Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online is Headed to Nintendo Switch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDC Universe Online is Headed to Nintendo Switch - MMORPG.com

While we don't have a release date yet, we do know that DC Universe Online is coming to Nintendo Switch sometime in Summer 2019. Daybreak Game devs revealed that some changes have had to be made to bring the superhero MMO to a mobile platform and that it was a daunting task.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Looking forward to this, love being able to play MMOs on my SWITCH..
    MrMelGibsonOyjord
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, this is pretty great. Good game for the Switch too. Easy to pick up and put down. I'd LOVE to see FFXIV and ESO make it there.
    ElvocmomintimMrMelGibsonOyjord

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• alaadaralaadar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I would love FFXIV on my switch, but could it handle it in handheld mode for more than a few mins without that version being gutted for performance?
    MrMelGibson
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    This is good for those who want to MMO on their Switch.

I don't want to MMO at all anymore. Too busy with singleplayer gems. Currently playing Octopath.
    SBFordViper482MrMelGibsonGorwe
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Aeander said:

I don't want to MMO at all anymore. Too busy with singleplayer gems. Currently playing Octopath.

I feel ya. I want to say it is still my favorite genre, but not sure anymore.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited May 2019

alaadar said:

I would love FFXIV on my switch, but could it handle it in handheld mode for more than a few mins without that version being gutted for performance?

Likely not. The PS3 version was shut down due to the limitations that they were running into with development, and having to keep all 3 versions of the game (PS3, PS4, and PC) up to the same standard. While I would love to play it on my Switch, I just don't think they would viably be able to put it on there without having a separate version of the game developed specifically for the Switch.
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Interesting! I never gave this game a solid chance, but I have some friends I play Smash with that I think would really enjoy this on Switch (since they refuse to play PC games). Not much time for MMOs anymore, but never turn down trying something out with friends.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i used to play for roughly 6 monts, the idea of having a full MMORPG in a portable console is just amazing.
    Oyjord

So What Now?

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited May 2019
    DCUO sucks in all respects gameplay/graphically and dated too, they only doing this cos of MUA3(is gonna suck) is on the switch and they need some representation there. They woulda been better making a who new game for the switch rather than porting a crappy pc title. id be surprised if u get stable 30 fps on this and if u do it gonna be graphically challenged
    maskedweaselmomintimMrMelGibson
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I think key will be whether it will be cross play or not. I fear Switch won't have the player base to easily find a group for raids, alerts, etc.
  • MetalFoxMetalFox Member CommonPosts: 9
    Is there other MMO games on Switch? I mean classic MMO, not hybrids or anything

MetalFox said:

Not that I'm aware of. if Daybreak pulls this off they could be historic in that their MMO would be the first on all four major platforms! If they could pull a Dauntless and get them to all cross-play then... well BOOM!
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

MetalFox said:

nope, i think DCUO will be the 1st full MMORPG ever on a portable console. or at least on switch.

So What Now?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Well, this is...pretty cool actually. Haven't played in ages, but I had fun while it lasted. I hooe this works out for them.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

No crossplay, no account transfers. Standalone like XBox one servers :-(
  • blood_thirstblood_thirst Member UncommonPosts: 21

ESO is heading to Switch? I wish it was true.

MrMelGibson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    My dads a janitor at Sony and got this sweet gameplay footage of DC Universe on the Switch

ScottJeslisWhiteLanternRoinMrMelGibson
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I wish they'd bring Phantasy Star Online to the switch.
    LordRoachlahnmirMrMelGibson

Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

I so badly wanted to get into Octopath. Had the game pre-oredered. Was looking forward to it and I hated it. I just found the way it tells its story so lackluster and repetitive. 
    I kind of agree. I am enjoying it. It's fine. I think it's an 7 or 8 out of 10 JRPG (like just below the quality of a Golden Sun). Nowhere near what I'd consider a 10/10 modern JRPG (Persona 5 being my gold standard).

What I like - the artstyle, music, combat, field skills

What I dislike - 3DS quality graphics, lack of meaningful interaction between party members, lackluster storytelling.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Awesome. I was waiting for mmos to make their way to the Switch. My favorite console since the SNES and PS1.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Yeah, this is pretty great. Good game for the Switch too. Easy to pick up and put down. I'd LOVE to see FFXIV and ESO make it there.
    You over-estimate the Twitch's capabilities by far. It's bad enough the PS4 is already holding FFXIV back vs PC, just as the PS2 held FFXI back. 
    I look at what Rockstar was able to accomplish on a base PS4 with RDR2 and then think of what my 2080 Ti & i9 is really capable of. smh
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

DCUO sucks in all respects gameplay/graphically and dated too, they only doing this cos of MUA3(is gonna suck) is on the switch and they need some representation there. They woulda been better making a who new game for the switch rather than porting a crappy pc title. id be surprised if u get stable 30 fps on this and if u do it gonna be graphically challenged
    I don't think that MUA3 is going to suck at all. It's still one of my most anticipated games of the year.
    MrMelGibsonmaskedweasel