Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic - Character Creation & Tiny Tour of Orgrimmar - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    blamo2000 said:
    laserit said:
    I always get a good chuckle from people telling me what I want and why I want it.
    Hey now, these kids know whats hot!  They have their finger right on the pulse of the hottest and hippest popular games all the kids love watching videos of other people playing.  Of course they know what you want better than you do.  Stop being such a smarmy elitist and thinking you know what you like and want and why you like it and want it more than they do.  

Blizzard's only concern with what people want is:

"will feature x rather than feature y = more people or less people" since more people = more money. 
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    edited May 2019
    This feels more like WoW 2.0 than Classic. Sadly it also feels like I'm in Groundhog Day so I doubt I will be playing. I have moved on to other games like EVE Online, Runescape and Albion Online. But I'm sure this "new" WoW game will be popular.

I also heard there was something called Layering in the Beta which is like sharding but over the entire world map instead of just the starter zones, which will last for the entirety of phase one, which could last a while if not be eternal. Blizz have killed their "new" game already as that is not very Vanilla WoW at all & I'm not interested in sharding / layering very much. At least EVE Online, yes a scifi MMO it's different from WoW I know, still theoretically has a single shard server.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    ElonMusk said:

BobVa said:

I hope there will be a toggle on/off button for "new" graphics , including char models and such. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do this. And .. if my memory serves well , I think they did said that there will be an option like this?! ..

No
    Why not?  If is a toggle on the user end and only affects the person who chooses it then it doesn't affect me at all.  I assume that is what they mean.  So I would pick "new" and I would see them instead but not others.  Personal choice that doesn't affect others shouldn't be a problem.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Aethaeryn said:
    ElonMusk said:

BobVa said:

I hope there will be a toggle on/off button for "new" graphics , including char models and such. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do this. And .. if my memory serves well , I think they did said that there will be an option like this?! ..

No
    Why not?  If is a toggle on the user end and only affects the person who chooses it then it doesn't affect me at all.  I assume that is what they mean.  So I would pick "new" and I would see them instead but not others.  Personal choice that doesn't affect others shouldn't be a problem.  
    In my opinion because of the slippery slope.  Add this and why not achievements?  That doesn;t affect the people who ignore achievements and is somehow fun for people who like them.  Then why not transmog you can toggle on and off?  And then why not guild banks?  That doesn't hurt anyone.  It just helps guild's organize.  And then why not dungeon and raid finders?   Skills really only are a time sink requiring you to grind for no reason, so why not remove them?  Everyone uses a cookie-cutter builds for raiding, so why have talent trees?  

It comes down to trust.  No one trusts Blizzard enough to not completely gut and ruin Classic if they start down this road.  Its Pandora's box and can't be opened, regardless of how reasonable or harmless the intent seems.

Blizzard has tons of games that have everything anyone not interested in Classic could want, like retail WoW.  It would just best for the two populations to stick to their respected sides of the isle.  Let the people who have a big stake in and desire for classic have classic.  Everyone else has all of Blizzard's current offerings and all their future offerings besides this one.  Just let us have this one thing please.  
    ragebullet
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I read a few years ago that WOW had overhauled their character models. Are they not using the new ones in classic? Those look horrid.

Maybe have a read up of what WoW Classic means to people. Yes, the old models are not as desirable, to some, as the new ones, but that is the point.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I loved the old models thank heavens they are not modifying it.

• MmoWarlordMmoWarlord Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Personally wont check it out, dont see the fun of replaying content ive already done and beaten. nothing new planned to be added, think after year max itll be gone or just run as a side service to get the peoples money that use it which will be a minority