Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 sales in 15 months, 0 maps in 6 months, LOL

124»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Work in progress image posted in Discord:

Serpentius?Today at 7:31 PM

Dont forget that image is a WIP so keep that in mind 

DerryFHAnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Google random map generator...

Just LOL

Slapshot1188DerryFH

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Gamers.. the only demographic that will act like total raging asshats to people and wonder why they don't want to talk with them anymore.
    And people wonder why I don't enjoy playing games with others very much these days...(outside of friends of course)

The number of guilds I have quit in the last five years insane. Its funny when they ask why and I have tell them that I don't care for hate speech, people talking s**t about others, etc...

I get enough of it in the real world. Don't need it when I am trying to relax
    The number of guilds I have quit in the last decade is zero.

Measure twice cut once as they say.

So with nothing to compare to you don't know if you are in a good guild or not eh?

Many people in North Korea believe they live in the greatest nation on earth....

;)
    I am wagering like me, he has a static, a small circle of people he runs with. But at the same time, since I try out new and different games, I end up joining dozens of guilds, often, with me leaving the game, but kinda forgetting to leave the guild, so, technically I never quit them, they most likely saw I had not logged on in a month or so and cleaned their roster.

Equally so, if I saw a name from that guild that I recognized, in another game, I'd run with them there, nothing against most people, which to be honest, when you have a static, it functions like a bubble, in the fact that you don't need to deal with anyone.

Which kinda explains how he could not handle me giving him some minimal chiding, and blocked me, while he is going whole hog bashing on Caspian and then making a fuss that Caspian finds that crap annoying.

Pots and kettles in that case, IMHO.
    I'm so bad. Today I received an email from an old WOW guild I apparantly once belonged to, but am still struggling to remember who they were, which server, and realm.

The number of guilds, clans, statics, and corps I've been a member of are legion.

;)

Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    edited May 2019
    Work in progress image posted in Discord:

Serpentius?Today at 7:31 PM

Dont forget that image is a WIP so keep that in mind 

Who would have thought I need to look up Serpentius on discord to find info as well. While I never found this post, really couldn't be bothered scrolling back so many pages to try find it. I only have one thought about it. Looks like something a kid made in paint. 

While searching for this post. The amount of time Serpentius has said "Thanks for the feedback" "Noted" "We hear you". He must have each one macro to his keyboard. I would have thought people overall would be not caring anymore, about when DSS finally starts. Well not caring as much. But seems removing the dates was a very short term fix. Or maybe SBS saying over and over "it will only be a few more days" have finally snapped people.

Also looks like even Serpentius is getting slowly sick of people repeating the same complaint over and over. Trying to silent people a few times. Which really, trying to hide the problem, doesn't make the problem go away.
    Gdemami
    Oh hey here's a Dominions 4 map I made in Campaign Cartographer 3

I know it's not as impressive as what these professionals are putting out...
    KyleranSlapshot1188ScotDakeru

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nilden said:

Oh my, think of the mayhem one could cause by posting this on the COE forums as a "secretly" leaked map from the ivory tower forums.

Probably cause the fall of several kingdoms in the first day.

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Nilden said:

Oh my, think of the mayhem one could cause by posting this on the COE forums as a "secretly" leaked map from the ivory tower forums.

Probably cause the fall of several kingdoms in the first day.

:D
    Well the outlines of the maps have been known for a long time.  Remember the big “Map Selection” event from last year?  The pic I linked showed the breakdown of the areas that players can claim on those maps.
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Nilden said:

Don't talk such lies, you must have been working on this for months. Talking like it's so simple to create a map!

But seriously, I have heard I will be able to view the CoE map in VR. 
    KyleranAnOldFart
    Actually the whole thing took me about 4-5 hours. Campaign Cartographer 3 comes with all the assets and is easy to use. The dominions map converter to get it in the game is pretty good too. I still had to go in and manually set all the connections and check all 108 land and 85 sea provinces to make sure everything worked in the game. The map is way larger in the actual game and very zoomed out in this image.

Personally I would have had the maps done before the kickstarter. Pretty laughable.

Also I like maps, if you do too, check out the software I used.

GdemamiSlapshot1188KyleranTorrsk

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Nilden said:

By hand maps are better than randomly generated. If CoE think they can invent a software tool to generate maps better than a person they need to think again. Unless they think they are inventing an AI, because that's what it will take. :)
    GdemamiAnOldFart
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Scot said:
    By hand maps are better than randomly generated. If CoE think they can invent a software tool to generate maps better than a person they need to think again. Unless they think they are inventing an AI, because that's what it will take. :)
    Trove uses randomly generated maps, that involved, at my last count, 6 unique biodomes with all with their own unique mobs, harvesting nodes (both above and below ground) 2 different tiers of dungeons (Keeps and Castles), random chances at Dragons and other large scale world bosses, and at least 3 of them have their own unique kind of liquid. 

As such, this is not some new "break out" technology to generate random world maps on the fly, nor would it take some super AI to pull it off, as Trove has been doing exactly this idea, for the last 3 years.
    GdemamiAnOldFartScot
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Someone should make a game about hookers and drugs with real aging and death.  Something fearless in design that embraces the character's ability to impact other characters....Maybe launch a Kickstarter....

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

jonp200 said:
    Someone should make a game about hookers and drugs with real aging and death.  Something fearless in design that embraces the character's ability to impact other characters....Maybe launch a Kickstarter....
    Then three years in after taking everyones money in a cash shop with no game even close to anything resembling a release put out a map of the crime "Kings" selection for the city districts that looks like this...

Image result for checker random colors

Slapshot1188AnOldFart