Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Review - Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMobile Review - Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest - MMORPG.com

Have you ever had any aspirations of commanding the forces of chaos? How about a deep-seated need to build a fortress and overthrow the empires of man? Do you wish that you could carry that ability with you and at the tap of a screen send out forces to do unto opposing chaos champions and their hordes? If you answered yes to these questions then a new mobile strategy game created by Tilting Point, in partnership with Games Workshop and Hunted Cow may be just for you. This is our Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited May 2019
    Oh another pay to win game but this one is different! This one is with Warhammmer skin so that you can spend money to win with Warhammer elements! So join in if you're a Arabic Prince or have multiple oil companies!!!!!!
  • oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I have tried it.It is actualy worst than some of the other pay to win "strategy" games. There is zero combat animation (or combat at all). Avoid it x100.
    Reaperman69
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    If these stupid mobile games were not all based on the same p2w scheme I would be open to them. Here is a game that looks interesting but once again you will inevitably hit a pay wall if you don't fork up the money. I am willing to pay money for a good game, but not in the form of p2w.
    SBFord
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2019
    Honestly, people bust a gasket over loot boxes in PC/console games, but they are tame by comparison to mobile games. I'd have a lot more respect for legislation going after ostensible "gambling" in video games IF it also pointed to mobile, the far worse offender IMO.

Maybe if the grotesque "monetization" in mobile games was slapped down HARD, we'd see less mobile development and more games being made for consoles and PC.
    MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

SBFord said:

Honestly, people bust a gasket over loot boxes in PC/console games, but they are tame by comparison to mobile games. I'd have a lot more respect for legislation going after ostensible "gambling" in video games IF it also pointed to mobile, the far worse offender IMO.

Maybe if the grotesque "monetization" in mobile games was slapped down HARD, we'd see less mobile development and more games being made for consoles and PC.

The problem is that the mobile game is under the free to play protections. You've purchased no product. Loot boxes in console games that you've already paid to access the content of are what the legislation is currently targeting. Free to play monetization is tricky, as you are freely given access to the game, and are not due any access to the content.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77

Tyggs said:

SBFord said:

The problem is that the mobile game is under the free to play protections. You've purchased no product. Loot boxes in console games that you've already paid to access the content of are what the legislation is currently targeting. Free to play monetization is tricky, as you are freely given access to the game, and are not due any access to the content.

1st hit is always free
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

SBFord said:

I don't think we should have to settle for playing the "which is less bad" game. That's how the bar constantly gets lowered.
    Certainly go after mobile games, but do not let that stand in the way of getting rid of gambling in PC games or Consoles.
    gervaise1Gorwe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76

SBFord said:

Lol you are actually complaining about monetization? There are 3 articles about this game TODAY ALONE on your fine website? How much monetization did you guys receive to run them?
  • EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52

SBFord said:

Unfortunately, we are commenting under an article that comments on how the microtransactions "aren't that bad!" And how it makes the author MORE likely to spend money on it. If that isn't telling people to do the same, and propping up the continued success of the mobile market to the detriment of others, I don't know what is.

It could start to be slapped down if media outlets stopped giving it a pass, if games with loot boxes, free to play, mobile, whatever, received automatic "0" reviews or just no publicity. This isn't even sponsored content, that I can tell, and that makes it worse to me.
  • pwyllerpwyller Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    One reason to never play this game:

You're under attack, but you teleport (read that folks T E L E P O R T - as in vanish and reappear), but all your troops die anyway.

There has never been a more ridiculous game scenario in game history.