3 settlement items - basic stone structures and walls
Release date TBD

| CRAFTING |

Took the day today to get the Initial Crafting System in place. Still need to add in Crafting Stations but the Personal/Survival Crafting part of the Player Inventory is working as intended. 

As you level up your skils you unlock new Recipes that you can craft. When you first unlock a Recipe it's "undiscovered" you have to figure out what items are required to craft it and then actually craft one in order to see what the item is. At which point it's icon and name will appear on the Recipe.

Company Owner
MMO Interactive

Ungood

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    James...

Please just stop.  Ever since your utterly failed Greedmonger fiasco, you have stopped in every so often to try and drum up interest for your "new" game.  

Instead of this, can you please link us to the released games that resulted from the last few threads you created on here?  
    [Deleted User]newbismxGdemamiKyleran[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Deleted User]newbismxGdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    is it that much harder to make Circles instead of squares ????

Square tree's  Square Heads ,  What else is Square ??

Curiosity killed the Cat maybe ,  but i would rather see circular things then Squares with Sharp angles
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited June 2019
    that has to be one of the Worst video's i have ever watched  =( it is actually Sad to watch 

Almost made me cry actually , he looks like he needs to sleep for a long time,   he looks soo sad in the video ,  Pooor guy to be honest   Doesnt look like a healthy Happy Person

i wish people all the Luck making video games ( i am a Life long video game addict )

but this video is just Sad to look at ,  Everything he does is Lagged ,  the Expression on his Face is one of a Sad unhappy person  =(

i would reccomend you wait until your game isnt Laggy as hell before posting anything else

Maybe you should Smile for the entire video also,  doesnt make us want to play your game when you look like such a Upset unhealthy person who is clearly Tired in the video

Regardless of how it looks i Really hope you make a successful game at one time in your Life as a game Maker  =)  Best Of Luck to anyone who tries doing this
    Post edited by Grimula on
    newbismx[Deleted User]
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    So long as he isn't asking for money, I don't see the problem.  Even if you believe that it's an amateur, vaporware project that will never go anywhere, so what?  A thread about that would hardly be the worst around here.
    GruntyKyleran[Deleted User]bcbullyConstantineMerusBeezerbeezPutrefee
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    And you're using your own money for the game?  Not begging for it?
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Last I checked there is no KickStarter or anything... So no begging for money or even getting money for the game until it actually deserves money.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

And as far as the video goes it was taking late at night, my cousin and his kids were sleeping out in the living room which my room shares a wall with and so I couldn't talk or make much noise so I wouldn't wake them up. And for the lag it's a combination of my crappy PC and the video recording. With just the game running there is no visual lag.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I stopped at PVP guilds...If it takes days to travel anyway, no way do I want to have to deal with ganking groups of idiots too.
    bcbullyUngoodAzaron_Nightblade
    JamesP said:
    Last I checked there is no KickStarter or anything... So no begging for money or even getting money for the game until it actually deserves money.
    How many of your previously announced projects launched?  Links please.
    [Deleted User]newbismxBeezerbeez

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LMFAO ...... This guy ... Lol     WTF
    [Deleted User]newbismxSlapshot1188KyleranTybost
    Rhoklaw said:
    JamesP, our favorite internet panhandler. 
    Well considering Panhandling implies asking for money and I haven't asked for money I guess that wouldn't fit here... Not a single damn thing has been said about money other then by people posting here.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Bwahahahahahahahahaha. This is what, the 4,536,241st game jamesP has posted screenshots about, announced and tried to hype? 

I give it 2 weeks, a promised testing phase that will not happen and JamesP will crawl back away and reappear in another year with brand new screenshots and announcements for things that will never happen.

The circle of life.
    JamesP said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    JamesP, our favorite internet panhandler. 
    Well considering Panhandling implies asking for money and I haven't asked for money I guess that wouldn't fit here... Not a single damn thing has been said about money other then by people posting here.
    Your history is tied to Greedmonger.  A game that did raise money and never delivered anything. I believe that computer you trash was actually funded by backers so I’d be quiet on that front. Thus,  money will always be a valid topic on anything you propose.

Also, still waiting for links to the projects you previously announced and then actually launched.
    newbismx

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    To quote the best movie ever, Frozen:

’Let it go, let it goooooooo.’

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned!

Gut Out!
    Cryomatrix

What, me worry?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited June 2019
    You may want to find another community mate. You are going to have a hard time gaining traction here. 
    Or create a new account and ask the site mods to delete the original?

A clean slate is necessary at some point.

JamesP said:
    And as far as the video goes it was taking late at night, my cousin and his kids were sleeping out in the living room which my room shares a wall with and so I couldn't talk or make much noise so I wouldn't wake them up. And for the lag it's a combination of my crappy PC and the video recording. With just the game running there is no visual lag.
    https://tenor.com/view/ncis-mark-harmon-michael-weatherly-head-hit-gif-5164265

James, if you wish to be taken at all seriously, don't share this sort of info, no matter how true.

Blame the poor quality on having to record it while battling ninjas or something....

newbismxbcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Well, good job on working on something. I hope it works out for you. Naysayers will always be there, but people and circumstances can change, so keep working on it and not let the naysayers get to you. 

I don't like those graphics and I have limited time any way, so I am not really interested in it, but I do appreciate effort to create. It's better than just playing games for fun, at least you're trying to do something. 
    bcbullyPutrefee
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Lol let the man live. 
    Well, good job on working on something. I hope it works out for you. Naysayers will always be there, but people and circumstances can change, so keep working on it and not let the naysayers get to you. 

I don't like those graphics and I have limited time any way, so I am not really interested in it, but I do appreciate effort to create. It's better than just playing games for fun, at least you're trying to do something. 
    The Graphics are in no way set in stone. I am using them at the moment because I have them kicking around and they work for what I need at the moment. I am building a Framework that can be used for this game and future games but the Graphics can easily be switched out for something else. Once I have a working vertical slice of the game my goal is to get others on board, get some concept artists, and figure out for sure the best art direction to go in.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• MyobiMyobi Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited June 2019

The "naysayers"... what a sweetheart you are, extremely ignorant, but sweet nonetheless.

You know what's that? An incomplete and outdated list of projects announced just in the Unity forums by James, this guy has been roleplaying as a "game developer" for a decade and has yet to release anything at all, instead of working on something small, doable by one-man, he keeps announcing MMO after MMO, taking the projects as far as the Unity assets  let him go, just to give up on it and just announce something else... it's just for the attention, and as it was stated, no harm on it... until he stumbles upon someone like Appleton that is...
    bcbully[Deleted User]Slapshot1188KylerannewbismxLokeroTybostBeezerbeezIsilithTehrothPutrefee
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited June 2019
    Myobi said:

The "naysayers"... what a sweetheart you are, extremely ignorant, but sweet nonetheless.

You know what's that? An incomplete and outdated list of projects announced just in the Unity forums by James, this guy has been roleplaying as a "game developer" for a decade and has yet to release anything at all, instead of working on something small, doable by one-man, he keeps announcing MMO after MMO, taking the projects as far as the Unity assets  let him go, just to give up on it and just announce something else... it's just for the attention, and as it was stated, no harm on it... until he stumbles upon someone like Appleton that is...
    Hmm, better keep him away from Jeremy Walsh, Soulbound Studios also have been roleplaying as developers for COE.

Come to think of it, JamesP has shared more functioning game footage than SBS....  whoa

:D

Slapshot1188bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Myobi said:

...My...God...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA

your post would have been perfect if you ended it with /micdrop
    KyleranVermillion_Raventhal
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    That intermediate plateau is just royally kicking James' butt.
    It's great that he likes to work on projects and learn new things, but I'd really love to see him finish something one day.

I can't imagine he does these things for "attention" since it's mostly negative.
    I think the guy would actually like to complete one of his games, since he keeps trying to come back to them.  But, whenever there's a hurdle on the track, he just turns around and walks the other way.

If you go to any gamedev community/forum ever and start talking about making MMOs, people just groan and you can hear them sighing across the world, and James is the perfect example of why.  Maybe people should just start linking to this thread instead of trying to explain why it's a fool's dream.