Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Plague Tale Interview - What Makes It Unique? - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageA Plague Tale Interview - What Makes It Unique? - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

A Plague Tale: Innocence is an action-adventure title that launched last week for PC, PS4 & Xbox One and immediately won over fans and critics alike. The game features a heartwrenching journey of two young children in the world ripped apart by war and suffering from plague. Just before the release of the game we had an opportunity to interview Kevin Choteau, the Game Director on A Plague Tale: Innocence, and ask a couple of questions.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2019
    Can't wait to play this. I like everything i've seen so far from gameplay videos and reviews. Trying to stay away from spoilers though.
    infomatz

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You have to give them credit for making something new. But the plague years are about the most depressing topic imaginable. Not my cup of tea.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I don't see anything "unique" on it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

2 child protagonists, one barely knows the younger sibling but is/feels responsible and both make their way through a horrible landscape. Their only tools for escape are hiding, using the environment and whatever else they find against their enemies. All the while hiding from the inquisition ...

Seems like there is "some" uniqueness there ...

Scot[Deleted User]infomatzTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019

I don't think we'll be able to hide the younger one's corpse under a bush and finish the game. Maybe in the sequel!

Gut Out!
    Sovrath[Deleted User]infomatzTacticalZombeh

What, me worry?

• BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67
    the story and scenarios are good but the game follows a line without choice or difficult decisions, is similar to last of us with the differences that the child that is with you is desperate, the crafting is somewhat useless compared to Last of Us and you do not feel the attachment to the characters as you felt with Joel and Ellie the things that live together.

the recognitions that some of them received are exaggerated
    It's a good game but the last of us is better :)

for me:
    A Plague Tale: 6/10
    The Last of Us: 10/10
    the connection that is generated between player and characters is a big difference
    [Deleted User]infomatzOGDeathRow
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Elite: Dangerous
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "we also received an insane amount of love and support from our community on Asobo socials and they sure are a huge motivation for everyday life at work."

I have never heard of the company before and read that as "our community on Asbos". Not quite the same idea. :)

Good to see something new being tried, will wait to see what the reviews make of it.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    game design 6/10 why so low?too linear ,too predictable with puzzles,most players will experience the EXACT same game play.Needs to be open world to receive HQ scores.

Implementation of ideas 6-7/10,puzzles and challenges often are easy and linear.

Replay value 2/10

Time/Value 2/10

Visuals 6/10 often too narrow,small corridors,10x10 areas,sure the textures look nice but there is a LOT more to visuals than just nice textures.

Atmosphere a VERY tough one to score,it all depends how you look at it.Atmosphere if looked at in a SIMPLE way can be a 8/10 but if thought that atmosphere should feel like an OPEN world,then no it feels like a CONTROLLED atmosphere.Every single player will likely feel the exact same way in all atmospheric zones.So it is either a 8/10 or a 5/10 depending on what you expect from Atmospheric DESIGN.

So then as a CONSUMER,NOT an endorser or marketing agent but as a CONSUMER looking for VALUE,replay,looks nice,plays nice,longevity it is very average a 6/10.So it is borderline worth purchasing,imo it needs to be about $20 then it is fair value.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129

Bonejoker said:

the story and scenarios are good but the game follows a line without choice or difficult decisions, is similar to last of us with the differences that the child that is with you is desperate, the crafting is somewhat useless compared to Last of Us and you do not feel the attachment to the characters as you felt with Joel and Ellie the things that live together.

the recognitions that some of them received are exaggerated

It's a good game but the last of us is better :)

for me:

A Plague Tale: 6/10

The Last of Us: 10/10

the connection that is generated between player and characters is a big difference

Last of us was a gem, i had to turn it off on my first play thru right off the start, when your walking with your daughter and meet the military, oh my god i never felt such a rise of emotions. After i calmed down abit i tried a second time, got thru it, and enjoyed the rollercoaster to the end. masterpiece in my mind. I teared up so fast, trying to hide it from the wife and kids lol.