Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail.ru Announces a Russian Demo Version of Lost Ark - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMail.ru Announces a Russian Demo Version of Lost Ark - MMORPG.com

From today through June 6th, Mail.ru will be running a demo version of Lost Ark in preparation for launch in Russia, presumably later this summer. The full game will not be available during the demo period, but it should give players a good taste of gameplay.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    There is still hype for this game.
    It is just very small, compared to what it used to be.
    I wish it wouldn't be so late. It will probably take a whole year or two for release, but by that time we will probably get other Arpgs, such as

Wolcen
    Last Epoch
    Warhammer Chaosbane
    + many others
    SBFordsakinol
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Sadly the long wait is really wearing out my hype. It's gotten to the point that I won't even bother trying the Russian demo, but then again it might have something to do that it seems like it's going to release around WoW classic and I don't know about others, but that's what I'll be playing at that time.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited May 2019
    Now let's get it via my.com ! Not that i "rly love that option", but i would take it. Bring it on for EU/NA!
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Hype will return once the west gets an official launch / beta date.
    WhiskeydustKyleransakinolalkarionlog
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Well, I've played Lost Ark, Torchlight Frontiers, Wolcen, Pagan Online and Warhammer Chaosbane (it's not even a proper aRPG).

Lost Ark absolutely smashes all the others. The impact of the combat, the presentation, the performance, the massacre...

The others aren't even in the same league.
    MyrdynnWaanKajidourdensakinol
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I don't understand why they allow games to go to Russia before say EU or Na. Russian Mmorpgs tend to become super pay to win and then end up being canned months after release if it even makes it to a full release. So many Russians games have died because of this fact. I don't understand the logic behind this.
    sakinol
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

nomadie said:

I don't understand why they allow games to go to Russia before say EU or Na. Russian Mmorpgs tend to become super pay to win and then end up being canned months after release if it even makes it to a full release. So many Russians games have died because of this fact. I don't understand the logic behind this.

its obvious...in Soviet Russia ARPG plays you
    tinoberserkKyleransakinol
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    /sigh Na/Eu biggest markets last to market.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    was able to try it , and the gameplay is solid (D3 levels ) , graphics are "ok" , cant say i had graphic on max since options was russian...however there was a "preset selection" and everything looked not as good as expected. FPS was fine.

Dunno about KR or future EU/NA versions , but RU is looking p2w , its my.com afterall
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

actually its asian market biggest market that's why they don't give a shit about the rest ;)

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• AwakenWarriorAwakenWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Which class do you picked? I picked a guy with this gigantic gun and he looked just like Michael Jackson.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    P2W as fuck on both KR and RU, RIP already before coming to the west lol, good luck for the future sheeps
  • RebeccaWolfRebeccaWolf Member UncommonPosts: 15

It will probably take a whole year or two for release, but by that time we will probably get other Arpgs, such as

Wolcen

Last Epoch

Warhammer Chaosbane

+ many others

I did just get an email "Warhammer: Chaosbane is now available on Steam!". But as a fan of ARPG I will keep an eye at any other ARPG. And I'm still waiting for LA coming to the west.
    Kyleran
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Mail.ru > My.com > Hype death
    sakinolnicogamer
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    nepulas said:

actually its asian market biggest market that's why they don't give a shit about the rest ;)
    I'm sure it will be as successful in the west as all the other "great" games we've seen come outta China.

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Kyleran said:

nepulas said:

I'm sure it will be as successful in the west as all the other "great" games we've seen come outta China.

Spoken like a true American. Are all hispanic people Mexican to you too?
    Aeander
  • nicogamernicogamer Member UncommonPosts: 3
    my.com?...nope nope nope nope
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited November 2019
    Kyleran said:
    nepulas said:

Ky it is Korean.

I am looking forward to this.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited November 2019
    kitarad said:
    Kyleran said:
    nepulas said:

Ky it is Korean.

I am looking forward to this.

Interesting enough I thought it might be however there or Korea, the point still stands so doesn't matter.

Now if you had said it was Japanese made ......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    nomadie said:
    one of 2, or korean devs prefer to deal with russian then the NA/ EU peeps, or the publishers in russia work better and faster, so take your pick

btw strange, the people I know are playing the game in russian servers for over a week now there is a english patch who is better translated then the korean server time, and from what I saw they playing, and being over lvl 50 now, was teh full game
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.