Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Spellborn Reborn

Heyo everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers this hidden gem, https://spellborn.org/ but it is back and in closed beta. Join the Discord and Forums to learn how to join.
seratinAstraeis

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    well hell , this would be great news .. Game was alotta fun and ahead of its time

mmolou
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    yeh i played this game ,it was different and had an original feel to it,cheers will check it out.
    Scorchien
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    it is pretty impressive so far. server isn't the best but donations will allow them to upgrade it to a better one when available. they have pretty much all bugs fixed, even content that was never released.
  • seratinseratin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I had completely written this game off as lost, it's been a while but I remember it had some pretty unique features to it.  Be great to see it revived.
    seratin said:
    I had completely written this game off as lost, it's been a while but I remember it had some pretty unique features to it.  Be great to see it revived.
    oh it is already revived, come join everyone and help test
  • Mitchel123Mitchel123 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The program keeps running at the application server level and has autonomous specialized circulation. Since the module is automatic, any dimension can be introduced on an alternate PC or an alternate server to work self-rulingly.

For More Info:- http://saptraininginstitutenoida.in/best-sap-bw-training-course-noida.html 
    Gutlard
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Is this official and legal, or someone trying to revive abandoned software whose official owner no longer cares, or leaked code that someone is likely to try to shut down?
    Quizzical said:
    Is this official and legal, or someone trying to revive abandoned software whose official owner no longer cares, or leaked code that someone is likely to try to shut down?
    old dev has code
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Interesting might take a look when I get bored with COH.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Mostly curious if they are taking any efforts to revamp the skill/combat system. The rotating quick bar had novelty, but really didn't assist depth and kind of obfuscated the core gameplay loop.

The receptiveness of the raycasting for combat was good though.
    Gdemami
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    CoS was a unique game....I remember liking the world but the tutorial and the combat were a little wierd.
    Sovrath
    Limnic said:
    Mostly curious if they are taking any efforts to revamp the skill/combat system. The rotating quick bar had novelty, but really didn't assist depth and kind of obfuscated the core gameplay loop.

The receptiveness of the raycasting for combat was good though.
    no changes will be made outside of bugs.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Does THQ Nordic know someone's trying to steal their Thunder?!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

Gutlard said:
    Does THQ Nordic know someone's trying to steal their Thunder?!

Gut Out!
    ...what thunder ???
  • ArmaelorArmaelor Member UncommonPosts: 7
    beautiful game. Come and play!
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Amazing. It really works. Great job.

It takes one to know one.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The game was not good enough for many reasons and why it disappeared.

Is it a "decent" game,well yes when compared to the hundreds of crappy games i see coming through the turnstiles.However being better than the thousands of bad games doesn't really mean i should play it,i have better options in the mmorpg genre.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Wizardry said:

Is it a "decent" game,well yes when compared to the hundreds of crappy games i see coming through the turnstiles.However being better than the thousands of bad games doesn't really mean i should play it,i have better options in the mmorpg genre.
    I’m shocked. 
    Asm0deus
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Wizardry said:

I’m shocked. 
    I am too, what are these fabled and elusive "options in the mmorpg genre" that Wizardry deems worth playing?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited June 2019
    Wizardry said:

Of course you do, but personally I am happy I am able to play this game again.

As to why it failed. I think bad business decisions were the main reason. This video reminds me of all the ways they shot themselves in the foot.

It takes one to know one.