Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something relaxing

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Under a lot of stress.  Do you guys have any suggestions of a relaxing game to play?  Any genre is fine.  I've already played Stardew Valley.

Thanks!

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    MMORPG-wise, Wizard101 is relaxing to me. It's a deck building spell casting game without action combat.

Dungeon Keeper 2 I find relaxing, with it's humor.
    Phaserlight

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    AlBQuirky said:
    MMORPG-wise, Wizard101 is relaxing to me. It's a deck building spell casting game without action combat.

I played DK2 a long time ago and liked it.  You ever play Dungeons 3?  I hear it's very similar.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Anyone try the pocket version of Final Fantasy whatever number the last one was?  My kid had it and I tried it and it wasn't that bad.  I got the normal version a while ago on PC and didn't care for it (other than the hot car wash lady).  I play the pocket version while going to the bathroom and its pretty relaxing and enjoyable.  
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Kentucky Route Zero.  It's a road trip from nowhere to somewhere. The journey is the game and you decide where you go.
    Phaserlight
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Try fishing 
    Phaserlight
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019
    Under a lot of stress.  Do you guys have any suggestions of a relaxing game to play?  Any genre is fine.  I've already played Stardew Valley.

Thanks!
    American or Euro Truck Simulator, To those who have never played doing delivery's in a truck I'm sure sounds horribly boring  but there is something very zen like just driving and listening to the many RL ingame music stations (80's rock-pop country ect ).

As other have suggested Fishing in real life and if you are not the outdoorsy type try fishing planet the best fishing sim on the market. Also nothing beats a gym session, If you hate walking or running on a treadmill start lifting some weights, no weights or gym hit the pavement and walk a few blocks, Release those endorphins 

Just know tough times don't last.

AlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Thanks!
    American or Euro Truck Simulator, To those who have never played doing delivery's in a truck I'm sure sounds horribly boring  but there is something very zen like just driving and listening to the many RL ingame music stations (80's rock-pop country ect ).

As other have suggested Fishing in real life and if you are not the outdoorsy type try fishing planet the best fishing sim on the market. Also nothing beats a gym session, If you hate walking or running on a treadmill start lifting some weights, no weights or gym hit the pavement and walk a few blocks, Release those endorphins 

Fishing in real life does release stress, but isn't cheap... A decent rod/real combo, a small bit of tackle and annual fishing license (depending where you live) can run you north of $200 easily.  
    Listen, This isn't Bass Masters on ESPN he's a novice, he can go to Walmart and get up & running for under 60 bucks. Also don't stress about a fishing licence the chance of actually getting caught by someone is slim to none and even if you do they would most likely let a complete novice off with a warning (Just flash your walmart bag & wonder bread bait and apologize ;)
    AlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited May 2019

Thanks!

Fishing in real life does release stress, but isn't cheap... A decent rod/real combo, a small bit of tackle and annual fishing license (depending where you live) can run you north of $200 easily.  
    Listen, This isn't Bass Masters on ESPN he's a novice, he can go to Walmart and get up & running for under 60 bucks. Also don't stress about a fishing licence the chance of actually getting caught by someone is slim to none and even if you do they would most likely let a complete novice off with a warning (Just flash your walmart bag & wonder bread bait and apologize ;)
    That is completely irresponsible telling someone to ignore the law because of their chances of getting caught.  Guess you have never been to Colorado.  There is no such thing as a warning.  The whole state may only have two Fish & Wild Life officers, but they have a magnet for fishers without licenses.  It's a minimum of a $75 fine for each pole plus the automatic loss of fishing gear.  It is a $48 annual pass here by the way.  

mklinicAlBQuirkyPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• matt5555matt5555 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Check please list of best augmented reality for fun . Hope it will be funny . 

- 
    See even the chinese bots have a heart & came to help. Augmented reality..... Good suggestion Matt5555
    AlBQuirkyPhryScotPhaserlight
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited May 2019
    I suggest playing WoW, but focus on fishing (in game fishing that is). 
    AlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

Thanks!

The real expense is gas/food/beer/etc that you needed for every outting.....I figure most hobbies are going to cost money though
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019
    Could play a moba like Smite or some shooters like apex/paladins/etc. Good way to blow off steam sometimes. Arpgs can also be good like grim dawn/path of exile/diablo III just to aoe kill stuff for a bit.
  • Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    ESO.

I only own standard edition and paying ESO+ but with standard edition I have already fun for hours and I do not even touch any DLC, which is acc. to my guildmates another 1000+ hours of fun.
    Phry
    AlBQuirky said:

I played DK2 a long time ago and liked it.  You ever play Dungeons 3?  I hear it's very similar.
    I have not tried it, no. Is it good?

That wasn't that mobile "DK spiritual successor" game was it?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited May 2019
    Staxel is a decent game kind of like Stardew 

War for the Underworld is a fun game if you like the DK type games. Really fun game 

Abzu is very relaxing 

Journey is one the most relaxing games I’ve played and it arrives on PC next week after being a PlayStation exclusive for years. 
    Abzu and Journey are made by many of the same teams
    I've been waiting for Journey to come to PC. Especially since I saw it on the Epic store. But it always says "coming soon."

I guess next week is the "soon?"

edit: Bought it ... for some reason Epic wanted to give me $10 off so got it for $4.99. What a bahgain!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Albatroes said:
    Could play a moba like Smite or some shooters like apex/paladins/etc. Good way to blow off steam sometimes. Arpgs can also be good like grim dawn/path of exile/diablo III just to aoe kill stuff for a bit.
    Those are relaxing? I guess to each their own, eh :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I find just getting on a mount and riding to explore new zones very relaxing in mmos like eso.  Pick up a quest if you want to as npcs tend to run up to you asking for help.
    AmatheAlBQuirky

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited May 2019
    I find Darkest Dungeon relaxing and usually play it just before bed. One's mileage may vary however ...

I find building and modding relaxing so you could either try games that have building (and play single player if they offer it) or perhaps modding Fallout or Skyrim or any game that has 'reasonable' tools.

I spent 2 hours last night building in (single player) Conan Exiles. Very relaxing.

Lord of the Rings Online has a rather serene world so that could be relaxing.

There is also Flower

And like Blue said, Journey is coming soon.

AlBQuirkyAgent_JosephPo_ggPhaserlight
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Hands down, American Truck Simulator is by far the best for this.  I know it sounds strange but it is the only game I have ever played that makes my stress go completely away.  Pick a long haul load, make sure to set your radio to something that a trucker would typically listen to like Country, classic rock etc and just kick back and enjoy the landscape.

Don't try to drive fast, don't try to 'cheat' the game, just kick back and pretend you have 50,000 pounds behind you and just cruise down the road.  I know it sounds crazy but it does the job.  I work in a very high-stress environment and this is the game that makes it all go away.

There is 1 exception, if you are actually a truck driver then I hear it's stressful for them.  But everybody else it's eastbound and down, put the hammer down!  
    JeffSpicoliAlBQuirkyPhaserlight
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    edited June 2019
    Sovrath said:

Lord of the Rings Online has a rather serene world so that could be relaxing.

I am agreed for LOTRO,it is just awesome world ,relaxing,mostly friendly community ...  playing slowly relaxed

Po_gg
    Luiden said:
    Hands down, American Truck Simulator is by far the best for this.  I know it sounds strange but it is the only game I have ever played that makes my stress go completely away.  Pick a long haul load, make sure to set your radio to something that a trucker would typically listen to like Country, classic rock etc and just kick back and enjoy the landscape.

Don't try to drive fast, don't try to 'cheat' the game, just kick back and pretend you have 50,000 pounds behind you and just cruise down the road.  I know it sounds crazy but it does the job.  I work in a very high-stress environment and this is the game that makes it all go away.

There is 1 exception, if you are actually a truck driver then I hear it's stressful for them.  But everybody else it's eastbound and down, put the hammer down!  
    Agreed, did you hear Washington State is coming end of June. I usually wait a month or so after launch so modders can update . Real Gas stations & stores ect ect. 

Also @OP forgot to mention "The Hunter Call of the Wild" Its hunting game with Ultra realistic graphics. Some call this is a walking sim more then anything else as you could very well spend 20-30 minutes ingame tracking a animal before you have a chance to fire your rifle. Between the atmosphere  & sounds its a Very zen like experience  
    RexKushmanAlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand !