Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Made You Pledge?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
I'm talking about after the success from Kickstarter. Been really interested in paying for the $50 Patron Starter package but wondering why others before have pledge to play the game? Just curious on what made you guys pledge. 

Thanks! 

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    I haven't pledged yet, tho it's somewhat random in my case - I could do it easily for so many reasons. 

Anyway, at this point I wouldn't pledge to play the game and I wouldn't recommend anyone pledging for that reason alone - Crowfall is not a game yet, but an alpha testing environment; And I believe it will stay so till at least 2019.
     W...aaagh?
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited June 2018
    I pledged a long time ago because I loved Shasowbane. Still not a ton to do in-game.  I log in every other month or so to see what's new. It's not at a point where you'd be sinking a lot of hours into it playing,  but if you want to support development by all mean pledge. 
    JamesGoblin
  • SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 36
    not pledge and will never do..I will wait for the game to be release and check it out.
    MendelOctagon7711krgwynne
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    not pledge and will never do..I will wait for the game to be release and check it out.
    It will require a completed game.  Then any money I turn over to them will not be a 'pledge' or 'donation' or a 'gift', but a 'purchase'.  I've yet to see any game company with a 501C charitable status.
    bentrimGdemamiOctagon7711

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Waiting to see how it turns out also.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299

" a fool and his money are soon parted"    HOW TRUE!!!

JamesGoblinWhiskeydust
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    I pledged because I liked the idea of the game.... still do. Though I see flaws in the design, and really don't see it as an MMO exactly, but it is shaping up really well and I LOVE the races.
    Truvidien88Gdemami

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2018
    Mendel said:
    It will require a completed game.  Then any money I turn over to them will not be a 'pledge' or 'donation' or a 'gift', but a 'purchase'.  I've yet to see any game company with a 501C charitable status.
    When they have a completed game, I'll pay for it. That is what Siniestroh said, and i agree with that. There is nothing charitable about selling a finished product. That is doing business.

Some may pledge to crowdfunding, and that is fine. I like to pay for finished products.

• FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    It is Shadowbane II in many ways meshed with SWG crafting and player economy.    The backgrounds of the Devs is solid making the risk of vaporware lower than any crowdfunded Indy title to date.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    ... the more I think about it.. the more I think I confused Crowfall with Camelot Unchained.. that's gonna be a a few hundred dollar fuck up if I am wrong..

Truvidien88JamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    I pledge because they solved the winner dilemma in conquest games by making every campaign time limited.  I invested in the company because there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be successful as a company.

The game is still very much in early stages; however, they have the bulk of the core mechancis done: skills, combat (needs some touch up and balance) player economy base (how everything works together), and sieges are solid. Once they start putting things in like world bosses, more pve content, dynamic quest, etc the worlds will flourish. 
    JamesGoblinWhiskeydust

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    So, another 18 more months till launch ya think?

;)
    JamesGoblinHatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    i would but it looks to much like albion online which seemed good to start but really isnt good just my opinion though and ill still buy it when it comes out to see if its good but not pledging any games any more to many failures have been released in the past that i wasted money on.
    Kyleran said:
    So, another 18 more months till launch ya think?

;)

Until launch? Unsure. With the core mechanics largely done and 5.9 around the corner (probably this month) which is supposed to have a ton of additions it could be launched in March of 2020. It all depends on how quickly they can pump out the required PvE content that's not in the game yet and how much work is needed to be done for the other world game sets.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

edited May 2019
    I pledged when the kick starter was first announced because the devs stated that this game's crafting/gathering system would be like SWG's.  Fast forward to today, and nothing could be further from the truth.  Nothing about the crafting/gathering system resembles SWG's.  I check in once a month, but it seems they adopted the Star Citizen approach to crowd funding.  I like to refer to Crowfall as the poor man's Star Citizen.    
    What? It really is on a fundamental level. What's missing is the "uniques", but the crafting system itself is. You can mix and match different subsets of materials to get different equipment stats. https://crowfall.club/crafting
    JamesGoblinHatefull

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I recently backed Crowfall and I am very happy I did. There is already (still in pre-alpha) a lot of depth to the game.

Before I go further: Yes, there are bugs, instability, balance issues, and incomplete systems. Having said that, this game has a great foundation. Great bones if you will, what needs to happen now is exactly what one should expect from an Alpha product. It needs to be fleshed out and the glue put in place to hold everything together, then polish.

This is not the game to end all games, it will not be for everyone and it will probably turn a lot of people away. If you do not like PvP, OWPVP where you WILL lose stuff, this is not your game. Also if you are a hardcore PvP lover where you can completely destroy someone's game just by ganking them over and over, this isn't for you either. You get to keep whatever you have equipped when you die.

If you are the middle of the road person that enjoys PvP without a scumbag community, where teamwork is key (more on this in a second) and having a good guild is important, then you will most likely enjoy this title.

Teamwork - one of the big challenges I see the developers facing is how to balance factions and how to make skill greater than the zerg. One system I really think has a lot of value is between each campaign, or more accurately before each new campaign starts, you can switch factions. This allows big guilds to support the faction they like and allows the small/mid-sized guilds to move about and try to balance the faction. At this point, it is starting to happen. The dominant factions major guilds have quit recruiting at this point in an attempt to get people to play the other factions. 

Balancing classes - Not in the traditional way but in such a way as to make a zerg not worth it. Right now numbers will smash skill and it will take someone much smarter than I am to figure out how to manage that.

It seems like they have toned down the visual effects. The combat is pretty fluid and TTK seems like it is in a good spot. This is not a gank fest game, yes Assassins can do heaps of damage, but others can do heaps of mitigation. Knowing your enemy and playing tactically is far more important than doing high burst. Obviously, if you jump someone 4 hs 1 or 2, you will probably win. In close to even fights, however, it comes down to better skill. As stated above, there is some work that needs to be done to tune this.

If I were to give advice on backing or not backing, I would say give it two more months and ask me. I feel like we are on the cusp of some big changes and right now, I have no way of knowing how the cards will fall.
    Truvidien88tweedledumb99KyleranFrykka

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• PrometeuPrometeu Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I've been playing mmos since 2003 - SWG. On Crowfall first I was sold on the idea. After that every move they've made development wise it made sense to me. They did develop without any NDA so you could see the blood pumping- really high risk- and that's why the internet is full of outdated stuff. Even stuff 1 month old is sometimes heavily outdated.
    There are many reviews on youtube made on hearsay or stuff that has stopped being relevant years ago.
    This pre-alpha is in a much better state then many mmo's I've played at release and I've hardly missed any (maybe some 2Moons because I played 9 Dragons :smile: )
    Frykka

Always a Keeper of The Dark Side [KDS]
    Visit us at www.kdsguild.org