Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harry Potter MMO

Maximus_LacyMaximus_Lacy Member UncommonPosts: 27
I was just browsing around and saw there was actually news of this happening and even a video leak of an MMO in the works a few months back.. could this work??  And would you be interested?  I for one am a huge fan of the HP series, but now sure i can see this being a success.
"The end and object of conquest is to avoid doing the same thing as the conquered." - Alexander III of Macedon

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I would welcome a HP MMO, if it is thought out and done well.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I saw it too and got so excited. Can't wait! Meanwhile it's time to play Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC game, thanks to you. You just reminded me how much I love HP
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The books themselves could be used to create an MMO world, but i don't think the 'hoggwarts' thing is viable, the only way i think it would work is if the player was a newly graduated mage from such an institution rather than just beginning in one.  :)
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    There is a mobile game from Niantic too.  Harry potter wizards unite, but I'm not sure if AR game is your cup of coffee.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Eh, I'm not entirely sure what you guys are even talking about.  I assume you are referring to the video from last October? 
    That's just an RPG.  From all that I've seen/can tell, there's nothing MMO about it.  I don't know why people started labelling it an MMO, as the footage/little bit of known info certainly don't point that way.

The Niantic game is the closest thing I've seen to a HP MMO.  And, well, that's just a lame Pokemon GO-style AR game.
    Phry
  • Maximus_LacyMaximus_Lacy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Lokero said:
    Eh, I'm not entirely sure what you guys are even talking about.  I assume you are referring to the video from last October? 
    That's just an RPG.  From all that I've seen/can tell, there's nothing MMO about it.  I don't know why people started labelling it an MMO, as the footage/little bit of known info certainly don't point that way.

The Niantic game is the closest thing I've seen to a HP MMO.  And, well, that's just a lame Pokemon GO-style AR game.
    I use that video more of a reference to the idea of a Harry Potter MMO..  Whether that actual footage is an MMO or not, I am just wondering whether people think the Wizarding World of Harry Potter could sustain an MMO, that's all.  :)
    "The end and object of conquest is to avoid doing the same thing as the conquered." - Alexander III of Macedon
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I would definitely be interested.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests