Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Team Unveils Economic Nodes - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAshes of Creation Team Unveils Economic Nodes - MMORPG.com

The latest Ashes of Creation blog has been posted, this time detailing Economic Nodes. These particular nodes are designed for those who enjoy "the game of supply and demand" and are a way for players to amass a fortune, earn a reputation and take home some rare goods. Merchants will be looking for a helping hand as the "exploration" phase of the node's development is underway and it behooves a wily millionaire in the making to be those hands.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited May 2019
    I like it. But it's taking too long...
    SwamiOnTheMountain
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Galadourn said:
    Just as a point of reference what do you mean by too long.  From my point of view an MMO in development for less than 5 years is too short.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    This is (by far) the most promising MMO in development out there.
    If they stick to their business model of monthly fee and avoid cash shops, I can see
    a really successful MMO being the home of all the tormented MMO gamers for years to come.
    Lets just wait & hope !
    JamesGoblinMouloxtos85SwamiOnTheMountainTnTizz
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

goboygo said:
    Galadourn said:
    Just as a point of reference what do you mean by too long.  From my point of view an MMO in development for less than 5 years is too short.
    they've fallen behind on their initial schedule, that's why it feels like it's taking too long. Per se, it's normal development time.
  • J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Can't wait to play this game. Very promising.
    JamesGoblin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    J_Jones said:
    Can't wait to play this game. Very promising.
    Don't you worry, you'll be waiting quite some time before getting to play this game. 

Probably still time to get your college degree or do a four year enlistment before it releases.

:D
    JamesGoblinSwamiOnTheMountain[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2019
    goboygo said:
    Galadourn said:
    You know this, but apparently almost every indie game developer doesn't, considering they all promised their backers a much shorter timeframe yet have missed their deadlines by factors of 2, 3 or 4 times over.

So, the obvious conclusions are either they are totally clueless on how to deliver on their designs or are a bunch o' lying arse mfkrs.....

As Starlord would say, probably "a little bit of both"

:D

JamesGoblin[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Galadourn said:
    goboygo said:
    Galadourn said:
    they've fallen behind on their initial schedule, that's why it feels like it's taking too long. Per se, it's normal development time.
    But creating a Battle Royale (and store) was going to speed production or at least have no impact. How can they be behind?
    JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jegexjegex Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Erevus said:

avoid cash shops

too late
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I criticize Crowfall often-ish, but I will say at least when they are talking about the game they've provided actual game footage as examples. Has this team really not reached a point yet to do the same since their demo back in 2016? People want to see actual interactions.
    JamesGoblinWizbuizSwamiOnTheMountain
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    jegex said:

Erevus said:

avoid cash shops

too late
    Welcome to our Forums! :)
    JamesGoblin
    Galadourn said:
    goboygo said:
    Galadourn said:
    But creating a Battle Royale (and store) was going to speed production or at least have no impact. How can they be behind?
    Battle Royale was supposed to provide feedback and serve as a testbed for tweaking combat, siege mechanics (iirc) and other stuff. It was never meant to speed up production.
    Slapshot1188TnTizz
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

Galadourn said:

Galadourn said:

goboygo said:

Galadourn said:

Battle Royale was supposed to provide feedback and serve as a testbed for tweaking combat, siege mechanics (iirc) and other stuff. It was never meant to speed up production.

I disagree, i think they wanted to jump the Battleroyal Bandwagon and earn extra. Nothing wrong with that, but their explanation for it was pretty lame
    Slapshot1188
  • Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Intresting type of nodes, this system looks kinda cool.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Eldrach said:

Galadourn said:

Galadourn said:

goboygo said:

Galadourn said:

I disagree, i think they wanted to jump the Battleroyal Bandwagon and earn extra. Nothing wrong with that, but their explanation for it was pretty lame
    Of course they did :) 
    I do not think anybody believes the actual company line. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018