Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Cinematic Shows Saurfang Meeting Thrall - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Cinematic Shows Saurfang Meeting Thrall - MMORPG.com

The latest World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth cinematic is out and about, this time showing Saurfang as he finds Thrall in Outland Nagrand. It is the third BfA cinematic that Saurfang "stars" in as the story turns again to the "tribal Horde" and marks the return of Thrall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    That Thrall has been working out in his retirement. :P
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]MadFrenchielaseritTacticalZombeh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    FOR THE HORDE!
    JamesGoblinTacticalZombeh

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited May 2019
    Blizzards WoW cinematics are always incredible. If only they could put that kinda talent into their game.
    SBFord[Deleted User]ThaharfoppoteeAlomarJamesGoblin[Deleted User]PhrySirAgravainelaseritand 1 other.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Sylvanas trying to have Thrall assassinated?!

Crazy!

3rd faction possibility? One can dream.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Time to finish leveling my lvl 78 orc shaman. :p

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Can’t wait till Sylvanas kills his corny a*s.
    Ishkal
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I have always liked green jesus... In all his campy glory.

Now as much as the better part of me like to see him return home after all this is done and get on with his farm... I sure hope we are looking towards a epic showdown a la Endgame.

Because Sylvanas make for the perfect broken character, but that is also it. She is so bloody broken that there is no real saving her.

Time to layeth the smacketh down.

Sadly i assume it will cost him his life, much like all his other friends.

This have been a good conversation

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484

SBFord said:

That Thrall has been working out in his retirement. :P

That's like saying, the gorilla has been working out.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Cinematics for this games are always amazing. Sadly the games, is not anymore.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    If the game looked like that I'd still be playing it. It needs a reboot with updated graphics and a modern engine to ever interest me again.
    SignexBruceYee
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    edited May 2019
    "Yo!" "Yo Thrall, Wanna fight for the Hordey again?" "Let me just think about it." "M'ok." "Oh no undead assassins" "Lol ded again. The undead I mean." "Ok I will help." "Yay."
    JamesGoblinonelesslight
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

"This world, it looks good, but its wrong. Broken, falling apart.
    Just like the Horde."

Gee replace the Horde with World of Warcraft and you get the prefect metaphor to how many feel about the true disappointment that has been BfA. I find it quite telling when a less than five minute video shows more care and attention to world detail than months of actual game play features. Not to mention is far more entertaining. Maybe they should just give up on the game and shift focus to make it into a Netflix series.

Or just make WoW 2...
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    BruceYee said:

Just like the Horde."

Gee replace the Horde with World of Warcraft and you get the prefect metaphor to how many feel about the true disappointment that has been BfA. I find it quite telling when a less than five minute video shows more care and attention to world detail than months of actual game play features. Not to mention is far more entertaining. Maybe they should just give up on the game and shift focus to make it into a Netflix series.

Or just make WoW 2...
    Isn't that set to release this summer? :D

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Just like the Horde."

Sorry, but that makes no sense. It was a 5 minute video on a grassy plain with one simple structure. Have you actually played BfA? Up to the current patch? Have you found the underwater Tortollan bar? Done any of the wow secrets stuff? Rode the sandboard down he back of the giant snake scuplture? Or maybe just did the most optimal activities to get a decent level of gear over and over again? Or just rage quit that you didn't get something you want for free? If you want to say the azerite armour sucks, sure. Its a big step down from the class campaigns from Legion I can't argue. But for me I can see there are still a lot of talented people trying to put as much as they can into the game. There is stuff going on all over the place, more than I can say for classic where a large portion of the game is barren an deserted.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Just like the Horde."

Sorry, but that makes no sense. It was a 5 minute video on a grassy plain with one simple structure. Have you actually played BfA? Up to the current patch? Have you found the underwater Tortollan bar? Done any of the wow secrets stuff? Rode the sandboard down he back of the giant snake scuplture? Or maybe just did the most optimal activities to get a decent level of gear over and over again? Or just rage quit that you didn't get something you want for free? If you want to say the azerite armour sucks, sure. Its a big step down from the class campaigns from Legion I can't argue. But for me I can see there are still a lot of talented people trying to put as much as they can into the game. There is stuff going on all over the place, more than I can say for classic where a large portion of the game is barren an deserted.
    Engaging people on this site about WoW amounts to bashing your head on a wall.  WoW is dead to this site and only gets hate here.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

BruceYee said:

Just like the Horde."

Or just make WoW 2...

Isn't that set to release this summer? :D

Yeah, at the end of August. It's patch 0.5, they are going backwards.
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited May 2019

Just like the Horde."

What you are saying here is .. RP basically, which for the most players, is not that important! .. I did some of it and I didn't quit because I didn't get something I wanted for .. free. As a matter of fact, when I quit the max ilvl which one could had was 370(?) and I had 355 , or close to. I had "Revered" with all Factions and almost Exalted with one at the time I quit. So , the grind itself was never an issue ( for me ) when it comes to WoW. What was the issue ( for me ) , is the idiot decision of HOW you grind in BfA. From the broken class system and the azurite armour , to the most boring WQ's I've ever seen which .. you were forced to do them ( reputation, unlock allies,etc .. ) . 

Dungeons was another bad part in BfA for me. They do not feel epic ( like in Legion )  and that's because of whoever designed them to be like that. 

(Almost) No cinematics at all in BfA, especially in the War Campaign. In Legion ( yes, right from the launch ) we had lots and lots of story and cinematic to begin with. The story itself (was?) is bad in BfA. I often asked myself "..wait, wtf?" . 

No crafting ( in the real meaning ) , no Followers ( Legion like ), no "end game" ( at least in Legion, you had Suramar which from my point of view, was amazing and also Legendary grind! )...and I could go on and on .. about why I think BfA is the worst expansion ever, but .. you get the idea.

Horusra said:

Engaging people on this site about WoW amounts to bashing your head on a wall.  WoW is dead to this site and only gets hate here.

Hate? You confuse hate with logic and statistics. WoW as of now, is as dead as he can be. There was never a time in WoW history, when WoW was this ..dead. Sure, there are still lots of people playing, but they are at the lowest, when it comes to the numbers. You will now ask me "how do I know?". I just know! From my many friends who were "WoW Forever" , which now they don't even want to hear about it, to the many, many bad reviews and ratings on different websites. Sure, for you ( being a fan ), you might say "real numbers or gtfo" , but .. we both know that WoW is struggling at this point like in no other expansion.

PS: Just like GoT with the new season. If I tell a GoT fan now, that episode 8.04 has 6.1 on IMDB, he will say that ratings don't matter. But, did they matter for almost all other episodes who they have from 8.0 to 9.9 ?! ...the point is, ratings DO matter. It shows how good a product is.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth is sitting at 3.1/10. Whereas the next one is Warlords with 5.9/10.

I am not hating WoW. I can never hate WoW. 

...but I do hate what they did with WoW in BfA. For me, is a ruined expansion!

esc-joconnorPhry
    BobVa said:

Just like the Horde."

What you are saying here is .. RP basically, which for the most players, is not that important! .. I did some of it and I didn't quit because I didn't get something I wanted for .. free. As a matter of fact, when I quit the max ilvl which one could had was 370(?) and I had 355 , or close to. I had "Revered" with all Factions and almost Exalted with one at the time I quit. So , the grind itself was never an issue ( for me ) when it comes to WoW. What was the issue ( for me ) , is the idiot decision of HOW you grind in BfA. From the broken class system and the azurite armour , to the most boring WQ's I've ever seen which .. you were forced to do them ( reputation, unlock allies,etc .. ) . 

Dungeons was another bad part in BfA for me. They do not feel epic ( like in Legion )  and that's because of whoever designed them to be like that. 

(Almost) No cinematics at all in BfA, especially in the War Campaign. In Legion ( yes, right from the launch ) we had lots and lots of story and cinematic to begin with. The story itself (was?) is bad in BfA. I often asked myself "..wait, wtf?" . 

No crafting ( in the real meaning ) , no Followers ( Legion like ), no "end game" ( at least in Legion, you had Suramar which from my point of view, was amazing and also Legendary grind! )...and I could go on and on .. about why I think BfA is the worst expansion ever, but .. you get the idea.

Horusra said:

Hate? You confuse hate with logic and statistics. WoW as of now, is as dead as he can be. There was never a time in WoW history, when WoW was this ..dead. Sure, there are still lots of people playing, but they are at the lowest, when it comes to the numbers. You will now ask me "how do I know?". I just know! From my many friends who were "WoW Forever" , which now they don't even want to hear about it, to the many, many bad reviews and ratings on different websites. Sure, for you ( being a fan ), you might say "real numbers or gtfo" , but .. we both know that WoW is struggling at this point like in no other expansion.

PS: Just like GoT with the new season. If I tell a GoT fan now, that episode 8.04 has 6.1 on IMDB, he will say that ratings don't matter. But, did they matter for almost all other episodes who they have from 8.0 to 9.9 ?! ...the point is, ratings DO matter. It shows how good a product is.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth is sitting at 3.1/10. Whereas the next one is Warlords with 5.9/10.

I am not hating WoW. I can never hate WoW. 

...but I do hate what they did with WoW in BfA. For me, is a ruined expansion!

Those are all valid complaints, and I can understand people leaving about that. I just don't get the more attention to detail in that video than the game comment. Bad dumbed down systems, I get that. 
    Where in my comment did you get RP doesn't matter though? XD
    I haven't had a problem with the story or RP elements of BfA. I would say I'm not invested in the story as much as my own characters though. I dont care what happens to Sylvanis as long as I'm having fun. I prefer they add a player DM/Custom content option in than more story. I'm curious what your WTF moments were though :)
    Torval said:
    tawess said:

Now as much as the better part of me like to see him return home after all this is done and get on with his farm... I sure hope we are looking towards a epic showdown a la Endgame.

Because Sylvanas make for the perfect broken character, but that is also it. She is so bloody broken that there is no real saving her.

Why are all the Orc heroes Red Shirts? :(
    I have a feeling it's just that someone at Blizzard was influenced by Game of Thrones ;)
    That would explain the deaths, city burnings, and Cersei Sylvanis's behaviour.
    [Deleted User]
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    tawess said:

I have a feeling it's just that someone at Blizzard was influenced by Game of Thrones ;)
    Cersei? i was kind of comparing Sylvannas with the Frost King  :p
    [Deleted User]
    Phry said:
    Torval said:
    tawess said:

It would have to be a mix, wouldn't it. The Night King (what you mean, right?) has the whole zombie thing going on, but 0 personality and he doesn't get betrayed by, nor scheme against any of his allies XD 
    Role wise the Night King is N'Zoth, gone for thousands of years, no one thinks he really exists, same amount of personality, and he's back baby!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2019
    Phry said:
    Daenerys Stormborn, tyvm. I mean, geez, folks....who burned King's Landing? Wasn't Cersei or that loser the Night King. :P

For the Dark Lady! ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

When you use /spit or /rude on queen Azshara on ptr.

SBFord said:
    Phry said:
    Daenerys Stormborn, tyvm. I mean, geez, folks....who burned King's Landing? Wasn't Cersei or that loser the Night King. :P

For the Dark Lady! ;)

Speaking of bad writing, I think I was trying to forget that garbage already. :(
    I shouldn't have expected much after last season. It was too good to last I guess.

Aside from a city full of innocents actually burning I can't see any other parallels there though.