Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Take a Peek at Two Hours of Peria Chronicles from Its Korean Testing Phase

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Take a Peek at Two Hours of Peria Chronicles from Its Korean Testing Phase

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    remind me of final fantasy music, i will definally wait on this

• KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    My body is ready!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019
    I wont lie, an eyebrow was raised in interest watching this. DON'T FK IT UP NEXON.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Combat looks.....awkward.
    Gentrifried_Chickenmisrossk
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so what? pokemon with a trainer who can fight too?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    None of the sandbox features were in this build of the game, I am very curious about that, and how it will work with the rest of the game. This is one of very few games I am watching for the future.
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I love the art style.
    Might be playing that one just for the art.
    sschrupp
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Deyirn said:

This looks good, but I don't get why games such as this have to have different versions, like Korean, Japanese, Western... Why can't they just have one global version with different servers instead?

Lack of insight. I'm pretty sure regionalizing these games actually loses them a lot of potential business. What, you are Japanese and want to play a game in Japanese localization (which exists) but you live in Europe? F*%k you buddy! We don't want your relocated trash money!
    Gdemami
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019

Deyirn said:

This looks good, but I don't get why games such as this have to have different versions, like Korean, Japanese, Western... Why can't they just have one global version with different servers instead?

Lack of insight. I'm pretty sure regionalizing these games actually loses them a lot of potential business. What, you are Japanese and want to play a game in Japanese localization (which exists) but you live in Europe? F*%k you buddy! We don't want your relocated trash money!
    It isn't quite that simple. Each region has laws that games need to adhere in terms of what is actually in the game and as well as payment methods. The chinese market is a prime example since they dont allow skeletons in their games or subscriptions, thus is why you'll see separate versions for them and the korean market. Carrying on about the chinese market, most game companies are closely tied to the chinese government so certain files and things need to be added to their clients since every chinese citizen has all their internet information tied to their social security number (social media ids/game account ids/etc, pretty crazy over there).
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Albatroes said:

Deyirn said:

It isn't quite that simple. Each region has laws that games need to adhere in terms of what is actually in the game and as well as payment methods. The chinese market is a prime example since they dont allow skeletons in their games or subscriptions, thus is why you'll see separate versions for them and the korean market. Carrying on about the chinese market, most game companies are closely tied to the chinese government so certain files and things need to be added to their clients since every chinese citizen has all their internet information tied to their social security number (social media ids/game account ids/etc, pretty crazy over there).
    I'm fully aware of that. And you will have to manage all of that stuff for each region anyway, and any regional restrictions or idiosyncrasies don't need to be locked to the localization files. And the regional laws and policies you have to adhere to will be the same no matter what game you are making so you will need to have a solid handle on that anyway. But once you have that it can be applied to any future games. I believe having a global game that is as region free as possible will be more profitable than releasing the game over time in certain regions. 

Just like there are engines to aid in development, there should be a globalization framework to ease the process.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Release this on PS4 and im Sold

So What Now?

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Love the art style. Hopefully not too action oriented and I am sold.