Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA 7th Anniversary Interview: A Look Back & a Peek at the Future - MMORPG.com

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

imageTERA 7th Anniversary Interview: A Look Back & a Peek at the Future - MMORPG.com

TERA has come full circle as a successful MMO with a fantastic seven-year run. Now as the game celebrates seven years we get some insight into the success and also the roadmap for the future. We spoke to Patrick ‘Atmorph’ Mathieu about everything TERA this week.

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Tl;dr - more of the same, give us money until next year when we say the same thing.

I mean, there's honestly nothing wrong with the game, but there's nothing amazing about it either and maybe that's enough for some people. I feel like the game just does enough and they feel if not enough people are complaining (like elins being every class in the game, while having 2 exclusive classes) then its 'fine.'
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited May 2019
    Not one mention of lore or story in a seven year review (it does have them I have played TERA), unfortunately the sort of priority that's important to TERA is summed up in the last picture, looking like a muppet.
    onelesslightGentrifried_Chicken
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Albatroes said:

Tl;dr - more of the same, give us money until next year when we say the same thing.

I mean, there's honestly nothing wrong with the game, but there's nothing amazing about it either and maybe that's enough for some people. I feel like the game just does enough and they feel if not enough people are complaining (like elins being every class in the game, while having 2 exclusive classes) then its 'fine.'

I've had the best time in Tera fighting BAMS. That's what it does that's amazing. Unfortunately it took a weird turn and got very kitschy.
    gunklacker
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    TERA is dying. But it's cute to see that they don't give up
    Hyperpsycrow
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154
    If you have a Furry fetish, play TERA. Otherwise, play a different AAA MMO for the same things.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Would love a TERA 2 where they keep the combat and revamp literally everything else.
    itchmonxDjevik
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sovrath said:

Albatroes said:

I've had the best time in Tera fighting BAMS. That's what it does that's amazing. Unfortunately it took a weird turn and got very kitschy.
    BAMs is what it USED to do amazingly; however, that's greatly changed over the years to the point that you can pretty much just 1-2 some that are a few levels above you while leveling. Current game, its just meh across the board.
    onelesslightGentrifried_Chicken
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Game is trash now
    Hyperpsycrow
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Outlaw Declaration(Flag PvP) used to start at level 11. If you were on a PvP server and ganking was an issue, you simply switched channels. You joined a good guild and got help. Called out in area chat. But that wasn't enough apparently. So they made it level 65 minimum.........on a PVP SERVER. I'm not gonna say getting ganked is fun. But it definitely made it challenging. And I welcomed it. I fought back as much as I could. I got better. Smarter. And I made my way to 60. Some of my fondest memories was looking across the bridge in Lumbertown at all the hungry PvPers on the other side just waiting for you to step off that bridge. And me trying to be stealthy by sneaking off to the side. The PvP is what made the combat so great. No TAB target BS. I'm not a very big PvP person. But I was all about it in Tera. Then they ruined the PvP servers. And I left. As long as they continue to not bring back the old system, I won't be logging in again.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    It would seem Tera had taken a bad turn, THEY added DUMBASS twitch integration and other just as dumb social media junk. Any company WANT more drama and more toxic things to spill over into Tera then here they go, thats is what exactly what they are doing. If any game need a social media to stay relevant then you know your game dev is not doing anything new.

What Tera really need is skills customization to make your char truly yours, or if they feel like innovating they could revamp each gear piece to have a random unique skill(s) build into the gear, this way it could make gear drop FAR more rewarding/interesting than any game have gone. Or maybe a hybrid dual class setup which allow some interesting combination to farther make even more unique char classes. Think about it a lancer summoner o_O thats new, or a gunner/healer class combo which dmg the mob and heal your allies, and the list of interesting build goes on.

The share size of cool new things to add to Tera is almost unlimited if only they hit me up, so in closing its better to stay away from social media if they value peace in the community.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    This game is full of trash..its like a parade of bad dressing
    Scot

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You know,everyone understands "the business"of running a website.There is still a way to conduct interviews to make them interesting AND informative,instead we often get meaningless dribble and some baited ass kissing questions.
    Whom are these articles for?US the readers or to butter up business relations,because if they are meant for the readers here,these are done very poorly.If it is to butter up relations,well then send them the article to read and give us something good to read,something that looks like gaming people that know what they are talking about.

Examples?
    What do you think of your combat and class designs,how could you improve them?
    Do you think gamer's are just tired of boring fetch me errand quests and how can we improve questing,what is TERA doing to improve the genre?
    The true rpg gamer's want real immersion,is TERA going to improve the area of immersion?
    survival games seem to be able to deliver in certain areas rpg's are not,can TERA improve to deliver a more realistic rpg setting similar to survival games?
    If they find the questions too loaded,too tough to answer without looking bad,then WHY is this site supporting them and giving us news on a sub par developer?
    With a lot of help from the media,we can IMPROVE this genre but if all the media sites are just ass kissing each other,what is that doing for the genre?>>>NOTHING.
    Nobody around here CARES about the state of mmorpg's,does nobody want to see them improve or at least deliver what they are CAPABLE of delivering with loads of technology and tools at their disposal?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited May 2019
    Another question which i wanted an answer for:

Why is the game running like absolute garbage on the current pc hardware and still can't utilize more than 1gb vram aswell as 1 core? And will you make changes to that in the future?

Playing above 1080p is litteraly playing lottery if you can stay longer than 10 minutes in a town.
    Post edited by nfacatrius on
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Neat info, but good grief.. Do you think that could have seemed any more pre-scripted? Reads more like an extended advertisement than an interview.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

black9ice said:

If you have a Furry fetish, play TERA. Otherwise, play a different AAA MMO for the same things.

What AAA MMO does what TERA does with the combat system?
    Wraithone
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    TERA transformed from a unique experience to a generic one, where the difficulty plummeted lower than our housing market during the recession. The only remaining thing I like from TERA which I learned how to play was the Elin Theme.