Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it Time for Guild Wars 3?

1235»

Comments

• AlieniconAlienicon Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Yes, I really didn't like GW2 at all. Played it for a few months when it first came out, tried logging in a few times over the years and just uninstalled within 10 minutes. So I pray they make a GW3 that's worth a crap
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Shout out to the weenie who read this thread and ran over to GW2 forums to "complain" about people discussing GW3 on MMORPG.com.

"ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUTH!".

Yes, GW2 is going to become the new GW1. New manifesto, new renege.

"Guild Wars 3 is our opportunity to question everything, to make a game that defies existing conventions. If you love MMO's you're gonna want to check out GW3. If you hate MMOs you're REALLY gonna want to check out GW3.

Guild Wars 3 takes everything you love about GW2 and puts it into a persistent OPEN WORLD. It's got better action combat a fully branching community story line. An improved randomized event system and still no monthly fees"
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited January 2019
    Shout out to the weenie who read this thread and ran over to GW2 forums to "complain" about people discussing GW3 on MMORPG.com.

"ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUTH!".

Yes, GW2 is going to become the new GW1. New manifesto, new renege.

"Guild Wars 3 is our opportunity to question everything, to make a game that defies existing conventions. If you love MMO's you're gonna want to check out GW3. If you hate MMOs you're REALLY gonna want to check out GW3.

Guild Wars 3 takes everything you love about GW2 and puts it into a persistent OPEN WORLD. It's got better action combat a fully branching community story line. An improved randomized event system and still no monthly fees"
    I've long since learned that if I got mad every time someone on these forums had something bad to say about Guild Wars 2, I'd die of a heart attack by the time I'm 30. 

(But say anything bad about Guild Wars 1 and I'll tell you off :p ).
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Sure! So long as Arenanet doesn't get their grubby hands on it!
    Aeander
    Arterius said:
    I don't know if this is true but this got brought up on the fourms. According to someone on there during a live stream the devs said that they won't make a Guild Wars 3. That Guild Wars 2 was made because Guild Wars 1 wasn't really a true MMO and they were limited by what they could do versus what they wanted to do.

Again not sure how true this is. I don't care enough about Guild Wars 1 or 2 to do research afterward to find out the truth.
    I could see that being the truth. The reason for Guild Wars 2 was engine limitations in GW1. There isn't any actual need for a Guild Wars 3 unless they want to do something mechanically different enough from GW2 to distinguish itself.
    [Deleted User]
  • StrongholdJackStrongholdJack Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Literally give me guild wars 1.... exactly as it was, if they really wanted to then maybe a graphics update, that's it. Maybe I'm weird but the more I play GW2 the more I realize it's not half as good as Guild Wars was.

I have genuinely returned to playing Guild Wars 1 quite regularly and less and less GW2, and it's the game for me.
    Aeander
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    edited May 2019
    make guild war 1 active again, there no other game like it. coop is what make bring peoples together
    gunklacker

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Yes. It is time.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    I'm ready for a GW3, their current formula for GW2 is getting stale. I love the story, want to see it continue going forward but I think they need to take the series to the next level.  I would really love to see them incorporate the WvW-style siege warfare into the greater game rather than being instanced off to the Mists, and make it far more dynamic and interesting than it is. I had such a blast WvW'ing for years, but that also got stale.
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

Scellow said:

Yes to GW3 no to horizontal progression

Well this is because of this kind of comments we had GW2 and not GW1 #2.....

Max level in few hours in Cantha. Then the build(s).

THAT was great.

And who remembers the Droknar runs?
    Aeander
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2019
    If Arena Net cannot produce better numbers by 4th qtr 19 , there may not be any GW at all , NCSCF forced those layoffs because of bad performance , no game( that is not homegrown) stays in the bottom of  NCSCF stable for long ...

Let alone a GW3 , there are 0 plans for that atm
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Well this is a good topic to revisit.

I think the major layoffs at ArenaNet regarding people working on "other projects" were a planned GW3, or at the very least, something along those lines. As it would follow their system of what they did with G1 to G2, which was develop a game, get a high spike, put out some expansions, and while things were still at a high point with a lot of customer loyalty intact, make a new game.

That system would leave them open to experiment with new ideas, try new things and not be afraid of failure as they would not be saddled with the project long term.

But, HoT dealing them a major blow to the trust and good faith with their player base, and now with the layoffs, and all other projects cancelled , they need to revisit their long term model of what they can salvage from the ashes of their mistakes with GW2. 

This should be interesting to watch.. if as nothing else, a cautionary tale.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

To me, the layoffs just scream an abandonment of MMOs, especially in the West, in general. NCSoft's future is unfortunately in mobile, and it's looking like the Guild Wars franchise will be an eventual casualty of that.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Aeander said:
    To me, the layoffs just scream an abandonment of MMOs, especially in the West, in general. NCSoft's future is unfortunately in mobile, and it's looking like the Guild Wars franchise will be an eventual casualty of that.
    There is no truth to this, and the number do not back it up either.

Just to use a very simple sample, Wow after years of decline has near 3 million players still in the west, that means there are no less than 7 million players looking for their next MMO, to see where they are, notice, Dauntless just hit 6 million players on it's first week.

The population of players is there, There are millions of players in the West looking for the next good MMO to hang their hat, the sad reality is, GW2 made a lot of huge mistakes, and their biggest was HoT and it's effort to placate their hardcore player base.

The hardcore player base.. as we have seen from other games like WildStar.. is not there, and not able to keep B2P/Cash Shop games solvent, simply because, as cliche' as this may sound, they have the time to grind out the in-game wealth so they don't spend real world money on the game. In fact that is what moved Anet to change their whole method of cash shop pricing and what they sold, Mike O admitted such openly.

So no.. Anet's layoffs were not some "nature of the beast" it was purely a matter of "mistakes were made" 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2019
    The betting money is on a "Hell No" from ANet on GW3.

Nice necro though.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯