Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aliens & Mechs are Part of the Wild West Online Rebrand 'New Frontier' - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

So... THEY THINK... the reason why their game failed is because they didn't have dinosaurs and aliens.

FACEPALM

Look I'm not saying their right, but is it wrong i hope they are? Imagine if all projects failed because of a lack of mechs, dinosaurs, and aliens. I mean honestly it would go a long way to explaining the success of the Manhattan project.
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    "Wild West Online has kept its old timey roots but has added dinosaurs, alien technology and steampunk walking robots as part of its rebranded game "New Frontier""

Because... why not? Throw some Roman Legionaries in there and a cash shop chicken suit and you've got a hit.
    Kyleranfoxgirl
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Sergey Titov, that's all you need to know about this game.

Complete and utter trash.
    This needs QFT. So they sold some assets for a go nowhere game to some suckers that are going to get roasted by gamers. Sometime in the past I would have felt bad for them.
    If it even truly happened that way. Titov has been known to use fronts while still pulling the strings. I know these guys denied that being the case here but I'm still of the mind that this is his game too.
    [Deleted User]KyleranMadFrenchie[Deleted User][Deleted User]GdemamiTacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2019

Best Villains
    [Deleted User]Sovrath[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Didn't Will Smith make a really shitty movie of this ?
    No, but Harrison Ford did.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    The gist of this rebranding:
    Someone was smoking some amazing weed while watching Wild Wild West (Will Smith remake movie) and was like "Holy shit! Thats what the game needs, spider-mechs!!"
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I really want to make fun of this, but..........i have to admit......wild west survival with a steam punk setting, with magic, and alien tech........sounds interesting.....i am now on the fence watching this, when....before, it was never on my radar.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    They say they are working under Free Reign Entertainment, that we know is tied to Sergey Titov.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    foxgirl said:
    The gist of this rebranding:
    Someone was smoking some amazing weed while watching Wild Wild West (Will Smith remake movie) and was like "Holy shit! Thats what the game needs, spider-mechs!!"
    and they also watched cowboys & aliens....I certainly think it will make the game more interesting.....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    POO-tin!
    SBFord
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    this is a joke, right? (crickets)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2019
    Don't you miss actors like Boris Karloff seen in that villain video. I was old enough or young enough for that. Would you believe they cancelled that excellent series because of television violence even though Wild Wild West was delivering high ratings.
    Image result for The Mother Muffin Affair

Chamber of Chains
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    This is going to be as good as the movie." Cowboys and aliens!!!" Woot!!! wait that movie sucked.. Delete that woot please
    Kyleran
  • DalekSupremeDalekSupreme Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited May 2019
    lol

>8P