Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic Interview: Release Date & Preserving a Legend - MMORPG.com

Comments

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited May 2019
    here's the thing.
    i too was a vanilla wow player.....my starting server back in 2004 was anvilmar.....
    my ending server was medivh. i to played with miss Lea who saved my ass more than once in the game.
    i also remeber when Final fantasy 11 came out in 2001 every one was playing that faithfully everyday after school...for yrs....until wow hit the scene!!!! then i watched ff11's demise.....they just never came back they went to wow and stayed .
    my point is going back is good cause u remeber how things use to be. but wow has come a long way!!!!
    and some of us want to move foward !!!not go back. i mean i get it....but i bought a 5k gaming rig to play the high end games comming out in 2020..not to try and run 32bit games that after playing games in 4k rezz for the last 2yrs that would be a wierd adjustment lol ...put it this way im sure most peeps would rather see wow run in dx 12 vulcan with new character models rather than in the old 32bit models. and call it wow 2020. now that would be exciting. but i do get it..........but its almost 2020 guys the tech age!! not 2004. i mean dont cha think its time to move foward. i mean my dad just bought a tesla 3....I HATE IT. i liked our old car....he said its time to move foward ...i said yea...right dad.
    Post edited by dekkion1 on
    Halibrand[Deleted User]ZenerenTacticalZombeh
    gammer 4 life
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    SBFord said:
    August 27th, folks! Who's stoked!? :)
    Point of order, for those in the US we get it on August 26th..this from MassivelyOP.

": World of Warcraft Classic is now set to launch on August 27th – actually, in the US, it’s the evening of August 26th “to align with other regions.” "

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    As  "For the Horde", motly crew of otherworld  invaders and people that don't know to stay dead once they are killed, ie  the Forsaken.   FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2019
    Kyleran said:
    SBFord said:
    Point of order, for those in the US we get it on August 26th..this from MassivelyOP.

": World of Warcraft Classic is now set to launch on August 27th – actually, in the US, it’s the evening of August 26th “to align with other regions.” "

;)
    The press announcement said the 27th as did the image we were given in the press package from the event. So I'm going with that. There's a link to the blue post with the time zone releases worldwide that people can make reference to.

Given that 99.2% (yes, I made this number up) of the world launches Classic on the 27th and 3 time zones in the US launch on the 26th, I figured the 27th was statistically more accurate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136

Kyleran said:

SBFord said:

;)

Point of order:

There's no talking outside of 'Point of Order'.

End Point of Order.
    [Deleted User]Leiros
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This sounds rushed. No proper testing time.
    JeffSpicoliGdemamiLeiros
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I got some real life friends looking to jump into this, too.  One is building a PC for to be ready when it drops as we speak.

Interesting times.
    JeffSpicoli

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019
    I got some real life friends looking to jump into this, too.  One is building a PC for to be ready when it drops as we speak.

Interesting times.
    He's building a PC  for classic WOW ? WTF ?! I played this shit on a gateway with on board graphics card. Iron Forge was a slide show and i loved every minute of it. 

Panther2103[Deleted User]MadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019

Stizzled said:

Albatroes said:

This sounds rushed. No proper testing time.

Three and a half months isn't long enough to test a 15 year old game?

It won't be perfect on release, nothing ever is, but I'm sure it will have had enough internal and external testing by August.

Remove the excitement for a bit and look at 2 main points: 1) the cbt 'phase(s)' are 'small-scale, focused closed betas (nothing really new),' 2) >>> Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. <<<. Tin-foil hat theory, they're trying to raise their quarterly numbers. If this was going to be properly tested, it would've honestly started earlier this year. Vanilla wow isn't exactly small...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Interesting times.
    He's building a PC  for classic WOW ? WTF ?! I played this shit on a gateway with on board graphics card. Iron Forge was a slide show and i loved every minute of it. 

I played it on a gateway with onboard as well. I remember how bad it was loading into Orgrimmar and having it take upwards of 5 minutes to get to a stable 10 fps. It was beautiful. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Renfail said:

Our Saga of Lucimia gaming community is already 50 strong and growing :) We can't wait. 

FOR THE ALLIANCE! :) 

Alliance was only good after getting Draenei and Worgen. Prior to that, the only decent race were NE. Who wants to play a stupid human or gnome lol. Especially when you can be an Orc, Tauren or undead. Horde>Alliance.
    SBFordZeneren
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I've been a Member here since Sep 2004 and Closed Beta of WoW. I have followed everything about WoW here over the years, some I responded to others I just lurked.
    I am beyond excited to go back in Time with MMORPG and Classic. <3
    mike32927

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Renfail said:

Our Saga of Lucimia gaming community is already 50 strong and growing :) We can't wait. 

FOR THE ALLIANCE! :) 

Alliance was only good after getting Draenei and Worgen. Prior to that, the only decent race were NE. Who wants to play a stupid human or gnome lol. Especially when you can be an Orc, Tauren or undead. Horde>Alliance.
    How many Night Elves does it take to shingle a roof?

Depends how thin you slice them  >:)
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonTacticalZombehgervaise1

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'll at least try it when it releases, but from the beta previews I just can't......the combat/animations just did not age well lol.  
    Zeneren
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Interesting times.

Hahaha he doesn't currently have a PC, only a work laptop.  So he was looking to get back into PC gaming, and is excited for WoW and some RTSs.
    [Deleted User]Phry

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    i started wow about 4 weeks before the first expat so im looking forward to signing up from the start, at least do a month, see if i still gives me the buzz it roginally did, i get the resurect Quazal the Shammy , back when shammies had places :D 
    Would be too much to ask if the servers were called their original names as well i suppose at least then people could join their old servers in hope of finding long lost contacts :disappointed:

For the Horde..

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2019
    SBFord said:
    Kyleran said:
    SBFord said:

;)
    The press announcement said the 27th as did the image we were given in the press package from the event. So I'm going with that. There's a link to the blue post with the time zone releases worldwide that people can make reference to.

Given that 99.2% (yes, I made this number up) of the world launches Classic on the 27th and 3 time zones in the US launch on the 26th, I figured the 27th was statistically more accurate.
    I see what you were trying to do there.  

Well, from a US centric viewpoint, very important to know the "real" date is the 26th.

Can't let the rest of the world get a jump start on us.  (As if)

;)

SBFord

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Just FYI and this may have been covered and discussed here already and I missed it, but they came out with information on their answer to 'sharding."  Its called "layering," which is like a full server shard.  So it isn't restricted to just lower levels and it will end some time before phase 2.  A lot of people on their forum seem angry about it.  Personally, I'd like some assurance it will end no more than a month after live.  I'm not against the idea to solve the initial rush, queue, and starting zone quest/mob bottlenecks.  
    Phry
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Anyone know if they plan to let people use add-ons in Vanilla?
    I really hope not, since they have destroyed PVP in retail.
    [Deleted User]
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    will be interesting to see how the long the popularity of classic lasts.........
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I just can't get excited about something I've already done. Really don't have any interest in doing it again, I'd just as soon move on to new things.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    F2Plague said:
    Anyone know if they plan to let people use add-ons in Vanilla?
    I really hope not, since they have destroyed PVP in retail.
    Yes, but with the modern API from what I understand.  So new addons will work (or need to be tweaked for the older content or UI), old ones will not.  

Same for macros - it will use the new system so you won't be able to have the same functionality you did during vanilla.  No combining abilities, etc.  
    Phry
  • SunshineeSunshinee Member UncommonPosts: 14
    As someone who started his mmorpg life with vanilla wow at a young age and has accomplished almost the highest difficulty / highest tier of different types of expansions including being in top raiding guild in Vanilla itself. I can't be anything but greatly disappointed at this. Vanilla WoW was easily the most boring experience for me personally and the improvements over the following expansions really enhanced the game for me greatly. Hard not to look at this and think this is what it has come to?

With all that said I am super happy for the folks who are getting this and genuinely happy to go back to this. I personally don't get it but i'm glad for you guys because you don't see this type of thing happen for a lot of other games people wish would come back for them. This is awesome to see for the community. Drinking after every pull? shoot me now LOL have fun folks
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    the most important issue is listening to what the community wants; if Blizzard can do this, then the future of WoW Classic, in whatever form that may be,is assured.
    Gdemami
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Playing this game will stall the progress of Blizzard being forced to work on another big MMORPG, boytcott this garbage they coulden't let people play on private servers cuz they wanted to make profits on it, they just wants profits, we should draw a line. Also why take 100 steps back instead of calling for a new beautiful MMORPG but with a more vanilla setting "more utility, skills, and less constrained
    [Deleted User]