Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

word of advice: dont buy game

13»

Comments

• madrugamadruga Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    After seeing and elf in RF, I just assumed ti was the same company that made L2, or at least a company that bought graphics aengine and some content from L2. Not the best way to go IMO, becuase it takes away a portion of "uniqueness". So if RF cloned/stole elf models from L2, thats not very nice, thats actually very lame. Did devs comment on that yet? Any official statements?

There isnt elves in RF.

-----------------
    Oh well !

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by madruga

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    After seeing and elf in RF, I just assumed ti was the same company that made L2, or at least a company that bought graphics aengine and some content from L2. Not the best way to go IMO, becuase it takes away a portion of "uniqueness". So if RF cloned/stole elf models from L2, thats not very nice, thats actually very lame. Did devs comment on that yet? Any official statements?
    There isnt elves in RF.

I meant a character that looked like an elf in L2. To me, anything that resembles humans, but is slightly slender in statue, a bit more gracious,, with pointy ears is either an Elf or a Vulkan. Seeing that Vulkans are probably copyrighted to their arses, then it looks to me like its an elf.

In any case, I dont know nearly enough about RF, so you are probably right. Whatever that character is, it has striking similarities to the elf character from L2. To a person who doesnt know one or both games well ( just like i am ) both of those character may look practically the same, thus coming to a faulty observation that one company either stole the concept art from the other, or its the same company that saved some developing costs by importing characters into another game.

As I said in my above post, I judged too quickly without really looking deeper into both games. Im curious though, seeing how many people make that kind of assumtion (about RF stealing L2 character) has there been an official explanation to this?

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• mrbbmanmrbbman Member Posts: 282

This is the only thread I have seen his accusation TBH. They look like the typical Anime Elf. The same elf you see in Record of Lodoss War. It is a common style for elves in Asia. The models are probably a bit similar since they are mimicing a similar style of art from a similar geographic area. I guess to each his own I only see a few resemblences, but saying these are exact copies is a huge stretch.

True Neutral Half-Elf Ranger Mage
    Follower Of Silvanus

Kings of Chaos! Free to play! Great PvP!

• madrugamadruga Member Posts: 226

Look like is not the same.

yes, the RF race CORITES look like elfves, but in storyline they didint show a concrete information that CORITES descending from elves. Further the Corites are a experimental abuse from human in species from Cora system.

But perpheps they copy Lineage2 elves models. who knows....

-----------------
    Oh well !

• N-KoshiN-Koshi Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by b0rderline99
    When i first saw this game i was amazed. it sounded like such an amazing game and the graphics looked really amazing.... which they are. But the gameplay is much less than what i expected. Nearly everyone in the game was a bellato (the race which gets mechs) and the PVE was absolutely horrid.  Though this is a PVP game the CW were only for the highest level players.  Anyone below level 30 would get one shotted and i (though i admit i am a casual type gamer) never reached that in the first month.  The whole time i felt as though this game had the potential to be one of the best out there, they just didnt release ANY content... all the monsters were the same at all 3 starting places and as you fought better monsters, they turned out to be the same also just bigger.  Though i have heard this changes at level 30, EVERYONE was a multi class.  Some people may say that this is not a problem, but in the game i was a ranger, yet i had to max out all of my skills every level (range, defense, melee, and even shield, shield being the worst).  In my opinion this could have been one of the best games ever if it had more content (it only had 2 dungouns in the game and they were not at all worthwhile).  For a hardcore PVPer who has hundreds of hours to devote to leveling (though you cannot currently reach max level because when you reach level 43ish nothing will currently give you experience) this is your game.  If you want ANY good PVE or group events this game is not for you.  Other games have everything this one does and more so dont waste yout 50$ on it.  There is a lot of negative hype about this game for a reason

1. It's a Korean game, what did you expect content and leveling wise? A walk in the park?

2. The PvE is bad yes... that's why it's a PvP game.

3. You don't have to multiclass and max pt's. If you don't you level earlier than the rest, if you do then you'll be more of a versatile character but most likely lower in level.

4. Obviously you didn't play this game a long time saying there is only 2 dungeons.  Last time I check there were at least 6 zones in which you could level post 40.

5. Not a group game? Never went into a guild that had TS or Vent and then tried working together in a Chipwar? I guess not or you're statement would've been different.

6. By now the game is a mere $9.99

Everyone his opinion though, apperently this game wasn't for you. Just setting a couple things straight with my post that are different in my opinion. Just so you know it isn't personal ^^