Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes Team Ready to Roll Out Its First Large-Scale Event - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageCity of Heroes Team Ready to Roll Out Its First Large-Scale Event - MMORPG.com

The City of Heroes forum has been updated with a post to provide players with details of the Memorial Day Event that also happens to be the "first large-scale event". Players will want to log in on May 27th between the hours of 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm Pacific / 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Eastern to take part. The party starts in Statesman Plaza, Kallisti Wharf with a giant costume contest before Giant Monsters, Arch-Villains and Heroes are spawned in the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Will not touch this game again until WB GAMES Removed the License from THEYBREAK GAMES laundering operation and give it to an actual top tier video game studio.
  • QuiesNoctisQuiesNoctis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Uhhhh this news is for CoH not DCUO. Click through the link, it's to the CoH homecoming forms, he he :D

Mods?
    [Deleted User]wingoodHariken
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Awkward ...
  • BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    The naming policy is so bad people are quting the server. No surprise there. Give away 1,000 character pages full of characters so names get all taken (no surprise) then punish EVERYONE with a draconian naming policy. I'm sure the server will be a ghost land in six months to a year from now.

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Is this a joke? Or are we just calling CoH DCUO now?
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Read the full update notes on the DC Universe Online site.

....100% legit lol
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Well as this seems to have nothing to do with DCUO, the article needs what I will describe as a "factual" update.
  • LeonardoMystLeonardoMyst Member UncommonPosts: 11
    It's showing up in Google Search as a DC Universe Online news article.
  • zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    CoH homecoming news sponsored by Daybreak games...
    Blaze_Rocker
  • skyhawkeskyhawke Member UncommonPosts: 16

Banegrivm said:

The naming policy is so bad people are quting the server. No surprise there. Give away 1,000 character pages full of characters so names get all taken (no surprise) then punish EVERYONE with a draconian naming policy. I'm sure the server will be a ghost land in six months to a year from now.

I'm willing to bet only the whiners and quick to jump people will be gone. Everyone else will most likely stay and play. In the old days, COH had implemented a policy that would free up unused names after awhile. FFS, people just seem to need a reason to be upset even when handed something that has been gone for years and never seemed to be coming back. Can't please everyone and honestly, having that vocal minority leave is probably for the best.
    HarikenCaptFabulous
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I'm going to be honest. I'm a bit high at the moment, started reading the comments and was like WTF! Good to know it's not the high :D
    gunklacker
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247

Banegrivm said:

Ok SLAPNUTS is taken think of a new name and get over it ;)
    tinoberserkdragonlee66Blaze_RockerHariken
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    whenever i try connect to homecoming, it say access denied

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019

Rhoklaw said:

Banegrivm said:

Are you sure? I haven't heard anything in regards to players being forced to rename characters. Unless of course it's racist or religious in nature maybe.

The update will "release" names. If someone else claims it with an active toon, the player will be forced to rename their own when/if they log back into the inactive toon.

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284

Uhhhh this news is for CoH not DCUO. Click through the link, it's to the CoH homecoming forms, he he :D

Mods?

Except this is what is shows me

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/149569784697192448/580826566918144000/image0.jpg
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

skyhawke said:

Banegrivm said:

.... FFS, people just seem to need a reason to be upset even when handed something that has been gone for years and never seemed to be coming back. Can't please everyone and honestly, having that vocal minority leave is probably for the best.

Welcome to the Special Snowflake "I need a Safe Space" liberal world of the twenty-teens. 90's teens would pound the soy boys of this decade into mush if they could meet one another. Someone should really put a warning on those cartons that long-term soy consumption causes hormonal imbalance in males.
    CaptFabulous

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019

skyhawke said:

Banegrivm said:

.... FFS, people just seem to need a reason to be upset even when handed something that has been gone for years and never seemed to be coming back. Can't please everyone and honestly, having that vocal minority leave is probably for the best.

Welcome to the Special Snowflake "I need a Safe Space" liberal world of the twenty-teens. 90's teens would pound the soy boys of this decade into mush if they could meet one another. Someone should really put a warning on those cartons that long-term soy consumption causes hormonal imbalance in males.
    Erm, what?

That's a pretty big jump.

Also, some of the most extreme professional athletes go vegan for the health benefits.  I highly doubt they're battling hormone deficiencies.

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

skyhawke said:

Banegrivm said:

Erm, what?

That's a pretty big jump.

Also, some of the most extreme professional athletes go vegan for the health benefits.  I highly doubt they're battling hormone deficiencies.

"Hormonal imbalance" not deficiency. Soy protein increases estrogen levels, unlike whey protein which doesn't. Extra estrogen in males can cause mammary tissue growth over time (man boobs) and behavioral changes. These are well documented if you want to look them up.

Aside from that, I'm going to have to apologize for my post. I believe I was a little out of line with it. Today's generation just doesn't suit me and lately I've come to wear my feelings about it on my sleeve.

Sorry

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Test corrected but feature image still DC!
    Assuming there was ALSO a DC update?