Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Malkavian Clan Revealed - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,815
    Scot said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Nibs said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Neoyoshi said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Ronald88 said:

Will there be a multiplayer mode ? 
    Any information about that ?

Hope not.

I agree, The first game didn't have Multiplayer, why should this one?
    The first game, Redemption, had multiplayer and it was a blast. A quasi Neverwinter dungeon master mode.

Yes, bloodlines 2 needs multiplayer. Can you imagine what modding and private online RP servers with some tools for dungeon master would do to the game's longevity?

Ignoring that possibility is a missed opportunity in my opinion.
    This is Bloodlines 2, a sequel to Vampire: The MasqueradeBloodlines, which did NOT have multiplayer. This is not a sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption, a totally different game which DID have multiplayer.
    Calm down your tits.

What I meant is that Redemption had and it was a better experience because of it.

Having co-op or multiplayer would enhance Bloodlines 2, not reduce it. Look what co-op/dungeon master mode made to games such Divinity and Neverwinter Nights.
    By that reasoning multiplayer always makes for a better game experience which is not the case, indeed to my thinking the best multiplayer games were those made to be multiplayer, not ones that tried to straddle both gameplay experience horses.
    You'll still have your single player campaign... Whatefuck is this logic of "less is bettter"? 
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,296
    Nyctelios said:
    Scot said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Nibs said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Neoyoshi said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Ronald88 said:

Will there be a multiplayer mode ? 
    Any information about that ?

Hope not.

I agree, The first game didn't have Multiplayer, why should this one?
    The first game, Redemption, had multiplayer and it was a blast. A quasi Neverwinter dungeon master mode.

Yes, bloodlines 2 needs multiplayer. Can you imagine what modding and private online RP servers with some tools for dungeon master would do to the game's longevity?

This is Bloodlines 2, a sequel to Vampire: The MasqueradeBloodlines, which did NOT have multiplayer. This is not a sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption, a totally different game which DID have multiplayer.
    Calm down your tits.

What I meant is that Redemption had and it was a better experience because of it.

Having co-op or multiplayer would enhance Bloodlines 2, not reduce it. Look what co-op/dungeon master mode made to games such Divinity and Neverwinter Nights.
    By that reasoning multiplayer always makes for a better game experience which is not the case, indeed to my thinking the best multiplayer games were those made to be multiplayer, not ones that tried to straddle both gameplay experience horses.
    You'll still have your single player campaign... Whatefuck is this logic of "less is bettter"? 
    If you design for the ground up for multiplayer you have a better chance of making a good multiplayer game than if you try to make a game that is good in both arenas. So sometimes less is more.

Have you played AC multiplayer, barely worthwhile? There are a couple of single player games who's name I can't even remember where the multiplayer was quite awful. Far better that time had been put into making the single player game even better.
    blamo2000

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,047
    Not only that, but if a SP game adds multiplayer or co-op it severely effects design (usually to the extreme detriment of the SP game, systems, and mechanics) and pulls resources (money, PPE, etc) which would otherwise go into making the SP game good and worth playing.

Everyone besides people who want co-op or MP would rather have a solid SP game than a watered -down co-op game.  I doubt I'd even look at this if it were MP or co-op, because solid MP or co-op games having a quality SP experience with adult-level, non-sophomoric systems and mechanics are the exception and not the rule.
    Scot
  • ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,406
    edited June 2019

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,406
    edited June 2019
    Nyctelios said:

Yes, I can imagine. It's terrifying, and gives me nightmares. I recall, unfortunately, the godawful ERP people did in EQ, WoW, etc. I don't even want to think of the kinds of garbage that would seep out like pus from an open wound on a V:tM multiplayer server.
    OG_Zorvan
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    Just as long as they do a good job with combat and story SP or MP makes no difference to me.  Usually though the less complicated a game the easier it is to design and implement.  TD2 has gotten so complicated that they can't even install working updates.  They had to remove the last updates because it caused so many problems.  Just give me a solid game experience without unnecessary complications.
    Scot

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey