Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check Out the Upcoming World of Warcraft Benthic Gear - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCheck Out the Upcoming World of Warcraft Benthic Gear - MMORPG.com

When v8.2 Rise of Azshara launches in World of Warcraft, it will come with a new vendor that will sell account-bound gear for "Prismatic Manapearls" earned through gameplay. The items purchased can then be sent to alts to help them gear up and, most interestingly, the gear itself can be upgraded at the same vendor up to near Heroic-raid level gear after seven improvements are purchased.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2019
    That's just some unattractive armor. The WoW graphic design team in every other part of the game is spot on, but their gear designs just...suck ass. They need to take a few lessons from the Diablo 3 armor/weapon teams. Their stuff is amazing.
    AlbatroesJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]Truvidien88[Deleted User]Sovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Boy George called and said "Blizzard, stay out of my wardrobe closet. Don't make me walk off stage on you like I did on The Voice." 
    SBFordJeffSpicoliOGDeathRow

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Amathe said:
    Boy George called and said "Blizzard, stay out of my wardrobe closet. Don't make me walk off stage on you like I did on The Voice." 

AlbatroesJeffSpicoliAmathefoxgirl[Deleted User]Sovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

That's just some unattractive armor. The WoW graphic design team in every other part of the game is spot on, but their gear designs just...suck ass. They need to take a few lessons from the Diablo 3 armor/weapon teams. Their stuff is amazing.

I was going to say that they probably did it on purpose to get more people to raid but then remembered how bad half the previous tier looked.
    SBFord
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    When is 8.2 coming out?
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019
    Amathe said:
    Truth be told my gnome warlock transmog is actually very similar to post 2k Boy George. Not quite as flamboyant as the 80's but it works for me

Amathe
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    they should sack their armor design team, they really are just boring and lazy as fuck
    AmatheSBFord
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Sometimes I want to go back and play this game, because of all the time I spent on it, but then I look at shit and I'm all meh about it.
    JeffSpicoliMauroDiogoSBFord
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I'm pretty sure Benthic means lowest of the low. And keep your hands off my prismatc manapearls!
    SBFord
  • kotu107kotu107 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    when Hierloms is not enough !
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160

kotu107 said:

when Hierloms is not enough !

Just recycle the heirloom idea and now they can say they put out "new content"
    SBFord
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2019
    Nvm.

Not able to properly embed pictures in my post from my phone.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    lahnmir said:
    Nvm.

Not able to properly embed pictures in my post from my phone.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I wish it were as easy from our phones as it is from the desktop (literally copy/paste).

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Is Carson Kressley on the armor design team?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I think they aren't too worried about their new armours have mass visual appeal at this point. They could put in tons of work trying to make a new armour set, that doesn't look too much like any of their previous 500 armour sets, and still have 70% of the player base transmog over them.
    Probably a bad choice for their promotional picture, an elf with al the ear eyebrow clipping none the less. I remember one of their previous BfA promotional pieces with what looked like a dagger scaled up to be a sword. Did not inspire me to play the game. But actually their are quire a lot of good looking pieces available. At least for the Zandalari themed stuff. I can do without all the anchors!
    They also have to save some of the cooler stuff for harder to achieve rewards to give the players their little dopamine hits. I wasn't too impressed with the warglaives in BfA, until I got one of the warfront drops. Mmm, dopamine. They have an even cooler alliance only one though :( grumble grumble