Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia to Wave Farewell to Gender Locked Classes & Preps for Closed Beta - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAstellia to Wave Farewell to Gender Locked Classes & Preps for Closed Beta - MMORPG.com

Those who pre-order a Legendary edition of Astellia will receive guaranteed access to the first closed beta event currently slated for June 25th through July 1st. According to Project Lead Wes Conner, ehe Astellia team understands how important it is to bring a game to a new region with clear signs that it has been "renovated" for its audience. He believes that Astellia is adequately prepared for Western players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Congrats on getting with the times and not being cheap? Still doesn't make it less of a cash grab but at least they are trying harder than Neowiz (Mystic still in the first half of 2019, right Neowiz?!?!?!).
    OyjordLastlaughlolinfomatzRoin
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99

Albatroes said:

Congrats on getting with the times and not being cheap? Still doesn't make it less of a cash grab but at least they are trying harder than Neowiz (Mystic still in the first half of 2019, right Neowiz?!?!?!).

Feels like they knew it was over after the first two months.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2019
    Albatroes said:

Or just maybe they are trying earnestly to make a game that appeals to western players? 

Honestly, the endless cynicism is exhausting.
    MikehaChildoftheShadows[Deleted User]Tokkensarah116wingoodNanfoodleHatefullGroqstrongNyteWytchand 5 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

Or just maybe they are trying earnestly to make a game that appeals to western players? 

Honestly, the endless cynicism is exhausting.

You seriously believe that....?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @DMKano Agreed. The jury's out on how well these things will pan out with western players, but I give them a lot of credit for trying. 
    HatefullScottJeslis

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Hate when game companies do pay to play in beta tests... That actually makes no sense. If you want a game to do well in another country the first thing is allow anyone to test your game.
    A beta should never be held behind a paywall.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Most game developers are trying to make good games.  They may fail due to a lack of funding, lack of competence, ideas that seemed good on paper but just didn't work as implemented, or a lot of other things.  But apart from a relative handful of outright scams, asset flips, or attempts at cheaply monetizing a non-gaming IP, they don't fail because they're not trying to make a good game.
    SBFordwingoodConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Sovrath
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Sign me up.
    SBFord
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I don't know why people hate gender/race locked classes so much, I think it adds to the game or at least to the lore.
  • gmn17gmn17 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'm getting the legendary pack
    Mikeha
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited May 2019
    TERA v2? Aion v2? Blade & Soul v2? Generic KRPG v2? Watching the video of this game made me question why companies bother developing MMORPGs anymore.
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138

nomadie said:

Hate when game companies do pay to play in beta tests... That actually makes no sense. If you want a game to do well in another country the first thing is allow anyone to test your game.

They are just marketing betas at this point, to bring attention to their game and rarely to test anything, mostly to make a soft launch and if something is broken they can always use the 'is a beta' excuse.

And if you hate it now, brace yourself because western gaming publishers are taking notes from this tactics, *cough EA *cough, to use them in full force on their future games releases, so you can have the privilage to pay them to test their game.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    If that trailer was in game engine then it looks graphically better then A:IR.
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Sabrac said:

nomadie said:

They are just marketing betas at this point, to bring attention to their game and rarely to test anything, mostly to make a soft launch and if something is broken they can always use the 'is a beta' excuse.

And if you hate it now, brace yourself because western gaming publishers are taking notes from this tactics, *cough EA *cough, to use them in full force on their future games releases, so you can have the privilage to pay them to test their game.

The official game launch is not until September of 2019. They are doing a couple of Closed beta tests first before then. I'm sure they are going to fine tune stuff before launch. We shall see.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Shame the game looks and plays super generically

i have had a much more positive experience playing AiR, but who knows maybe they will suprise us

DMKano said:

DAOWAce said:

TERA v2? Aion v2? Blade & Soul v2? Generic KRPG v2?

Watching the video of this game made me question why companies bother developing MMORPGs anymore.

Nowhere close to Tera or Aion quality. Blade and soul - not even close.

This is a C tier game at best - but dont take my word for it - you will find out yourself after you play it first hand.

agreed.. i played one of the versions with an english patch... i feel like nothing they can really do is going to make it more enjoyable... it's suuuuuuper generic and honestly boring.

and the graphics aren't even good. if you're gonna make a generic game, at least make it look pretty
    [Deleted User]

i can tell you for a fact, AiR is way more graphically impressive and actually runs real well too been playing it a bit on the Thai beta.
    DMKano said:
    mbrodie said:

DMKano said:

DAOWAce said:

TERA v2? Aion v2? Blade & Soul v2? Generic KRPG v2?

Watching the video of this game made me question why companies bother developing MMORPGs anymore.

Nowhere close to Tera or Aion quality. Blade and soul - not even close.

This is a C tier game at best - but dont take my word for it - you will find out yourself after you play it first hand.

agreed.. i played one of the versions with an english patch... i feel like nothing they can really do is going to make it more enjoyable... it's suuuuuuper generic and honestly boring.

and the graphics aren't even good. if you're gonna make a generic game, at least make it look pretty
    yep - it was probably the worst questing I've ever seen in a MMO. 

Combat was beyond boring (played a healer).

It's unreal engine 3 game - so the graphics aren't going to be all that.
    you know it's funny you mention it being unreal 3 - AiR is also unreal 3 but it looks great graphically... i feel like bluehole learned a lot from making TERA and put it to work in AiR, the new combat system is fairly fluid on most classes needs a bit of refinement on others... but the game looks really good and performs fantastic also, which suprised me because again unreal 3

But yeah, i will probably give this one a miss to be honest.
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    b2p oki, bye. Won't fell for another cash grab.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    isn't this a little obvious? they are destined to be F2P soon. just like any other MMO that has been released in the past 3 years or so

So What Now?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Nice step in the right direction.
    Catibrie
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

mbrodie said:

i can tell you for a fact, AiR is way more graphically impressive and actually runs real well too been playing it a bit on the Thai beta.

ya im playing A:IR right now looks ok but does run great even pinging to Thailand.
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    What about non-loli mage ?
  • nopal3ddnopal3dd Member UncommonPosts: 4

DMKano said:

That is a CGI trailer with high end rendered assets - there are CGI cutscene in  game as well

This is an actual gameplay video

that trailers is not cgi its ingame rendered
    Mikehambrodie