Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online - Invasion Cinematic Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageEVE Online - Invasion Cinematic Trailer - MMORPG.com

With the looming release of EVE Online's next content expansion, Invasion, CCP Games is treating fans to a new cinematic trailer. In Invasion, players will see the "fearsome Triglavian forces" come into known space for the first time ever.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Making a trailer from player's POV … that was nice :)
    GdemamidoomexKlikae
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 476

BobVa said:

Making a trailer from player's POV … that was nice :)

How was that a player pov? Where was the UI?
    Klikae
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Is it even worth starting up as a F2P player in this game? I've tried the two week trial multiple times over the years and bounced off, but am always intrigued by having a game that levels and sort of plays itself in the background when I'm busy, or can be played pretty passively if needed over large stretches of time.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 476
    edited May 2019

EMoney said:

Is it even worth starting up as a F2P player in this game? I've tried the two week trial multiple times over the years and bounced off, but am always intrigued by having a game that levels and sort of plays itself in the background when I'm busy, or can be played pretty passively if needed over large stretches of time.

There are no changes to this game for new players/casual players/low skilled players. Same old mining, same old missions, same old weak sauce high sec content, same experience. Just prettier looking visuals.
    Harikengastovski1doomexKlikaeLeiHngWeiNextrix
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    "expansion trailer"

What exactly did they expand - besides boredom?
    RoinHarikendoomexLeiHngWeiKlikae

Thank you for your time!

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    It took me 13 years to burn out on EVE.

That is not a critique of the game...
    foppotee
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

EMoney said:

am always intrigued by having a game that levels and sort of plays itself

Try retail WoW...
    itchmon
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Played this years ago when Earth & Beyond shutdown because my guild went over there. I will never forget how badly former E&B players were treated by that asshat community. I left after a few months and never will go back. 
    foppoteeGdemamiAgent_JosephLeiHngWei
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

hfztt said:

It took me six months to burn out + six years to wait for "space legs" which they've never delivered. Hopefully, their new owner will able to hire a management which wasn't inbred on a small island during hundreds of years.

Thank you for your time!

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Hariken said:
    Played this years ago when Earth & Beyond shutdown because my guild went over there. I will never forget how badly former E&B players were treated by that asshat community. I left after a few months and never will go back. 
    I wonder what changes to EVE you guys demanded before you were kicked out of the community. The world may never know.
    SandmanjwAgent_JosephLeiHngWei
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited May 2019
    3dom said:

hfztt said:

It took me six months to burn out + six years to wait for "space legs" which they've never delivered. Hopefully, their new owner will able to hire a management which wasn't inbred on a small island during hundreds of years.
    What a hateful, ill-informed comment.

They did provide "space legs" in an attempt to integrate two games (Dust 514). Was dumb to go console, but that doesn't have anything to do with any lack of intellectual ability to create. I'm sure if we looked up "IQ by nation" theirs ranks higher than yours.

The descendants of those "inbreds" landed on the moon and provided everything in between that you enjoy and take for granted in your daily life. You could only wish you could think of a better people that has contributed to the world in such a way. Some don't even come close. The rest, have contributed nothing to the world at all. Be grateful that such people existed.

You're welcome.
    GdemamiWalkinGlenn
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102

EMoney said:

There are no changes to this game for new players/casual players/low skilled players. Same old mining, same old missions, same old weak sauce high sec content, same experience. Just prettier looking visuals.

This comes from ignorance as many things have changed for the new player. More things to do and an expanded list of skills and levels of skills to use. I never rely on other peoples opinions on games I suggest you dont as so many people just dont get it.

Eve is alsoa sandbox game - you decide what to do, where to go and the extent of your content. That being said there is some old "quests" aka missions that are still there. They are moving towards making more content available for those types of players as well.

Overall, if you dont like living in a sandbox to make your own content and prefer to live a life on the rails of quest grinding go for it, but do so in a different game as Eve is not that.
    Agent_Joseph
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2019
    Production value>>>lmao very weak.

An invasion type event would be cool but the idea of flying around in fog,seeing very little would not be fun.
    IDk it is just the idea of ships in cheap looking boring space that doesn't seem fun at all.For me all the fun would have to be on ground ,unless they can step up their production skills on creating events and real action sequences.That was just a mess of generated ships that really amounted to nothing.

What do they plan on doing with the game,you can only fly around the same space textures for so long before bored out of your mind.They need to create more of a game world,several game worlds,races,cultures,different technology within those races/cultures,making space travel meaningful and unique...interesting.

See space,see ship,zoom in ...zoom out,how long can that be fun?
    Agent_Joseph

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

NorseGod said:

Hariken said:

I wonder what changes to EVE you guys demanded before you were kicked out of the community. The world may never know.

Yeah it was people like you that drove us away. But thats OK you can stay in your little game and treat people like crap. Your reply proves everything i said. We weren't demanding anything special but we got accused of it by people like you. From day one we were treated like dirt. We couldn't even ask for help or get a question answered without people like you insulting us.
    SandmanjwGdemamiAgent_JosephRoinLeiHngWei
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited May 2019
    This update to Microsoft Excel has changed a lot.. wait did this come from corporate or just finance playing a joke? 

I'm going to report this to HR
    LeiHngWei
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    KlikaePhry
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2019
    wtf... why have they even BEEN on that pocket with those ships? what did they epxect to encounter in there? lots of T1 ships?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

edited May 2019
    Hariken said:

NorseGod said:

Hariken said:

Yeah it was people like you that drove us away. But thats OK you can stay in your little game and treat people like crap. Your reply proves everything i said. We weren't demanding anything special but we got accused of it by people like you. From day one we were treated like dirt. We couldn't even ask for help or get a question answered without people like you insulting us.
    You're being unreasonable and selfish.

Let me give you my point of view on this issue.

EVE players are not dumb. They see what content locusts and casuals have done to the rest of the genre and are very protective.

>Content locusts and casuals move in, demand changes to make the game easier, pointless, and unfulfilling.

>The studio jumps at their demands because "reasons".

>Content locusts and casuals leave within a month, leaving the rest of us with a shittier game that we never asked for.

>The rest of the players leave because it's not the same game anymore. No reward, risk, thought, effort.

>Move on to the next game and repeat.

You're mad at the EVE community because they/we didn't let you do that to EVE? lol

I don't even play EVE anymore. I simply do not have the time to play it the way I want to play it.

Did I get on the forums and make demands to make it easier because "It's not fair that people putting in more time than me have more money and assets than someone who doesn't put in the time"? No.

I left out of respect for the community and the game.

You're not entitled to play every game ever made. Cope.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Gawd, if CCP Games would only make a VR game that looked that good.

Just got my Oculus S so i'm looking for a good VR space game to go along with DCS.
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Can confirm...we frequently bring the wrong ammo.

...some of us (totally not me!) forget to even bring ammo.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    i actually enjoyed that trailer. But then I've enjoyed most EVE trailers.
    NorseGod
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Nice one.

Have fun
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39

nyxium said:

i actually enjoyed that trailer. But then I've enjoyed most EVE trailers.

But bad thing about these trailers is that they absolutely do not represent the game. They build up expectations of something that this game is not, does not provide, and when the player exited about all this cinematic comes and starts the actual game he often feels cheated and scammed... I know several people whose reaction was exactly like this - huge excitement about trailer and disappointment in game. These trailers attract the wrong category of players - those who prioritize visuals against all other content. And as soon as they see that visuals are not essential part of the game - they bail. And on other hand those who might have been interested in EvE for its real content never have been presented real trailer which would excite and attract them - it's just bit more complicated to show in a trailer than a boom-bang action :-)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    klash2def said:
    I mean come on.. this is Eve we are talking about, its EXCEL support! :p
    klash2defRanyr
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Kirtis said:

But bad thing about these trailers is that they absolutely do not represent the game. They build up expectations of something that this game is not, does not provide, and when the player exited about all this cinematic comes and starts the actual game he often feels cheated and scammed... I know several people whose reaction was exactly like this - huge excitement about trailer and disappointment in game. These trailers attract the wrong category of players - those who prioritize visuals against all other content. And as soon as they see that visuals are not essential part of the game - they bail. And on other hand those who might have been interested in EvE for its real content never have been presented real trailer which would excite and attract them - it's just bit more complicated to show in a trailer than a boom-bang action :-)
    These players COULD have watched one of the tenthousand EVE in game videos on YouTube.

If they bail because they are incapable of informing themselves properly, they deserve the disappointment. As you can pay EVE for free they have not even lost money.

Have fun