Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is WoW Classic?

13»

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    WoW 2.
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    gervaise1 said:
    gervaise1 said:
    WoW Classic is an opportunity for Blizzard to make money.
    Holly fudge the level of deduction that was put in this one is astaonding, how do you do it!

Its elementary by dear @Branko2307

If you stop and think about it though the "clamour" for classic WoW has existed for years - and was not just ignored by Blizzard but actively dismissed.

So what has changed? As @Phry says BfA seems to be another expansion that "underperformed". It sold - clearly - but then people left. And Blizzard is seeking a return to the gravy train that was millions of subscribers every month and not simply a  short term blip every 2 years.

Ugh i was being sarcastic.
    gervaise1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    You can sum it up by saying Classic is a version of WoW made for adults before it was infantilized to chase a new market by alienating their old audience.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gervaise1 said:
    Iselin said:
    How was the Warlock back in vanilla days? Back in the early days I only played Paladin and Mage back in 2004 and only got into Warlocks much later in WoTLK and then it became my favorite and most played.
    How to describe them? A pet class combined with dots? Imps being the typical pet - for dps and you kiting (not quite an EQ1 druid but);  or voidwalker to tank plus dots (not quite an EQ1 mage or illusionist).  

Also:
    Corruption back then wasn't a dot though but a "delayed bomb". Huge damage but a delay of something like 20s. I remember being in a group doing Scarlet Monastery (I think) and a cleric asking (ranting) why I had just cast corruption on a boss they had just cast sheep on - they calmed down when I pointed out that it didn't break Sheep (or whatever Sheep was called). From memory the delay before it went off was slightly longer than the duration of Sheep. Sheep wore off, corruption exploded and boss was on half health. ; and then it would go off and take out c. 50% of the boss's hp.

And then there were soul shards. Not a problem ordinarily but for raids - Molten Core needed lots - you had to spend a while beforehand (like 20 minutes) farming them. Saved us in one of the first  (ever not beta) Onyxia raids though - but not Molten Core - even though we had all the servers max level 'locks!

Have to try and remember how it played in e.g. Scholomance - I largely have memories of vivid green though!
    I'm partial to the DOTs'R'us affliction game play over other specs and after some googling it seems the consensus is that afflocks were in a good place in Vanilla... I know what I'm going to play :)
    gervaise1
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• miawanmiawan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    gervaise1 said:
    Iselin said:
    How was the Warlock back in vanilla days? Back in the early days I only played Paladin and Mage back in 2004 and only got into Warlocks much later in WoTLK and then it became my favorite and most played.
    How to describe them? A pet class combined with dots? Imps being the typical pet - for dps and you kiting (not quite an EQ1 druid but);  or voidwalker to tank plus dots (not quite an EQ1 mage or illusionist).  

Also:
    Corruption back then wasn't a dot though but a "delayed bomb". Huge damage but a delay of something like 20s. I remember being in a group doing Scarlet Monastery (I think) and a cleric asking (ranting) why I had just cast corruption on a boss they had just cast sheep on - they calmed down when I pointed out that it didn't break Sheep (or whatever Sheep was called). From memory the delay before it went off was slightly longer than the duration of Sheep. Sheep wore off, corruption exploded and boss was on half health. ; and then it would go off and take out c. 50% of the boss's hp.

And then there were soul shards. Not a problem ordinarily but for raids - Molten Core needed lots - you had to spend a while beforehand (like 20 minutes) farming them. Saved us in one of the first  (ever not beta) Onyxia raids though - but not Molten Core - even though we had all the servers max level 'locks!

Have to try and remember how it played in e.g. Scholomance - I largely have memories of vivid green though!

Corruption was always a Dot. You're think of Curse of Doom which is in classic as well, a different skill that also has a chance to summon a doomguard.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    @Iselin Forgot to mention that affliction warlocks were - probably - the most "fun" spec to play.