Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Job Actions Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Job Actions Trailer - MMORPG.com

When Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers launches next month, it will come packed with new and updated actions for all seventeen jobs. This number includes the new Gunbreaker and Dancer jobs as well. The video is a whopping 14-minutes long and gives every job a thorough look.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2019
    I always loved the animation in Final Fantasy. Liked Ninja and Red Mage a lot.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    For my its ast, drk, drn and sch.

I will lvl a drk or ast at launch.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Casualbringers LUL

Press F for tanks.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    More like VieraBringers...
    Finally! ^_^
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    after watching that trailer, i now need a turn by turn FF mmo, now!
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    The Red Mage and Machinist are pretty sweet. Was kinda disapointed in the Summoner, probably because I've always loved FF Summoners and this one was kinda bland.
    But what was up with that Bard?! Started out with some kinda akward, tweeny, jig-something and then took out a bow and starts wrecking. I don't even...

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    SQ will make an insane amount of money selling Phials of Fantasia.
    [Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    When is the official date for the expansion?
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Ugh, Dancer, the one class I wanted to play the most back when it first launched.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    I am so stoked, I can't wait. I play PLD, but I may just have to finish leveling DRK. That doppleganger skill looks sick.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

The Red Mage and Machinist are pretty sweet. Was kinda disapointed in the Summoner, probably because I've always loved FF Summoners and this one was kinda bland.

But what was up with that Bard?! Started out with some kinda akward, tweeny, jig-something and then took out a bow and starts wrecking. I don't even...

they are song stances , and each stance changes the gameplay somehow , the 1 one makes the 2 dots proc a instant skill , other u gain charges to unleash on spell , and last one make u attack faster

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

hikaru77 said:

Ha, I still have mine from ages back.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    nice
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    lol... "which one caught my eyes"....ALL OF THEM! :O

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    You know, I used to play the hell out of FFXIV but looking at these job actions the insane bloom effects just seem like too much.  Imagine all of that happening during a raid, how the hell can you make anything out?  If you have to turn everything off to be able to function....maybe your effects need some work?
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

hikaru77 said:

You get one per expansion for free I believe. I have two atm, and with the new expansion I will get a third.
    You know, I used to play the hell out of FFXIV but looking at these job actions the insane bloom effects just seem like too much.  Imagine all of that happening during a raid, how the hell can you make anything out?  If you have to turn everything off to be able to function....maybe your effects need some work?
    An option exists to disable completely or show only minimal effects of your character or of your team. Putting minimal effects on others and leaving yours on full is usually fine.
    Xasapis said:

hikaru77 said:

You get one per expansion for free I believe. I have two atm, and with the new expansion I will get a third.
    An option exists to disable completely or show only minimal effects of your character or of your team. Putting minimal effects on others and leaving yours on full is usually fine.
    Again, if I have to disable effects to play then that means they need to be fixed.  
    unfilteredJW
    Xasapis said:

hikaru77 said:

Again, if I have to disable effects to play then that means they need to be fixed.  
    Perhaps, but the "problem" is specific in raids and melee classes. It's fine for every other kind of content. I'm under the impression that other mmorpgs merely do it automatically.
    Xasapis said:
    Xasapis said:

hikaru77 said:

Perhaps, but the "problem" is specific in raids and melee classes. It's fine for every other kind of content. I'm under the impression that other mmorpgs merely do it automatically.
    Other MMOs don't have effects that take up the entire screen for each class, that's the problem.  They're intrusive and annoying.  

They look cool for the person playing that class, but they just get in everyone else's way.  You can do cool skills/spells without them taking up the entire battlefield E.G. Holy.
    unfilteredJW
    Ppiper said:
    Can you start a new char with this expansion or do you have to complete the original content first?
    Expansion is 70 to 80 content pretty much.
    Ppiper said:
    Can you start a new char with this expansion or do you have to complete the original content first?
    Gotta play through the thousands of fetch quests before it.  Some are good, most are awful.  If you are brand new you would be playing probably for approx. 1.5-2 months depending on your grind level to get to the new content.  
    Ppiper said:
    Gotta play through the thousands of fetch quests before it.  Some are good, most are awful.  If you are brand new you would be playing probably for approx. 1.5-2 months depending on your grind level to get to the new content.  
    I've been playing since the beginning of this year for hours per day and still haven't reached the end of the current expansion story. Granted, I get sidetracked a lot. Still, why would you rush to "end game", when there is so much content to experience in between?

The most well designed mmorpgs are made by having all content as relevant. In this regard, the open world of ESO is better designed than the one of FFXIV. Still, I don't see the point of ignoring everything to go and lock yourself into a grind for gear, an activity that's been slowly killing the most popular mmorpg atm.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    Xasapis said:
    Ppiper said:
    I've been playing since the beginning of this year for hours per day and still haven't reached the end of the current expansion story. Granted, I get sidetracked a lot. Still, why would you rush to "end game", when there is so much content to experience in between?

The most well designed mmorpgs are made by having all content as relevant. In this regard, the open world of ESO is better designed than the one of FFXIV. Still, I don't see the point of ignoring everything to go and lock yourself into a grind for gear, an activity that's been slowly killing the most popular mmorpg atm.
    Because he's not talking about "end game" or gear grind. He's talking about completing the Main Story Quests to be allowed to enter the new content in the expansion.

I really like FF14 and am currently playing but this is STILL, by far, the worst thing about the game.
    Xiaoki said:
    Xasapis said:
    Ppiper said:

Because he's not talking about "end game" or gear grind. He's talking about completing the Main Story Quests to be allowed to enter the new content in the expansion.

I really like FF14 and am currently playing but this is STILL, by far, the worst thing about the game.
    I believe that at this point everyone that is remotely interested in joining FFXIV knows about these three characteristics that can make or break their enjoyment:
    • Asian themed aesthetics
    • All progression tied to the main story
    • Long combat GCD