Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the benefits of playing video games?

Comments

• FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    To escape the hatred, ignorance, intolerance and crap in the real world.  Unfortunately due to f2p a lot of chats are just full of all the stuff people want to get away with.  It even happens in forums like this.  If a particular poster doesn't like your views or opinions they will just follow you around and fail to try bully and harass you into silence.  
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Games keep you busy :smiley:
  • hibikikidhibikikid Member CommonPosts: 14

Playing video games is good for your brain

• bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    The more video games you play, the less highly you will get STD or get married and lose half your assets after a divorce
    ConstantineMerusJeffSpicolicheyane
  • erichoffmanerichoffman Member UncommonPosts: 11

Some research on digital games suggests that games are a good source for learning and remembering. Group use of educational games has a positive effect on academic success and social relations of people. Individual games also evoke thoughts, reflections, and creativity. People get acquainted with new technologies through the game. Also, computer games usually increase excitement, the speed of action, level of familiarization with technology and the power of our imagination
    Gdemami
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    bennylong said:
    The more video games you play, the less highly you will get STD or get married and lose half your assets after a divorce

ScotPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    From better reflexes to diplomacy and management training in guilds, from the mental training of puzzle solving to expanding your horizons with people of different nationalities.

It is training for life, career and a gym for the mind, does it have to do more than that? :)
    ConstantineMerusGdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    Hand-eye coordination is developed.  Video gaming is sometimes used in physical therapy to help develop the hand-eye coordination, iirc.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Hand-eye coordination is developed.  Video gaming is sometimes used in physical therapy to help develop the hand-eye coordination, iirc.
    I don't think that's a real thing. You are getting worse every year! :( 
    JeffSpicoli
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    What do you mean?

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You get to meet fat, middle aged, unshaven and unbathed men pretending to be svelte, large chested, wood elves.
    JeffSpicoli

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

What do you mean?
    It was a joke? As in your hand-eye coordination getting worse every year so gaming doesn't have any effects? Now that I think about, I should've gone with a 'sense of humor' joke instead! ;)
    Phry

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    What do you mean?
    It was a joke? As in your hand-eye coordination getting worse every year so gaming doesn't have any effects? Now that I think about, I should've gone with a 'sense of humor' joke instead! ;)
    Lol I over thought it.  I was like "does he mean hand-eye coordination isn't real?" :D 
    ConstantineMerus

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    When the Nintendo Wi was hot they were putting them in retirement homes and alot of seniors were actually into it, true story
    MadFrenchieConstantineMerusPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

What do you mean?
    Lol I over thought it.  I was like "does he mean hand-eye coordination isn't real?" :D 
    Over-thinking is the curse of Super Users! :blush:

thunderC said:
    When the Nintendo Wi was hot they were putting them in retirement homes and alot of seniors were actually into it, true story
    Yeah, I've read about "Wii-hab" for motor skills and muscle therapy after broken bones and torn muscles and such.  Helps keep the patient motivated to work on motion and strength!

Cool to see these things getting used for objective goods to society.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    thunderC said:
    Yeah, I've read about "Wii-hab" for motor skills and muscle therapy after broken bones and torn muscles and such.  Helps keep the patient motivated to work on motion and strength!

Cool to see these things getting used for objective goods to society.
    He is back, beret and all. :)
  • vendetta54vendetta54 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Hello friends I'm looking for a new RPG game. I want to have the game knight online style game I want to play. If you have feedback or advice please help me waiting

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Necro'ed a 6 month old topic, to post something totally off topic.. color me impressed.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Necro'ed a 6 month old topic, to post something totally off topic.. color me impressed.
    So how's the family? Oh did you buy that sump pump in the end?
    Ungood

Ungood said:
    So how's the family? Oh did you buy that sump pump in the end?
    This is some serious fucking humor folks! 
    ConstantineMerus
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    You always know that you have something cool and exciting to do when you're back home. You know that you have more choice than people who only read books or watch TV series. There're dozen of worlds in which you can get involved. That's pure magic
    GdemamiUngoodultimateduck
    You always know that you have something cool and exciting to do when you're back home. You know that you have more choice than people who only read books or watch TV series. There're dozen of worlds in which you can get involved. That's pure magic
    I like this answer.
    Octagon7711

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Necro post. I thought I had seen it before.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    ...you can say the same about crack waiting for you to get home, however I would hesitate to list it as a "benefit".