Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft's 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition Details - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft's 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition Details - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft is getting ready to celebrate its fifteenth anniversary. No momentous occasion such as this would be complete without an amazing commemorative collector’s edition and a plethora of in-game festivities that will yield some fantastic rewards for players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @billmurphy is already hyperventilating over the Collector's Edition. :D
    SovrathWhiteLanternachesoma

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Hard to believe five years has already gone by since the 10th anniversary ;) 
    SBFord

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited May 2019
    They offer in game mounts... Brace for the purists getting mad at this ?
    The CE isn't for Classic. It's for retail BfA WoW where the mounts will be rewarded. They will not appear in Classic. That's a whole separate game for all intents and purposes.
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    I probably would have bought this, if they still had my soul. I snatched mine back about 10 years ago.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    this is pretty cool and a true collectors item, as in it only really matters to people who like to collect stuff. That is the intended market and it is a very resonable product for that segment.

Not sure if people who where there in the old days really need or should have a constant reminder of Ragnaros around them tho.. It could trigger flashbacks.. =P
    SBFord

This have been a good conversation

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I wonder if flying will be open by then.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Great. I really want this. I wasn't planning on spending another hundred on this game. Bahhhhhhhh
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I had the original CE back at launch. Tossed it and the account after about six months. Came back years later and hated myself because I lost the CE pet. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited May 2019
    Amathe said:
    I had the original CE back at launch. Tossed it and the account after about six months. Came back years later and hated myself because I lost the CE pet. 
    WoWHead found out that, if you still own the original CE, there will be a way to unlock the pet from it in the "new" Classic. :D

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291717/brian-birmingham-and-patrick-dawson-from-wow-classic-on-vanilla-collector-s-edit

For Classic WoW, one interesting thing is that if you have the original Collector's Edition on the account you are still playing on, we have restored the ability for you to get the pet. But they will be just as exclusive as they were back in the day. No plans for the vanilla collector's edition to go back on sale.

Amathe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    That "statue" is not appealing what so ever. I never quite understood why they try to go with "flame" based designs when it comes to 3D printed (manufactured) products, you can never truly emulate the "flame" look in any acceptable manner. As a result all you get is a weird blobby look, which in this case is exactly what happened.

Out of all the "characters/monsters/bosses" they could have chosen, they had to go with that one (Ragnaros). Would have preferred they just did the hammer instead and put more detail into it, or better yet a set piece. Heck how about a chess set themed after Tarren Mill (joking).
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Soooo tempting. And I haven't played in years.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    in for 2, 1 for open, 1 for keep sealed, everything collector edition from blizzard, is instant BUY !!