Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survival game for someone new to the genre?

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,449
    Sovrath said:
    Conan Exiles, Its the best in the genre right now and considering you are on MMORPG im assuming you like MMO's which it is, well , MMO Lite. Play it now!
    Alternately, he wishes to see the judgement of the community here.

I'm curious now, though: what features does Conan Exiles have that make it a survival game (most survival games feature permadeath, e.g.)
    Really? I've played only two, Conan Exiles and Dark and Light and didn't experience perma-death.

I don't think all servers of Ark, for example, have permadeath. but I don't think not having it makes it less of a survival game.

One has to eat and drink in conan exiles. One has to be mindful of being in the sun for too long. One can get sick if they eat bad food. 

Food spoils so one has to have food/fresh water.

In any case, Conan Exiles is a great game I absolutely love it.
    Resource management is another hallmark of the survival genre. 

The question wasn't an attempt to throw shade over Conan, just found it unusual because MMOs aren't what first spring to mind when I read "survival game" because... permadeath.

That's the funny thing about genres, I suppose.  Someone can make a zombie movie where zombies are fast, or even the "good guys", or a zombie comedy, etc. etc.
    Nah, I didn't think you were throwing shade and quite frankly there are a lot of valid criticisms that could be made of Conan Exiles.

I  just had never heard of the whole permadeath aspect. It's intriguing. However, given how often I have died in Conan Exiles I do think it could be tedious.

• BraceLeadBraceLead Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    The Walking Dead: The Game
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,628
    edited May 30
    empyrion is pretty good to, if you like space games. you craft your own space ships and can go to other planets, also build space stations, and capital vassels to carry other ships.