Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MOD 16 The End of Neverwinter. Lead Desinger failed..

13»

Comments

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited May 2019
    I haven't played every MMORPG out there, but for a game that is long past launch I don't think I have come across one with more bugs, more bugs that cause bugs and more bugs from past years than Neverwinter.

It's like they never heard of source control. Never heard of testing.

There's some major design flaws as well. Scaling for one is a pitta. Never liked it myself on any MMORPG, it's cheap, tacky, destroys tension and for me inserts a huge wad of loss of realism, oh, yes, those wasps I destroyed at level one in two seconds can now fight my uber level 200 with the 'Archcommanders Sword of Cheese Shoes' for ten minutes now! Go figure. But it doesn't work at all on Neverwinter where lower level dungeons and whatnot are a must.
    Lengthening the battles is fine, but as you sit there using the advanced tactical technique of not *just* 'holding your finger down on the mouse button', but 'holding your finger down on the mouse button for a long time' now you're wondering where's the combo? where's the multiclass AOE overlays? Where's the class synergies? Fighting is just so boring now.
    And companions, nerfed to oblivion. Healers don't heal, fighters don't hit. Augments some use if you are underpowered, but meh.
    Professions/crafting fecked.

Lol. Never forget, 100 currencies IS JUST NOT ENOUGH!

Did I sound bitter? The're just all so incompetent.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,571
    Maurgrim said:
    Sorry to say this for those who enjoy Neverwinter, but I do hope the game shuts down soon because I want a good MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms, a mix between ESO and GW2 with classic dungeon and dragon class system and working alignment system.
    And not run by PWE.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,571
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Sorry to say this for those who enjoy Neverwinter, but I do hope the game shuts down soon because I want a good MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms, a mix between ESO and GW2 with classic dungeon and dragon class system and working alignment system.
    Play DDO and suffer though the bad graphics and Eberron landscape till you are high enough level for Forgotten Realms.
    Tried DDo a few months ago...Wouldn't even let me go anywehre or do anything...Everything was blocked off to the free players and demanded a sub so I left.
    Yeah, game devs are funny that way, they expect to earn money from people who play their games.

Weird.
    If a new AAA MMORPG comes out that interests me that wants to charge me $60-$100 for the box and then $15-$20 a month, I'm cool with that.  However, I'm done with the entire F2P/Cash shop model that has a built in paywall that you have to climb before you can compete.  If that means the genre has passed me by, well I'm cool with that as well.
    This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. You would pay 15 - 20 a month, just to play a game, but don't want things locked behind a pay-wall.. what the .. do you think a sub is, if not as paywall to play the game?
    The real deal is a B2P model. GW2 at launch had it almost perfect. You could buy cosmetic items in the shop and you could turn your in-game gold into the currency for the cash shop. Or you could buy them with real money. But no monthly fee and the game did well. It's just too bad they lost their vision for the game. 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,522
    well if you guys actually wanna talk about it some day, try mentioning some facts.

this reddit post is typical. if you wanna make a statement, do it or don't, if you decide not to, spare us the post.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Maurgrim said:
    Hate to tell you this, but the owner of the IP is likely to sit on it for years if it does shut down... 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,140
    Galadourn said:
    Neverwinter is a perfect example of a missed opportunity; the game would have been fantastic IF it were an actual MMO with open persistent world and IF it had actual AD&D rules...
    OH ya and if it wasn't a FREE TO PLAY.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,681
    An another apology-like post from Foss, with a bit more acknowledgement of their faults in the situation than in his first "apology": https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1248898/the-state-of-neverwinter-may-21-q-a-stream-recap

Even more fixes and tweaks are incoming, with the removal of scaling from solo instances too - but still not from the entire game.
    We'll see, where it ends up at the time of the console launch. Which was postponed, by the way, to give Cryptic a bit more time for fixing things.
    They use PC as their livetest platform...
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,571
    This is really a fine mess.