Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to get into it...

2»

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    goboygo said:
    Lonzo said:
    Hi,

maybe you can help me. I tried to get into the game but everytime I play the game, after some hours it doesnt hook me. I like the lore, the grafics and atmosphere, but I cant get into the combat and classes. The classes feel so empty and lifeless. Does this get any better in mid/endgame?
    The problem is that's its an MMO based in the Elder Scrolls universe but it has NONE of the elements of an Elder Scrolls game with the exception of Lore (more or less), so when you play you're reminded at every turn how much its not like an Elder Scrolls game. With the core game play being combat, which is where it misses the mark the most. If it wasn't trying to be an Elder Scrolls game, it could stand on its own, but its impossible. They made an Elder Scrolls game it should play like an Elder Scrolls game.
    Do you mean like a terrible , buggy mess? Combat in the single player ES games has been bad since Oblivion. At least Morrowind had combat that was based on RPG elements and not boring simplicity.

ESO is better in every way IMO.

Exploration , Combat , Quests , Graphics etc. All better.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Eso is like a Bottle of soda..when you drink it, then you are refreshed for a while.
    Then ur left with a empty bottle you can blow in to and make this hallow sound..Thats ESO !

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    SlyLoK said:
    goboygo said:
    Lonzo said:
    Hi,

maybe you can help me. I tried to get into the game but everytime I play the game, after some hours it doesnt hook me. I like the lore, the grafics and atmosphere, but I cant get into the combat and classes. The classes feel so empty and lifeless. Does this get any better in mid/endgame?
    The problem is that's its an MMO based in the Elder Scrolls universe but it has NONE of the elements of an Elder Scrolls game with the exception of Lore (more or less), so when you play you're reminded at every turn how much its not like an Elder Scrolls game. With the core game play being combat, which is where it misses the mark the most. If it wasn't trying to be an Elder Scrolls game, it could stand on its own, but its impossible. They made an Elder Scrolls game it should play like an Elder Scrolls game.
    Do you mean like a terrible , buggy mess? Combat in the single player ES games has been bad since Oblivion. At least Morrowind had combat that was based on RPG elements and not boring simplicity.

ESO is better in every way IMO.

Exploration , Combat , Quests , Graphics etc. All better.
    Better, but combat is still pretty bad with the spamfest no cool-down plus weapon swapping plus animation canceling.  It's boring and flat and basically boils down to how fast you can blow your load.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Why did they even make this stupid weapon swap instead of making 10-12 skill bars or slots rather then the 5-6

Why did they even make this stupid weapon swap instead of making 10-12 skill bars or slots rather then the 5-6
    They have made skills the stat sticks rather than gear.  Good on them for making gear more interesting, but skills are pretty flat/boring.  You never even really use your weapon except to weave light/heavy attacks, just spam skills infinitely.
    Gorwe said:
    goboygo said:
    Lonzo said:
    Hi,

Care to explain what this exactly means? What does it mean for something to "play like a TES game"?
    Honestly I thought it did a phenomenal job of playing like a TES game.  There are more limitations of course, because the world is shared etc but the storylines, the voice acting, the content itself (thieves guild, dark brotherhood etc) is all there.  

People like to think that ES has some completely free-form system of complete freedom which is BS.  There are delves and dungeons and caves just like in ESO that look/feel the same as one another.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    This is the big problem for so many.  They expected something like Skyrim or Elder Scrolls and got well, this.  It was disappointing to some and others really enjoy the game.  I wanted to like this game as I love the Elder Scrolls and its lore but this game was a disappointment to me.  Its something I accepted after giving this game aboutg 7-10 tries over the years.  My guess is your experiencing what so many other have and its probably not going to get better for you if it hasn't by now.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited May 2019
    I have the same problem with ESO. I get into it for a couple of weeks then just get bored of it. To me, the combat is just to lame and boring after awhile. It would be more interesting if the hotbar was bigger for more abilities you could mix/match with. Switching between bars get lame to me.