Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: An Origin Story | 3.5 Ep. 5

2»

Comments

• justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80

JoeBlober said:

Poor backers seem content with an alpha after so long. Almighty Lord Roberts could completely drop this game and the cultists would still agree that he released a game.

But Beta (SQ42) is in 5 quarters not 5 years or never... So you did not yet understood that the big cash involved is coming AFTER release and that current expenses are to create the game(s)? They do incentive to release because it means less development and more cash hence more profit. Think before writing dude.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm wrong. You're a prime example of one of the people I was talking about. You guys have let Roberts pull you along for years now. What was promised at release? Like 100 star systems? With the game "so close to beta" as you say...how many star systems are currently playable? I'll wait.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited May 2019
    Post edited by Vaross on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited May 2019
    Please help, I'm undecided what to play: Final Fantasy XXVIII or Star Citizen Closed Beta?
    I'm undecided what to play... Final Fantasy XXVIII or Star Citizen Open Beta.
    I will play this game on my computer using Intel Core i36!
  • M0nk3ytal3M0nk3ytal3 Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    So many of the same people laughing at the game over and over, wish you link your accounts so we know who you are and perma ban you from ever playing Star Citizen. Reason for the ship update is because they have modular components working with the ships for better gameplay experience, because taking off a wing doesnt auto explode ships in this game because its action combat. Making no loading screen universe is obviously not easy or every game would have it and currently there is too many assets on server for it to run smoothly. So blah blah its not finished yet, that is because they are still putting together the tech to make this possible. This isnt 7 years to make a game its been 7 years to make Sq42 + SC + CI, which not only has the company been growing exponentially since announced but they also went through engine change and scope change. As they say this is game develipment not game building. Give your balls a tug.
    mmolouWalkinGlennErillion
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    So many of the same people laughing at the game over and over, wish you link your accounts so we know who you are and perma ban you from ever playing Star Citizen. Reason for the ship update is because they have modular components working with the ships for better gameplay experience, because taking off a wing doesnt auto explode ships in this game because its action combat. Making no loading screen universe is obviously not easy or every game would have it and currently there is too many assets on server for it to run smoothly. So blah blah its not finished yet, that is because they are still putting together the tech to make this possible. This isnt 7 years to make a game its been 7 years to make Sq42 + SC + CI, which not only has the company been growing exponentially since announced but they also went through engine change and scope change. As they say this is game develipment not game building. Give your balls a tug.
    The time for excuses has already passed.

The best course now is to get as much money from the backers suffering from Sunk Cost Fallacy, as the stream of new backers has slowed down and money has ran out.

I'm sorry you can't control other people's thoughts. It must be hard for you to keep defending this game.

I hope you updated your résumé.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    propaganda, only this
    NorseGod
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Prime example of the cultists getting angry when you speak the truth about their failed investment. Perma ban accounts for having an opinion? If you're talking about tugging balls maybe you should check and see if you have any left.
    NorseGod
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

JoeBlober said:

Chaserz said:

The truth is if Star Citizen put as many financial resources towards core development as they did their fancy JPG ship selling marketing campaigns they'd probably be working on another system by now if not further. Forbes magazine -a very reputable and respected financial source- recently wrote quite a revealing expose on CIG and the state of Star Citizen. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-that-raised-300-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/#79c87ad05ac9

Chaserz said:

The truth is if Star Citizen put as many financial resources towards core development as they did their fancy JPG ship selling marketing campaigns they'd probably be working on another system by now if not further. Forbes magazine -a very reputable and respected financial source- recently wrote quite a revealing expose on CIG and the state of Star Citizen. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-that-raised-300-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/#79c87ad05ac9

Forbes did not write this article and did not endorsed it either. Author are responsible of what they write.

This article have been clearly pinpointed as lazy (to be nice) and click-bait, with author pretending to have spend 7 months on "investigation"... while it is just a copy/paste of years old "drama" and unrelated information about CR's house.

"journalism" as its worst... backers did not jump in this new attempt to create false news: + 1M$ in a couple weeks :)

Keep coming naysayers.

If a publisher publishes an article they are in fact endorsing it . That should be obvious .
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2019
    JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

THE END.

90 days top!? That was the prophecy for sure!... back in 2015 :) Beta (SQ42) in 5 quarters.
    An interesting post. 90 days top was an assumption and was proven wrong. But beta SQ42 in 5 quarters is an assumption too. So right now its kind of worthless. When it is proven wrong however you will be the new “90 days tops” guy mistaking assumptions for facts. And when you are proven right? Well, everybody wins then. So far you really aren’t in a better position to be honest.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolou
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    except there isnt or at least wasnt a single solitary example of anything SQ42 related shown anywhere. Still hasnt been other than showing off the voice acting stuff which they have already paid how much for with a bunch or has beens and wash outs.

As for the 'technical' stuff you mentioned. Yeah we all said it wasnt possible 6 or 7 years ago. It still isnt possible thats why they have to keep claiming they are updating everything every few months. because they throw it in hoping to fool people then when the tech demo is a complete disaster they say 'ok we have to update or fix it'. See stuff like that sort of gets lost these days, but the ORIGINAL reasoning behind why SC would never get made (as pitched) was simply because it wasnt possible to do what Chris Roberts claimed. Fast forward 7 or so years and it STILL isnt possible. Even with 250+ million and rebuilding (allegedly) the game engine several times and even having Amazon make another version Roberts and his crew (which included former makers of the original) couldnt have dreamed of doing.

Remember when Lumberyard was announced? What was that alomst 3 years ago now. Remember how all the fanbois and talking heads said THAT was the answer? And it would fast track everything Roberts was doing? Yeah how is that going now? Its the same feature creep crap thats went on 4 years prior.

While scam and con have been dismissed I have never swayed. I said it was a long con scam from day one. But their delivering is so bad, but somehow still works. They deliver JUST enough (I guess) to keep a few big money simpletons on the hook to help keep them fed.

But I am also still waiting on the (self generated) financials from 2018 to see where they stand now. While the Forbes article is compelling it will be interesting to see how much they admit to losing in 2018. They admitted to having maybe 10 million left after the first 7 years (which means theyre probably in debt 50 million). So nearly 6 months into 2019 I would have thought with their newly claimed 'even more financial transparency' they would have produced a 2018 statement by now. Guess not. 
    NorseGod
  • M0nk3ytal3M0nk3ytal3 Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    rodarin said:
    except there isnt or at least wasnt a single solitary example of anything SQ42 related shown anywhere. Still hasnt been other than showing off the voice acting stuff which they have already paid how much for with a bunch or has beens and wash outs.

As for the 'technical' stuff you mentioned. Yeah we all said it wasnt possible 6 or 7 years ago. It still isnt possible thats why they have to keep claiming they are updating everything every few months. because they throw it in hoping to fool people then when the tech demo is a complete disaster they say 'ok we have to update or fix it'. See stuff like that sort of gets lost these days, but the ORIGINAL reasoning behind why SC would never get made (as pitched) was simply because it wasnt possible to do what Chris Roberts claimed. Fast forward 7 or so years and it STILL isnt possible. Even with 250+ million and rebuilding (allegedly) the game engine several times and even having Amazon make another version Roberts and his crew (which included former makers of the original) couldnt have dreamed of doing.

Remember when Lumberyard was announced? What was that alomst 3 years ago now. Remember how all the fanbois and talking heads said THAT was the answer? And it would fast track everything Roberts was doing? Yeah how is that going now? Its the same feature creep crap thats went on 4 years prior.

While scam and con have been dismissed I have never swayed. I said it was a long con scam from day one. But their delivering is so bad, but somehow still works. They deliver JUST enough (I guess) to keep a few big money simpletons on the hook to help keep them fed.

But I am also still waiting on the (self generated) financials from 2018 to see where they stand now. While the Forbes article is compelling it will be interesting to see how much they admit to losing in 2018. They admitted to having maybe 10 million left after the first 7 years (which means theyre probably in debt 50 million). So nearly 6 months into 2019 I would have thought with their newly claimed 'even more financial transparency' they would have produced a 2018 statement by now. Guess not. 
    Actually they have updates on SQ42 every month just in a newsletter instead of video. Sure ive put money into this, maybe a bit more than a grand and that wasnt an investment thats disposable income. I figured people following this game are late 20 to mid 30. Crying scam doesnt bother most of us as we arent children. Kickstarter funded th3 beginning but they also have investors and bank loans. Sure I am at a point where if this game doesnt come out I really wouldnt mind no big deal as I have played many games since, im not sitting at my comouter with a thumb up my ass. I kickstarted probably 5 projects and they all go the same long development times because no studio is breathing down their neck to make a shotty version ilof their vision that no one ends up playing for long.
    justintbhs