Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft Earth Gameplay - Building & Discovering Together - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMinecraft Earth Gameplay - Building & Discovering Together - MMORPG.com

During today's Apple Worldwide Developers' Conference, Mojang showed off Minecraft Earth, its upcoming augmented reality game. The demo showcases how things are built on a small scale, but then can be enlarged to real-world size and see one another exploring them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I know people are going to mention building cocks on neighbors lawns and whatnot but i think this is a absolutely brilliant idea. Minecraft AR that is and not the building cocks part. Really cool video/demo. I will play this
    Amathemgilbrtsn
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is a cool idea but just like VR,the implementation is very weak.
    Minecraft is simply outdated,building blocks...outdated,visuals...outdated.Vr does the same thing,implementing it's idea with low budget games and Minecraft is a low budget game.

Also seems to be puiggybacking off the pokemon idea.
    ManWithNoTan

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I know people are going to mention building cocks on neighbors lawns 
    That never occurred to me. But you made me laugh. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited June 2019
    Usually I have no time for mobile, but this juxtaposition of reality and gaming world is leading to a new world of gameplay, yes it will get abused, just like any gaming format can be, there will be mitigation of that somehow down the line. I look to the future where you can do exercise at home and be in a Team UK squad on the track, create art online and in the real world at the same time, tell a story that software brings to life, hold roleplaying sessions at a table built around animated dioramas.

The intriguing thing is that it wmay not be home computers that give us this apart from VR which is a big step. we have seen nothing else pushing this forward, but mobile gaming which makes more money than Pc and consoles combined may lead the way.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    First time i saw this i was thinking that would be perfect for a zombie game. it uses the real world surroundings and adds zombies to shoot.
  • ElineaElinea Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I sincerely hope it's not going to be iOS only.
    Scot
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2019
    That was a pretty cringy show. It was like they were pretending there was an audience that was interested, only there really was one that totally wasn't.

Elinea said:

It is for now sadly.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Wizardry said:

It is a cool idea but just like VR,the implementation is very weak.

Minecraft is simply outdated,building blocks...outdated,visuals...outdated.Vr does the same thing,implementing it's idea with low budget games and Minecraft is a low budget game.

Also seems to be puiggybacking off the pokemon idea.

Dude you really need to stop posting to literally every thread as you are super jaded and constantly just complain. IF this game is so outdated why is it still to date the highest selling game on the market and continues to have more players than all the mmorpgs combined and survival games? They continue to update this game more than most mmorpgs do. It might not be your thing but acting like its outdated and low budget shows how truly ignorant you sound just to put a point across that you do not like something.
    ManWithNoTanTiller
  • GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Enhanced reality > Virtual reality

Imagine playing any strategy game in your table in 3D, or moba games, or card games, or ARPG games. For me it is more exciting than playing FPS in VR.

Also Enhanced reality have all those applications that we have seen in sci-fi movies.
    JeffSpicoli
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Gendark said:

Imagine playing any strategy game in your table in 3D, or moba games, or card games, or ARPG games. For me it is more exciting than playing FPS in VR.

Also Enhanced reality have all those applications that we have seen in sci-fi movies.
    It goes beyond gaming which is why I think it won't stall like VR has.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gendark said:

Augmented Reality is clearly the next step in MMO's, Imagine gathering 20 of your fellow Guild mates in a empty Walmart parking lot at 11 pm to do some night time raiding.

Hey guys Sunday at 12 we will do a afternoon raid in the Park

Scot
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited June 2019

Tiller said:

That was a pretty cringy show. It was like they were pretending there was an audience that was interested, only there really was one that totally wasn't.

Elinea said:

It is for now sadly.

Highly doubt, microsoft still has 4 years left android license so highly likely android version come couple days after iOS.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    AR is the future, has always been the future. The companies working with it are doing extraordinary things that actually enhances life. When true to life holograms hit the market, it will be a sci-fi bubble burst all over again an age of renaissance for the technical air.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Says that you need either a phone with android 7 or iOS 10 - so I guess android will be a thing :)