Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights & Planescape: Torment EE Versions Coming to Consoles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBaldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights & Planescape: Torment EE Versions Coming to Consoles - MMORPG.com News

If you've been dying for some classic RPG action on your favorite console, have we got good news for you! Beamdog has announced that the Enhanced Editions of the Baldur's Gate series, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment will be coming to Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch this fall.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

AmatherojoArcueid

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    On Switch these will be hella fun. I'm looking forward to Icewind Dale. :)
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]natpick

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Where's my Icewind Dale II EE?
    [Deleted User]blamo2000
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Bring them all baby!, I can already see all of them lined up on my shelf. I have Torment Tides of Numenera on PS4 and it's really good. Looking forward to playing the original.

I've always wanted to play Icewind Dale and never did because of the point and click nature of it. Now will be the perfect time for me to experience it.

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    LOL this will be my 3rd of fourth copy of these, planning on Switch versions. I own the EE editions on PC already and I still have each of these in their original form in boxed copies, plus hard copy strategy guides :-D
    rojoArcueidnatpick
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If only we could get the actual best Bioware game ever - Mass Effect 2, in a Mass Effect trilogy on Switch.
    SBFord
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Yeah definitely picking up one or two of these for the switch. Any old school games they want to bring to the switch I am more than ok with. Especially epic ones like these.
    rojoArcueid

• RebeccaWolfRebeccaWolf Member UncommonPosts: 15
    That's just a great news for D&D fans!
    Palebane
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Going with Switch and looking for Icewind Dale first.
    Me too! :)
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MaldrekMaldrek Member UncommonPosts: 14
    very exicted for these time to dust off the consoles would like to see champions of norrath 1 & 2 and the Baldurs gate dark alliances get a make over and re release
    SBFord
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited June 2019

Maldrek said:

would like to see champions of norrath 1 & 2 and the Baldurs gate dark alliances get a make over and re release

oh hell yes

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Im going to need a new sd card for my switch. im getting all of these.
    SBFord
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I wonder if Co-op means couch co-op, my wife and I would love that, all we have now is Outward and Divinity:OS 1&2 for our RPG fix on Xbox.
    ConstantineMerus

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Distopia said:
    I wonder if Co-op means couch co-op, my wife and I would love that, all we have now is Outward and Divinity:OS 1&2 for our RPG fix on Xbox.
    Well well well. It seems these titles aren't the only ancient goodies we got back on this thread. 
    Distopia
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:
    Well well well. It seems these titles aren't the only ancient goodies we got back on this thread. 
    Certainly has been a while, haha
    ConstantineMerus

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member UncommonPosts: 49

Beamdog confirmed a year ago (or so) the despite trying to get this, it appears that the original source code has been lost (by Bioware??) and so an EE version is impossible unless it turns up. I'd have loved to get this as well.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Beamdog confirmed a year ago (or so) the despite trying to get this, it appears that the original source code has been lost (by Bioware??) and so an EE version is impossible unless it turns up. I'd have loved to get this as well.
    BioWare had nothing to do with the Icewind Dale series (outside licensing the engine), both were made by Black Isle which was closed in 2003 by Interplay (who were also the original publisher of the games).
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member UncommonPosts: 49

azarhal said:

BioWare had nothing to do with the Icewind Dale series (outside licensing the engine), both were made by Black Isle which was closed in 2003 by Interplay (who were also the original publisher of the games).

Thanks for the confirm on developer (hence why I put ?? in my post)
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

They'll never make it because it broke from the formula of the others, regardless of them saying the source code or original data is missing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다