Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big round doors are stupid

ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

The reason the doors on hobbit holes were round, is because the homes are underground, so you enter them from the top. So it would be like a manhole cover.

But in the movie and the game, you have these giant round doors, that are on the side of the house. It makes no sense to have a round door in that case. Doesn't anyone else see how idiotic this is?

Comments

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Huh?

Maybe I read some different Hobbit/LotR books. The ones I read indicated that the doors on the hobbit holes are verticle. That is why they were built into the side of hills.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

If the doors were verticle, then it wouldn't make any sense at all to have a round door. Thats the point.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    there are people that look like children (hobbits), flying dragons, wizards and whatnot and you think its weird to have round doors?
    Im sorry but this thread has no point.

Originally posted by paade
    there are people that look like children (hobbits), flying dragons, wizards and whatnot and you think its weird to have round doors?
    Im sorry but this thread has no point.

Yes , this thread does have a point. You just aren't smart enough to understand it

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    okay kid, whatever you say. Have fun.

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by ghoul31

If the doors were verticle, then it wouldn't make any sense at all to have a round door. Thats the point.

Considering that the arc in the round door will support the weight of the hill that it is in way better than a square door would it makes perfect sense. Anyone who has any knowledge of construction would know this. Besides the fact that this is the way that tolkien envisioned it, round doors for hobbit holes.

imageimage

Besides the fact that this is the way that tolkien envisioned it, round doors for hobbit holes.

Exactly, hobbit holes. Not hobbit houses. When you think of a whole in the ground, you think something that goes straight down. Like rabbit holes, i.e. bugs bunny.

Originally posted by theanimedude

Originally posted by ghoul31

Besides the fact that this is the way that tolkien envisioned it, round doors for hobbit holes.

Exactly, hobbit holes. Not hobbit houses. When you think of a whole in the ground, you think something that goes straight down. Like rabbit holes, i.e. bugs bunny.

you sir (or child) have no knowledge of any of Tolkien's lore, and therefore, have no right to be posting such a stupid topic.

Yes, the doors were in the side, yes they were round, yes you have no brain.

You see, all these make sense.

The fact is that you're wrong, whether you choose to admit it or not, so please, stop this.

Sure, in this world, doors aren't round. But in Tolkien's world, the doors were round. Now stfukthxbye ::::20::

Nice mature response. How old are you 10? Get back to me when you graduate 6th grade.

This discussion has been closed.