Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The World of Warcraft Classic Beta Is Live! Are You In? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited May 2019
    I enjoyed TBC the most.  I'm not sure classic is going to be much fun.  

Is this release WoW or just before TBC WoW?

Just before TBC was pretty good.  I may check this out.
    Post edited by Mardukk on
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited May 2019
    Mardukk said:
    I enjoyed TBC the most.  I'm not sure classic is going to be much fun.  

Is this release WoW or just before TBC WoW?
    just before TBC, aka patch 1.12
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    F2p? If not I'll pass
    Xarko

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

moshra said:

Being a huge Warcraft (RTS) fan I thought I'd love WoW when it launched. Didn't at all.
    The new races and actually interesting starter zones from TBC improved the experience enough for me to give it more of a try. I have no interest in going back to an even older World of Walking experience. I'd rather see them fix the current game.

Yeah, totally. They should add auto travel like mobile games, maybe even level your character for you when you're offline. Get rid of specializations all together. Maybe take out all the pesky mobs that get in your way when you're trying to quest.

To be clear they said they liked Burning Crusade and you responded with this fuckery.

Dishonor on your family, dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Well, if enough peeps sub to WoW just to play Classic it will show the Dev's the kind of game play the players want most I guess. Whether they'll listen and make changes is a different situation entirely.

I guess it depends on how the data will be distorted.

Gut Out!
    JeffSpicoli

What, me worry?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited May 2019

I wouldnt play it, but id sell my account if i got an invite.

And streamers get first dibs because it is free advertising and a win-win for both streamer and company. 

I'd probably sell mine too if I didn't have an insane amount of progression in Diablo 3 and Destiny 2 that I could never give up.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    mbrodie said:
    incorrect.. WotLK was literally better than all the rest of WoW Combined... Classic was literally a horrible experience for anyone who actually played it on so many levels :P
    Really? Oh my, and here I was, completely unaware that I was not having fun, and enjoying WoW before Wrath came along and screwed it all up for me.

It must be great to know better than everyone else that played, what kind of experience they actually had while playing.
    deniter
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019

Gutlard said:

Well, if enough peeps sub to WoW just to play Classic it will show the Dev's the kind of game play the players want most I guess. Whether they'll listen and make changes is a different situation entirely.

I guess it depends on how the data will be distorted.

Gut Out!

I wonder this as well and asked the very same question on these forums awhile ago, Most of the responses i got were negative to the idea that Blizzard might build upon the success and excitement of classic in some way. Whether that be adding to classic or re-tuning current retail.

You know what they say , Money-Talks and Bullshit walks. As stubborn as blizz has been to retune the current mess of retail I think they will eventually cave when they $ee the overwhelming intere$t in Cla$$ic.
    Gutlard
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Horusra said:
    blamo2000 said: hi
    Horusra said:
    Got the invite...but not interested.
    I'm not interested in beta testing Classic either (or any game) so I took no steps to do so.  Why would you sign up to beta test something you are not interested in beta testing and then advertise it?
    I have selected the beta opt in for my blizzard account that puts you in for all blizzard betas
    Doh, that makes perfect sense.  I should have been able to figure that out myself.   Sorry, my apologies.  
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Scot said:

Swanea said:

Had some friends resub in hope, but if youre not a Streamer/youtuber.....you're not getting in yet.

Streamers are distorting the gaming landscape, they are the player equivalent of the cash shop. Marketing before gaming ethos, presentation before gameplay.
    couldnt agree more,imho blizzard should be ashamed,all them long time players and subscribers having no chance of getting access while streamers get pref once again and for what? a bit of cheap marketing,if blizz believe there will gain subs through this ploy there more deluded than i thought,classic is free long as you have a sub so all this is a sad push to get subs back,sad day indeed for devoted wow fans.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

moshra said:

Being a huge Warcraft (RTS) fan I thought I'd love WoW when it launched. Didn't at all.
    The new races and actually interesting starter zones from TBC improved the experience enough for me to give it more of a try. I have no interest in going back to an even older World of Walking experience. I'd rather see them fix the current game.

Yeah, totally. They should add auto travel like mobile games, maybe even level your character for you when you're offline. Get rid of specializations all together. Maybe take out all the pesky mobs that get in your way when you're trying to quest.

:| yeah . . . right . . . because walking somewhere is a real challenge . . . I bet you love all those exploits the game had too huh, made it easier than mobile games. Play FotM, play twinks so you don't have to rely on skill in PvP, make it hard to play with other people. Awesome game design.
    Hey tough guy, if you want some RL challenge I know a guy who can hook you up with square wheels for your car and shoes that are attached to each other permanently.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    just got in.... invites are apparently still going out.
    also planetary destruction has been diverted 
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

Aori said:

Sadly only subscribers can get in and current WoW isn't worth the subscription. I was sure as hell wasn't going to subscribe for a chance at classic beta.

source? i've been invited to beta tests while being unsubbed
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    edited May 2019
    mbrodie said:

With how excited people are over WoW classic(I was once excited but not anymore).. I do expect the servers to start to see a decline after the first month wears off. People bitch an cry over lack of content yet people want a server that stops at a certain point. I get the attraction for vanilla as I was once a vanilla player myself(and there wasn't a better time in WoW's history than vanilla) but I just don't see this server holding up that long.

incorrect.. WotLK was literally better than all the rest of WoW Combined... Classic was literally a horrible experience for anyone who actually played it on so many levels :P
    I wouldnt play it, but id sell my account if i got an invite.

And streamers get first dibs because it is free advertising and a win-win for both streamer and company. 
    debatable, i don't watch streamers.. but i watched one earlier for about 45min playing Classic, literally felt like taking a nap "fun and engaging gameplay?" more like autoattack simulator 2019.
    Sorry but that's purely subjective.  While I did enjoy the shit out of Lich King and consider it one of the best expansions, if not the best expansion, I still would put vanilla ahead of it purely from a difficulty standpoint.  Mobs actually could kill you in Vanilla where in Lich king started the era of pull 1928391823 mobs and AoE them down(While I do love that shit now, it provided no challenge since you could do it and you couldn't do that in vanilla).  In vanilla, if you got multiple adds you were straight dead. I miss the sense of danger in mmo's, in the game world, in dungeons. There's very little to no sense of danger in these game worlds and even less fear of dying.  Sense of danger and death penalties need to come back.  None of this, oh well I died.  Respawn and repeat.  

Watching these streamers play on the Vanilla beta, I just shake my head in disgust.  That is NOT a vanilla experience at all. Graphically yes its looks vanilla but from a gameplay standpoint its not even close. Players taking hardly any damage at all, mobs dying extremely quick, players not MISSING their attacks, no resting in between pulls, people almost max level and its only been live for less than 2 days.  I mean it just adds up and up that its just simply not Vanilla.  While I bet its difficult for them to replicate Vanilla to a T, that shit is NOT vanilla in the slightest.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019
    Good to see that the same group of people (streamers) that got into bfa alpha, got into classic and bfa turned out beautifully so far.....To be fair though, there were legic streamers/youtubers that gave actual feedback in alpha/beta bfa (preach/bae to name a couple), which got completely ignored, so I do think they'll take this as an actual beta instead of free press that blizzard is pretty much doing this for. As I said before, vanilla wasn't exactly small, so instead of that little 'friends and family' alpha or whatever they did 2-3 months ago, they could've opened the pool a bit more to get actual feedback. But hey, they got Blizzard magic so it'll work out!
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    People can say what they want I don't care.

I've wanted this. I still want this. I can't wait for it to actually happen.

I will return for this.

I just wish that anniversary edition hadn't sold out before I had a shot at buying it.
    [Deleted User]
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    I resubbed a week ago fot info. Not streamer or utuber and got in. Just regular sub
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I wonder how much money they made off people resubbing just to try for a beta key. well played blizzard already making money off classic before its even launched.
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Already did the beta...15 years ago.
    ScotTacticalZombeh