Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Five Things to Take to Elsweyr - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageElder Scrolls Online: Five Things to Take to Elsweyr - MMORPG.com

As I think about Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr and the cat-like Khajiit, I wonder what the random Tamriel adventurer would want to pack for the trip. I’ve come up with a few fun ideas.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2019
    'The characters you meet along the way remind me of people I could possibly meet anywhere in the “real world”.'

You have been going to too many cosplay conventions. :)

ESO is a good new home it served me well for nearly 3 years and I am sorely tempted to go back. Maybe when they have the next big sale.
    XarkoZenJellyMoariNK
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Scot said:
    'The characters you meet along the way remind me of people I could possibly meet anywhere in the “real world”.'

You have been going to too many cosplay conventions. :)

ESO is a good new home it served me well for nearly 3 years and I am sorely tempted to go back. Maybe when they have the next big sale.
    Minus the furries, ofc. :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Rough break on timing with today marking the demise of Grumpy Cat.
    Octagon7711

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019
    Who knew Suzie was  a meme lord...

But yes I have returned to ESO for the first time since launch and stuck somewhere between loving the game and being bored to tears.... It is scratching that MMO itch though. I did sub for the bag space but holding off on the current xpac, will see if i make it past a month first
    SBFordOctagon7711Ashikuro
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited May 2019
    Amathe said:
    Rough break on timing with today marking the demise of Grumpy Cat.
    I guess I am not too terribly sad about her passing -- I mean...she is immortal thanks to tens of thousands of memes. The rest of us won't be able to say the same when we go. 

The Khajiit are proud of that lil Grump. <3

JeffSpicoliAmatheBillMurphyOctagon7711MadFrenchieklash2defjshackleford8314[Deleted User]Xarkoinfomatzand 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The game was unplayable for me right after launch and I didn't touch it for about six or seven months.  They've come a long way.  With other mmo's starting to force mini-maxing and redoing limited content an obscene amount of times I'm starting to play ESO more often, if only for the variety of choice offered.
    SBFordAlomar[Deleted User]gervaise1

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Every time I get into the game I get dragged away by something else... There's a lot there to like I know. I wish the combat was different. I can't believe I like LOTRO's more than ESO's.

I'm sure I'll be back! I just get bored playing alone, and I can't keep up with the friends that do play games, because they don't have kids/adulting.

Gut ouT!

What, me worry?

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Great game if you only plan to play casually and never look below the surface. Once you open the hood you find the threads detailing 50+ bugs that have been present for years, old bugs that pop back up with new patches years later, the worst server performance ever 5+ years after launch, shallow and easy gameplay designed to be accompanied by re-skinned microtransactions through their cash shop and lootboxes.

Meanwhile, you'll find there's some bottom of the barrel level community-developer communication on these issues and more. It's the Elder Scrolls cash cow till Bethesda get's around to making ES6, nothing more. With ZOS announcing their plans recently to make two other games, you can expect more and more dev's pulled off of ESO.
    [Deleted User]BlueThunderBearJeroKane
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Played the game for almost 3 years exclusively, can't find it in myself to go back. I found the questing tedious at best, never did finish a zone from Vvardenfell on. I know One Tamriel did a lot of great things for folks, but it made the overland map very mundane. Between One Tamriel and Tamriel Trade Center, the game I enjoyed was just broke. I'm sure lots of folks enjoy both of those, as Arya said, "It's not me." Maybe one day I will return. /shrug
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Things to take in to ESO?

Might I suggest a semi-competent dev team?
    Y'all sure know how to bring down a fun article. Happy Friday to you too. Geez.

I will play ESO casually and will love every minute. 
    Sovrathklash2defjshackleford8314Octagon7711ishistinfomatzJeleena

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• EzzatuEzzatu Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Just need mudballs and shade to throw at the dumb cats all day. Then go back with a backpack to explore the next day. The haters can hate, but the game is great.
    SBFord
  • EzzatuEzzatu Newbie CommonPosts: 2

Lheiah said:

Played the game for almost 3 years exclusively, can't find it in myself to go back. I found the questing tedious at best, never did finish a zone from Vvardenfell on. I know One Tamriel did a lot of great things for folks, but it made the overland map very mundane. Between One Tamriel and Tamriel Trade Center, the game I enjoyed was just broke. I'm sure lots of folks enjoy both of those, as Arya said, "It's not me." Maybe one day I will return. /shrug

I mean all MMOs have tedious questing. That just MMOs for ya.
    SBFordSovrathOctagon7711infomatz
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Ezzatu said:

Lheiah said:

For me, I don't find "all quests" tedious but the idea that the entire experience is just questafterquestafterquestafterquest ad infinitum is just tiring.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I played off and on as well since beta. My highest toon is only 44 but I'm prepared to roll a Necro as well Monday! I've stayed sub for quite a while due to infinite crafting bag (I enjoy picking up everything too much).
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    I have been back in ESO for 7 or 8 months or so. Having a blast. So much better the World of Repcraft.
  • ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    The article was fun (though still sad news for Grumpy Cat). ESO has been my main MMO for quite a while now. What's not to look forward to with a Khajit expansion and Necromancer class to boot? Especially if you're a cat aficionado anyway! I understand constructive criticism from players, but I often wonder what game do those who mainly post criticisms play? Different strokes for different folks, but hard to argue with a heavily populated game that people are having fun with! I'll see lots of other people in Elsweyr soon most of which no doubt will be Khajiti Necromancers, lol.
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    you might not like what i want to say but... they really should bring up something closer to "classic" auction house or some central merchant network, current system is terrible... oh and don't get me started on "Animation Canceling / Weaving" how it's core of game...
    Octagon7711
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Please proof read!!

"I’ve always been impressed me with Zenimax and ESO’s story"
  • jshackleford8314jshackleford8314 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I am a big fan of Skyrim and of course my character is a Khajit. The biggest a downer about the release of the Elsweyr addition is that my laptop is too old to run the game and I only own a PS3. It will likely be a couple of years before I can play. This makes Khajit sad.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Sovrath said:

Ezzatu said:

Lheiah said:

For me, I don't find "all quests" tedious but the idea that the entire experience is just questafterquestafterquestafterquest ad infinitum is just tiring.

It's really easy to breakup questing and do other things. Exploration mapping. Dungeon runs. Thieving and assassination sprees. A lot of the quests are really well done.

Holst86

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    5 things you take to ESO is Money, money, money ,money and more money

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    huge bags of kitty litter and a laserpointer to be the master of kajhit.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Not so. Can you spend more -sure. Do you have to - no.

You can just buy any version of the game and get hundreds and hundreds of hours of content for $10 or less. So less than the cost of a monthly sub to WoW. You can get various GotY collections as well for not much more.

And you get everything that people who used to pay a mandatory subscription to ESO got at launch. Sure ZoS would like you to pay more just as Blizzard and other companies would. You don't have to though. And that is a key point. No need to pay a sub; no need to spend anything on loot boxes. Yes they charge for new - actual - content. I don't see a problem - especially as you don't have to buy it or can wait until it goes on sale or gets added to a bundle etc.
    ScotOctagon7711infomatz
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited May 2019
    "It feels like it’s been forever since we learned about the next Elder Scrolls Online content expansion."
    When i asked my guildies they said its same as it was with morrowind.

"It’s no secret that I’ve been playing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth since it launched last summer. But it’s been a love-hate relationship and an overall disappointing journey. I stopped playing in February, though I’ve been keeping tabs on things hoping for improvements in story and gameplay. Even 8.2 isn’t enough to entice me back, for now, hence why my sights have turned to Elder Scrolls Online."

Its funny when kids trying to praise one game shit on another. (Intimidation is real.) TESO IS BETA THEN WOW.

With all those demotivators this looks like a blog. (Dont forget about persuasion) :/

gervaise1 said:

Not so. Can you spend more -sure. Do you have to - no.

You can just buy any version of the game and get hundreds and hundreds of hours of content for $10 or less. So less than the cost of a monthly sub to WoW. You can get various GotY collections as well for not much more.

And you get everything that people who used to pay a mandatory subscription to ESO got at launch. Sure ZoS would like you to pay more just as Blizzard and other companies would. You don't have to though. And that is a key point. No need to pay a sub; no need to spend anything on loot boxes. Yes they charge for new - actual - content. I don't see a problem - especially as you don't have to buy it or can wait until it goes on sale or gets added to a bundle etc.

Wow its actually working, kids really intimidated so easily?! This one started to compare this stupid thing (TESO) to other old stupid thing (WOW).

LOLZ

I dont even know which part of this comment is more crazy. Do you all really think this way?

"You can just buy any version of the game and get hundreds and hundreds of hours of content for $10 or less."

Some f2p games came out 10 years ago have better features than teso... AO has dungeon timer, teso doesnt even have that, not to mention bazillion other things that were added FOR FREE by modders.

I paid for gw2, but now its free, because of reasons. YOU CAN TRADE IN GW2 as f2p player. Teso has derp trading like PoE.

But teso is BETTER than shitty old shit. So teso is good. DUH!
    (i personally never played wow and havent even seen any video)

Even their promotion of sub says GET ALL DLC FOR FREE. But you DONT! TESO sub is ONLY for crafting bag, which is JOKE if you played GW2 (deposit all materials no matter where you are), cause the game made in the first place that it should be accessible for everyone. Not to mention bank and STACK size upgrades. TESO doesnt even have that in store. But you can buy stupid chests which are also limited. And character slots too.

And most of items that you loot worth nothing and only for crafting... Yeah, crafting. Research time and research scrolls in store SCREAMS f2p. (23 days researching ONE trait, but dont worry, you can buy 1 DAY scroll so now its ONLY 22 days left >.> )

"And you get everything that people who used to pay a mandatory subscription to ESO got at launch."

Thats the point. WHY DO THEY PAID for this buggy mess in the first place. Just because devs slapped Elder scrolls name on it, like they did with Fallout? (i just got this bug for the first time today...sigh. I wonder how much more bugs ill find. (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/64759/my-character-is-permanently-walking-running-slowly-after-main-story-quest )

And even becoming b2p means something..maybe that not much people subbed, cuase they SEE how stupid that would be?

"Sure ZoS would like you to pay more" "You don't have to though."
    You need to say that on their forum.

"Yes they charge for new - actual - content. I don't see a problem - especially as you don't have to buy it or can wait until it goes on sale or gets added to a bundle"

So youre saying they put insane price for real fans :P
    and later lower it for small fish to grab it for...actual price it suppose to be in the first place?

P.S. Summersex sales apparenly were really bad..they even giveaway a mansion, mount and a pet, while dlc were 33% off (it was 25% off before that already ) >.>

P.S. When you fish you can get useless junk.... :s
    I really liked fishing in Rift.
    infomatz