Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic Release Date Announced - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWarhammer Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic Release Date Announced - MMORPG.com News

Fatshark has announced that the Winds of Magic expansion to Warhammer Vermintide 2 will be coming out in August. With the expansion, players will find lots of new content including new challenges as eight "winds" offer players new and surprising ways to play and "a nearly endless difficulty curve to challenge the toughest Vermintide 2 heroes".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Can't wait, this game is awesome!
    XarkoGorwe
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Pretty cool cinematic, although I think the guy would just straight up murder a beastman child right there on the spot. Not to mention what would happen to his wife if the witchhunters heard of this.

Anyway.. this should be a great DLC, can't wait.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,984
    After waiting 2 mins for the comments to load all I say is this game is the hallmark of Warhammer being done well, there have been others as well but this one really hits the mark.
    Xarko[Deleted User]Gorwe[Deleted User]
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Jeez what a good Trailer! Love that one, nicely done! Good Piece of "Gaming Art" from my perspective!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Torval said:

Scot said:

After waiting 2 mins for the comments to load all I say is this game is the hallmark of Warhammer being done well, there have been others as well but this one really hits the mark.

It brings you right down in the thick of it in a way that other games don't quite. I pretty much suck at it though. It's definitely not a button masher.

Me too. I tried one but my ineptitude frustrated me.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

I never played a Warhammer game accept for Warhammer Online (which I loved) , might try this someday. Does it have 3rd person view ?
    No, strictly first person.  
    Scot
    edited June 2019
    Iselin said:

Torval said:

Scot said:

It brings you right down in the thick of it in a way that other games don't quite. I pretty much suck at it though. It's definitely not a button masher.

Guys it is not that hard, yes it takes some play to get into the swing of it, so it may not be like the 90% of other games out there where difficulty is set to 2 out of 10. :)

Tips: I was going to give some tips but then I thought, you guys are old gamers you must know all this stuff like 'don't get detached from the group'. So I recon you simply have not got enough playtime under your belt.
    StoneRosesblastermaster
  • Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205

Xarko said:

Pretty cool cinematic, although I think the guy would just straight up murder a beastman child right there on the spot. Not to mention what would happen to his wife if the witchhunters heard of this.

Anyway.. this should be a great DLC, can't wait.

I don't get this either, why would she leave evidence with the baby as well? Witch hunters are smart, its their job to find out about this stuff. It seems weird that they'd leave it to die in a forest rather than just pu it out of its misery.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I never played a Warhammer game accept for Warhammer Online (which I loved) , might try this someday. Does it have 3rd person view ?

There is a 3rd person mod that can be played on the Modded Servers.
    I have to say I am having a blast even though I am not a fan of 1st person games.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

There is a 3rd person mod that can be played on the Modded Servers.
    I have to say I am having a blast even though I am not a fan of 1st person games.
    It should be noted you get no loot and no progress on modded servers.
    rojoArcueidGorwe
    Torval said:
    Scot said:
    Iselin said:

Torval said:

Scot said:

Guys it is not that hard, yes it takes some play to get into the swing of it, so it may not be like the 90% of other games out there where difficulty is set to 2 out of 10. :)

Tips: I was going to give some tips but then I thought, you guys are old gamers you must know all this stuff like 'don't get detached from the group'. So I recon you simply have not got enough playtime under your belt.
    It is a game that takes practice. That's what I meant by it not being a button masher. It's tactical and hacking willy nilly will get you killed.

I didn't feel like there was enough room for me to practice and get myself up to speed with a build before needing to carry myself in a group. That did limit how much time I put into practicing. For someone like me there has to be more practice room.
    You stay on lowest difficulty until you are happy, random groups are in the same situation you are. You have to be prepared to accept that sometimes you foul the whole thing up, that's the nature of such games even if you are not using random groups.

I remember I messed up once in Nightmare and this guy was like "Never play nightmare again, never!" :) And then things can go wrong even when tactics are spot on.

You can also get good tips from the forums, but if you only have a limited time before you need to be ready for a guild group or the like that's tricky, you need to take your time.
    edited June 2019
    Gorwe said:
    Must be one of my favorite games, even if I like VT1 better.

And it is a (tactical) button masher, have you ever played it? :)
    I preferred VT1 myself though it is hard to pin done why, maybe we have become jaded after just the first game in a franchises history now days? :)
    Gorwe said:
    Scot said:
    Gorwe said:
    Must be one of my favorite games, even if I like VT1 better.

And it is a (tactical) button masher, have you ever played it? :)
    I preferred VT1 myself though it is hard to pin done why, maybe we have become jaded after just the first game in a franchises history now days? :)
    I can pin it down perfectly. It's because VT1 actually had better feedback, the entire combat felt meatier. VT2 sometimes feels very arcade like when compared to VT1. Nerfs to rat resistance(Clans and Storms are nowhere near their VT1 level), buffs to weapon performance(even daggers hit 2 enemies lol), buffs to hero durability...all lead to you cutting right through enemies. And Chaos Warriors are more annoying than challenging.

The heroes also lost their identity. Kerillian was an elite Wood Elf Ranger(=Waywatcher) in VT1 while in VT2, she can even be pseudo High or Dark Elf!

All of that leads to arguably better en masse popularity, but also the side effect of kinda losing a soul.
    Well that is the drive to ever easier mode which is a curse of gaming today. But for me it was more about atmosphere, some have suggested it was the day time missions or a too legendary feel to the what the players were doing. WH being more about down and dirty practicalities of fighting evil rather than heroic avatars of good.
    Gorwe
    Nyctelios said:
    I think people don't highlight enough the characters interactions. I really love the dialogues on both V1 and V2, but V2 is slightly superior. They are so well written.

The tutorial (prologue) makes you reunite the gang and I got goosebumps when they all got together... It actually felt like they had history together. I got it recently and I'm enjoying a lot, even playing solo with bots.

I'm very excited with this news. I hope we see more and more End of Times content. My favorite "timeline"/era.
    Oh man, did you play the anniversary event?  It was AMAZING in terms of the interactions/dialogue.
    Scot[Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    I think people don't highlight enough the characters interactions. I really love the dialogues on both V1 and V2, but V2 is slightly superior. They are so well written.

The tutorial (prologue) makes you reunite the gang and I got goosebumps when they all got together... It actually felt like they had history together. I got it recently and I'm enjoying a lot, even playing solo with bots.

I'm very excited with this news. I hope we see more and more End of Times content. My favorite "timeline"/era.
    Oh man, did you play the anniversary event?  It was AMAZING in terms of the interactions/dialogue.

Some of my favourites:

"A day late and a silver short, this caravan. Easy prey for vile chaos-spawn." VS

"Don't run! He just wants to be your friend." SF

"I've a grandmother hits harder than that! " BG

"One 'poacher's surprise' coming right up! " MG

“Can we get moving? Before the Skaven die of old age.” K

edited June 2019
    Scot said:
    Nyctelios said:

Some of my favourites:

"A day late and a silver short, this caravan. Easy prey for vile chaos-spawn." VS

"Don't run! He just wants to be your friend." SF

"I've a grandmother hits harder than that! " BG

"One 'poacher's surprise' coming right up! " MG

“Can we get moving? Before the Skaven die of old age.” K

The anniversary event was incredible.  Saltzpyre the steam tank  :D :D :D :D

Edit:  Luckily it's the first set of dialogue that comes up in that video.  Imagine all of that while bashing/slashing baddies 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N4pG8C94LQ
    Scot