Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny's Sword Interview - Exploring Key Features - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• RanceRance Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Hey! It's updated Necromunda!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is this the spiritual successor to Destiny's Child?
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Yeah, until I see a lot more, and I mean a lot more, this is a hard pass for me.  There's no way I would give money to a KS based on what I've seen, esp. one that is only asking for $30k.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    If those 4-6 month tours are real-life time, that could kill the game right there all by itself.  Quit for a while and want to come back a year later?  All your characters have retired, so you get to start over.

Even apart from that, you have to accommodate the fact that some players will have a lot more time to play than others.  If it takes a casual player a year to do something that someone who practically lives in the game can do in two weeks, that's fine.  If the casual has characters constantly retire so that they can never get high level, that's not fine in a game with considerable progression.

You're going to need to make characters retiring at the end of their tours not feel like a devastating hit to your squad.  You need to structure it so that even the hardcore min/maxers are excited about getting a new character in, not upset at the loss of skills and levels.  That's not easy to do without wrecking play balance elsewhere.  The model that comes to mind is clickers where a reset gives permanent bonuses, but that runs the risk of runaway long-term bonuses.