Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Adventure Academy - A Learning Focused MMO - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Adventure Academy - A Learning Focused MMO - TheHiveLeader

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Awwwwwwwwww!
    SBFordwingoodAwakenWarrior
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    signing my 8 year old son up for this .. looks great
    SBFord
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2019
    Parents buy their kids cell phones when they are 8 years old,they don't care much about their childs safety.
    Aimed at kids,yes i know so many kids just love a SCHOOL setting ,..lol not a chance in hell.Now of course if you the parent FORCE your child to LOOK HERE...PLAY THIS,then yes they will pretty much enjoy anything.
    IMO this is not a good game setting for children and the delivery is very ho hum boring of the typical marker over npc head,run around boring quests.
    I would not recommend this at all for kids.Kids love shooter games,this is based on seeing first hand and by NOT forcing them to play anything,let them choose for themselves.They also love pets,anything with pets.

IMO this developer is aiming more at the parent,look here,this is good for your child and naturally most parents all googly eyed over anything for the kids,so VERY easily coered into anything titled as a KIDS game.
    Other than npc's that look like kids running around,this game is VERY far from child focused,kids liek to HAVE FUN,go figure this developer doesn't GET IT.
    bobbymcswanson[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Wizardry said:

Parents buy their kids cell phones when they are 8 years old,they don't care much about their childs safety.

Aimed at kids,yes i know so many kids just love a SCHOOL setting ,..lol not a chance in hell.Now of course if you the parent FORCE your child to LOOK HERE...PLAY THIS,then yes they will pretty much enjoy anything.

IMO this is not a good game setting for children and the delivery is very ho hum boring of the typical marker over npc head,run around boring quests.

I would not recommend this at all for kids.Kids love shooter games,this is based on seeing first hand and by NOT forcing them to play anything,let them choose for themselves.They also love pets,anything with pets.

IMO this developer is aiming more at the parent,look here,this is good for your child and naturally most parents all googly eyed over anything for the kids,so VERY easily coered into anything titled as a KIDS game.

Other than npc's that look like kids running around,this game is VERY far from child focused,kids liek to HAVE FUN,go figure this developer doesn't GET IT.

Holy shit....I actually agree with you....haha....super adorable video Hive but the game just looks awful.... I learned plenty (reading, vocabulary, a little math) playing final fantasy 1-3 as a kid....and it was actually fun....this is probably fun to kids who don't get to play real games....
    Morfo2SBFord
  • Morfo2Morfo2 Member UncommonPosts: 127

Holy shit....I actually agree with you....haha....super adorable video Hive but the game just looks awful.... I learned plenty (reading, vocabulary, a little math) playing final fantasy 1-3 as a kid....and it was actually fun....this is probably fun to kids who don't get to play real games....

I agree with you, I've been raised with Final Fantasy on PS1/2 and Sonic games on DreamCast, they were much more fun to play and they teach me good english since I'm not a native speaker.
    bobbymcswanson
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Thanks for sharing. The world needs more high-quality educational MMOS.

One of my favorite educational games at the moment is CodeCombat.

https://codecombat.com/

Kids can learn programming there and it tries to look like a real game.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Good job TheHiveLeader.
    SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Wizardry said:

Other than npc's that look like kids running around,this game is VERY far from child focused,kids like to HAVE FUN,go figure this developer doesn't GET IT.
    Not everything has to be glitz and glamour.  This is a game for knowledge. Aimed towards showing kids that there is some pretty cool info out there about animals or places that they may not come to know/see in there lives. 

As a parent of children that game, this is something i would like my kids to throw a half hour a day or so at it. A plus i see to games like this as well learning with your kids in a fun setting. You may not think its fun being in a school setting, but have you seen roblox? My kids played roblox and one of there most common game played was roblox high (Not sure on name but it was a school setting). Not claiming to be a super parent but i loved learning with my kids. See how they get excited over cool facts, those cute kid jaw dropping moments when there like "whhhhaaaat!"  Tho my girls are 13/12 now, this wont be for them. If this game was released a few years I woulda been excited. 

I find the generations lacking the more we go towards the future, everything as old mmo players say is handed to them. Having knowledge is becoming a thing of the past. Seeking knowledge IS a thing of the past. I applaud any game that tries to change that. Were in a pure entertainment world now, whats the next attention grabber? These guys wanna make that knowledge.

Also of course its aimed at parents, i wouldnt give my 6 year old (dont have one that young anymore) free range on the internet. So ya they aim it towards parents because they SHOULD be the first one of the pair to see the game.

And Mr.Hiveleader, that was adorable working with your kids, i hope you bring them back in future vids, love seeing parents work with there kids : )    
  • AwakenWarriorAwakenWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited May 2019
    It's the interesting game and I'm glad to see the MMO which has knowledges for kids.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Scorchien said:
    signing my 8 year old son up for this .. looks great
    You mean using your sons name and age so you can sign up!