Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 sales in 15 months, 0 maps in 6 months, LOL

124»

Comments

  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member UncommonPosts: 502
    bcbully said:

    I believe it’s been established that slapsot gets his information from the general forums and does not have access to the paid forums were videos and detailed information is released. 


    Has it?
    What I have said in the past is:  I have never signed an NDA with SBS. I have indirect access to the information I post about.

    Does the source really matter though?  I'll put my track record up against Caspien any day.  And he theoretically has the whole picture. 

    Just judge results.  If I say something that proves untrue, call me on it.  If Caspien says something that proves untrue... call HIM on it.


    Actually I find that nearly all your posts has the source documented. Not once in my post did I say your information was from the paid forums.
    This is someone trying to out your information down without reading what's written.

    Don't get me wrong I don't always agree with your interpretation but your sourcing is usually spot on and includes information I miss (mainly because I can't be arsed to go through the discord search to hunt dev posts.)
    Slapshot1188
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,022
    Wizardry said:
    Some of the legends of gaming are scoffed at,ignored and  basically DONE,>>Lord British ,Smedley,several Blizzard execs getting out,changes even within the giant Blizz/Acti because things are not good and the proof is in closures,selloffs,Trion,Soe,changes at BlizActi,there is a lot of in your face obvious changes in this industry,you would have to be living under a rock to not see them.
    Do not take this the wrong way, but I often wonder if we are discussing the same topic...

    You're not the only one.  Although I do hope he takes it the wrong way.
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,840
    Kyleran said:
    Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Gamers.. the only demographic that will act like total raging asshats to people and wonder why they don't want to talk with them anymore.
    And people wonder why I don't enjoy playing games with others very much these days...(outside of friends of course)


    The number of guilds I have quit in the last five years insane. Its funny when they ask why and I have tell them that I don't care for hate speech, people talking s**t about others, etc...

    I get enough of it in the real world. Don't need it when I am trying to relax
    The number of guilds I have quit in the last decade is zero.

    Measure twice cut once as they say.


    So with nothing to compare to you don't know if you are in a good guild or not eh?

    Many people in North Korea believe they live in the greatest nation on earth....

    ;)
    I am wagering like me, he has a static, a small circle of people he runs with. But at the same time, since I try out new and different games, I end up joining dozens of guilds, often, with me leaving the game, but kinda forgetting to leave the guild, so, technically I never quit them, they most likely saw I had not logged on in a month or so and cleaned their roster.

    Equally so, if I saw a name from that guild that I recognized, in another game, I'd run with them there, nothing against most people, which to be honest, when you have a static, it functions like a bubble, in the fact that you don't need to deal with anyone.

    Which kinda explains how he could not handle me giving him some minimal chiding, and blocked me, while he is going whole hog bashing on Caspian and then making a fuss that Caspian finds that crap annoying.

    Pots and kettles in that case, IMHO.
    AnOldFart
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,366
    Work in progress image posted in Discord:



    Serpentius?Today at 7:31 PM

    Dont forget that image is a WIP so keep that in mind 

    DerryFHAnOldFart

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    Google random map generator...


    Just LOL

    Slapshot1188DerryFH

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,834
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Gamers.. the only demographic that will act like total raging asshats to people and wonder why they don't want to talk with them anymore.
    And people wonder why I don't enjoy playing games with others very much these days...(outside of friends of course)


    The number of guilds I have quit in the last five years insane. Its funny when they ask why and I have tell them that I don't care for hate speech, people talking s**t about others, etc...

    I get enough of it in the real world. Don't need it when I am trying to relax
    The number of guilds I have quit in the last decade is zero.

    Measure twice cut once as they say.


    So with nothing to compare to you don't know if you are in a good guild or not eh?

    Many people in North Korea believe they live in the greatest nation on earth....

    ;)
    I am wagering like me, he has a static, a small circle of people he runs with. But at the same time, since I try out new and different games, I end up joining dozens of guilds, often, with me leaving the game, but kinda forgetting to leave the guild, so, technically I never quit them, they most likely saw I had not logged on in a month or so and cleaned their roster.

    Equally so, if I saw a name from that guild that I recognized, in another game, I'd run with them there, nothing against most people, which to be honest, when you have a static, it functions like a bubble, in the fact that you don't need to deal with anyone.

    Which kinda explains how he could not handle me giving him some minimal chiding, and blocked me, while he is going whole hog bashing on Caspian and then making a fuss that Caspian finds that crap annoying.

    Pots and kettles in that case, IMHO.
    I'm so bad. Today I received an email from an old WOW guild I apparantly once belonged to, but am still struggling to remember who they were, which server, and realm.

    The number of guilds, clans, statics, and corps I've been a member of are legion.

    ;)


    Ungood

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 251
    edited May 2019
    Work in progress image posted in Discord:



    Serpentius?Today at 7:31 PM

    Dont forget that image is a WIP so keep that in mind 

    Who would have thought I need to look up Serpentius on discord to find info as well. While I never found this post, really couldn't be bothered scrolling back so many pages to try find it. I only have one thought about it. Looks like something a kid made in paint. 

    While searching for this post. The amount of time Serpentius has said "Thanks for the feedback" "Noted" "We hear you". He must have each one macro to his keyboard. I would have thought people overall would be not caring anymore, about when DSS finally starts. Well not caring as much. But seems removing the dates was a very short term fix. Or maybe SBS saying over and over "it will only be a few more days" have finally snapped people.

    Also looks like even Serpentius is getting slowly sick of people repeating the same complaint over and over. Trying to silent people a few times. Which really, trying to hide the problem, doesn't make the problem go away.
    Gdemami
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3





    I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    KyleranSlapshot1188ScotDakeru

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,834
    Nilden said:
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3





    I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    Oh my, think of the mayhem one could cause by posting this on the COE forums as a "secretly" leaked map from the ivory tower forums.

    Probably cause the fall of several kingdoms in the first day.

    :D

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,366
    Kyleran said:
    Nilden said:
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3





    I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    Oh my, think of the mayhem one could cause by posting this on the COE forums as a "secretly" leaked map from the ivory tower forums.

    Probably cause the fall of several kingdoms in the first day.

    :D
    Well the outlines of the maps have been known for a long time.  Remember the big “Map Selection” event from last year?  The pic I linked showed the breakdown of the areas that players can claim on those maps.
    Gdemami

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Nilden said:
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3





    I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    Don't talk such lies, you must have been working on this for months. Talking like it's so simple to create a map!

    But seriously, I have heard I will be able to view the CoE map in VR. 
    KyleranAnOldFart
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    Actually the whole thing took me about 4-5 hours. Campaign Cartographer 3 comes with all the assets and is easy to use. The dominions map converter to get it in the game is pretty good too. I still had to go in and manually set all the connections and check all 108 land and 85 sea provinces to make sure everything worked in the game. The map is way larger in the actual game and very zoomed out in this image.

    Personally I would have had the maps done before the kickstarter. Pretty laughable.

    Also I like maps, if you do too, check out the software I used.


    GdemamiSlapshot1188KyleranTorrsk

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,382
    Nilden said:
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3





    I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    By hand maps are better than randomly generated. If CoE think they can invent a software tool to generate maps better than a person they need to think again. Unless they think they are inventing an AI, because that's what it will take. :)
    GdemamiAnOldFart

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,840
    Scot said:
    By hand maps are better than randomly generated. If CoE think they can invent a software tool to generate maps better than a person they need to think again. Unless they think they are inventing an AI, because that's what it will take. :)
    Trove uses randomly generated maps, that involved, at my last count, 6 unique biodomes with all with their own unique mobs, harvesting nodes (both above and below ground) 2 different tiers of dungeons (Keeps and Castles), random chances at Dragons and other large scale world bosses, and at least 3 of them have their own unique kind of liquid. 

    As such, this is not some new "break out" technology to generate random world maps on the fly, nor would it take some super AI to pull it off, as Trove has been doing exactly this idea, for the last 3 years.
    GdemamiAnOldFartScot
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Someone should make a game about hookers and drugs with real aging and death.  Something fearless in design that embraces the character's ability to impact other characters....Maybe launch a Kickstarter....

    Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box


  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    jonp200 said:
    Someone should make a game about hookers and drugs with real aging and death.  Something fearless in design that embraces the character's ability to impact other characters....Maybe launch a Kickstarter....
    Then three years in after taking everyones money in a cash shop with no game even close to anything resembling a release put out a map of the crime "Kings" selection for the city districts that looks like this...

    Image result for checker random colors

    Slapshot1188AnOldFart

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



Sign In or Register to comment.