Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current Issues

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
1. I cannot press Submit on a poll.

2. Still cannot load photos unless I have added them to a photo site and even then they only show as a link.

3. Advertising Bots are necroing threads.
Amathe

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I should add I can submit for other players polls just not my own.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Same for me as to 1 and 2.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Getting fed up of not being able to post a picture, if I paste a lnk into Atach Image or select a picture for Attach File I cant press anything to insert them in. The link sits in the box but I cannot insert into the post.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I use the attach image file which is represented on the bar as  a painting or Portrait icon i then use a link that leads to the direct address of the photo or obnoxious gif. Are you trying to upload pictures from your PC ?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

I use the attach image file which is represented on the bar as  a painting or Portrait icon i then use a link that leads to the direct address of the photo or obnoxious gif. Are you trying to upload pictures from your PC ?
    I can put links in Attach Image (The painting icon) but then I am stuck. I cannot use say the Return key or anything else to make the box disappear and the image be inserted.
    I guess there is a certain irony in having your thread which complained about advertising bots getting its own post by an advertising bot. :)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited May 2019
    Insert image > add link to Image URL > Keep mouse focus in that text box.  It often doesn't stay in the box after inserting URL >  Press Enter.  Image should show in preview.
    MrMelGibsonKyleran
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    edited May 2019

Cats do recognize their name.  They just don't care sometimes  most of the time.
    MrMelGibsonJeffSpicoli
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    edited May 2019
    It is Attach Pictures, I can't see an insert, I can paste in but the enter key does nothing. From Attach Pictures I can also browse and select an image. I use the open button that selects the picture. A blue line appears at the top of this box I am typing in now and then disappears. I can enter a link via the Url button, just not an actual picture.

Both these methods worked up to a few months ago. Thanks for your help.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Using any kind of ad blocker on the site? I found some strange activity with comments not loading on the non-forum view. DIsabled the ad blocker and it was back to normal. It was only a selective add blocker by the way (-_-;)
    I tried an ad blocker, no joy, but thanks for the help. It may be that the staff need to think about overhaluing the site. If they have no money for it how about crowd funding? I can think of worse projects. :)

RexKushman
    edited May 2019
    Just to add a new issue, when clicking on a news article they are sometimes taking ages to load. This does not happen for forum post pages or anything else on here.

Just to be clear it is the posts below the article that take ages to come up, the article itself is there straight away.
    DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    Just to add a new issue, when clicking on a news article they are sometimes taking ages to load. This does not happen for forum post pages or anything else on here.

Just to be clear it is the posts below the article that take ages to come up, the article itself is there straight away.

On my phone - they dont load at all most of the time, I've waited over 10min once - and nothing.

Works fine on my PC however.

One fix for mobile is to open a news article in incognito mode in a new browser tab - the posts below the news article load immediately. What sucks about this is that you have to log in again if you want to reply.

Major suckage

This is all on Android.
    All on PC for me, many of these problems seem to cross platforms.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Grunty said:

Cats do recognize their name.  They just don't care sometimes  most of the time.
    That is the coolest looking cat i have ever seen, I want one!
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    About necro threads.  I sometimes do a search in google and it brings up old but related to my query threads.  If it's still germane to the subject, I'll post.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

About necro threads.  I sometimes do a search in google and it brings up old but related to my query threads.  If it's still germane to the subject, I'll post.
    You are not an advertising bot, so not bothered if you bring up old issues. :)
    Beezerbeez
    edited May 2019
    Grunty said:

That is the coolest looking cat i have ever seen, I want one!
    It's called a chimera cat.  Essentially a female cat with fused DNA from two different embryos.  It isn't too rare and is not a breed.  Male tortiseshell cats are chimeras but rarely have the equal sided face and different eye colors.

https://www.wideopenpets.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-chimera-cat/

edited June 2019
    I deleted the ad blocker after a trial period and that issue with comments in articles taking time to load stopped. No joy with any other issues though.
    Post edited by Scot on