Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

2»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited May 2019
    I don't mind games that are in chapters when each chapter is the size of a typical game. That seems to be the case here. It's more like what Blizz did with Starcraft II or like Mass Effect 1-3 being the full story, from what they've said.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited May 2019
    Expanding Midgar to be a full game wouldn't be too hard.  It was always an underutilized setting where the game teased about so much more being there than what you were allowed to explore.  Pre-Midgar and Post-Midgar kinda feel like separate games even in the original FFVII anyways (in terms of both story-telling style, atmosphere, gameplay presentation, themes and villains... practically everything besides combat mechanics, really, and even the combat battles are different in lots of ways since it's before a lot of later combat mechanics come into play including but not limited to summons, links, choice of limit break, choice of party members, etc).

It's expanding what happens AFTER Midgar to be more than one game without it either dragging on or feeling disjointed that I personally find hard to imagine.  Right off the bat, the next game starting out outside Midgar (assuming the first game ends with Midgar) would feel kinda… strange, IMHO. And I'm not really sure how you could decently divvy up the overworld between multiple games without it seeming like a hack cut and paste job.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited May 2019
    This game looks great. I'm not really happy about it being split up into chapters. So like a few others have said, I'll wait till it all releases before I pick it up.
    Post edited by MrMelGibson on
    [Deleted User]
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Arterius said:

voltt said:

Not sure but is this still turned base or action like some of the more recent FF games?

Seems to be like the combat of Kingdom hearts when you slow down the trailer. The R2 and L2 buttons switch characters, you press L1 to bring up a sub menu with quick access to select magic or items. Square seems to be a basic attack and Triangle seems to be a heavy attack.

thats what it looks like to me too. im passing on this unless its turn based.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Phry said:

FF VII is to me at least, the best one of all, closely followed by VIII ans XIV:ARR, however, for this to be a console exclusive would be a waste, i am sick and tired of those kinds of scummy tactics, so unless its on PC, i'll pass. :/

so you're all against console exclusives but are you against PC only? or is it because PC is YOUR platform of choice?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, cause chapters turned out well for them (X/X-2 + XIII/-2/Lightning Returns with the XIII series almost bankrupting the company). Honestly, VII's story was mediocre at best (to me) but what really made the game good was all the side/hidden stuff that you could do. Sure you could speed through the entire game in 30-40 hours or you could do everything and have it take up to 100~ hours. The only real way I see this turning out half way decent in the end is if they take the crisis core approach (which they really should port to the pc).
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    7 was i think the very last game in the FF series i purchased.I never liked what i saw in previous years so never bothered.After playing it,not really as good as all the hype made it out to be,i still cherish FF3 as being innovative and the basis to which FFXI online was designed.

So i won't be buying this,i already have little interest if any to play the Steam version i already own.

I feel Square has a different direction in game design now,imo not the correct direction but i guess if catering to the masses for profits,sure go nuts.

Here is the thing about a FFVII remake,they said NO....NO and more NO's for several years.So obviously when they finally tried a few cheaper remakes and did well,it is all about the money.So knowing this is ONLY a money grab off a successful game,i don't feel much passion will be put into the remake.
    If i see some video gameplay by a reputable You Tuber,i might look further into it but as is,FFVII is really not worth ANOTHER purchase and that considering i likely bought 6-8 versions of FFXI so it is not about the money for me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    I refuse to play a FF game if it doesn't have turn by turn combat system

I don't want the AI to control my team, they should have never remaked this game if it's to change its DNA, that's stupid imo
    Warlyx
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    As someone who owns close to 40 FF titles all versions combined I can securely say that FFVII wouldn’t even make my top 3. And although this version looks stunning it also looks fairly far removed from the original.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

OG_Zorvan said:

I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.

Similar for me,i loved FFX ,i can't say enough good things about the scripting,passionate personalities of the characters.
    To me Yuna was the most iconic npc i have ever encountered,with Tidus being a very close second.I did not get any feeling of passionate script writing or characters in FFVII,just a band of thugs doing whatever.

I think FVII was meant to cater to that rebellious crowd while 10 was for the people who wanted a passionate game,one with a boat load of feeling put into it.geesh even the lesser characters played such a big role,the Wakka's ,Riku ,most games you remember 1-2 main characters and within FVII i have a hard time recalling anything.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Scellow said:

I refuse to play a FF game if it doesn't have turn by turn combat system

I don't want the AI to control my team, they should have never remaked this game if it's to change its DNA, that's stupid imo

this , i despise what they have done to my favorite rpg series :( , we can only hope for FFXVI coming back to what made FF so cool , ATB , Turns i dont care , i want my FF games back
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

Wizardry said:

OG_Zorvan said:

I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.

Similar for me,i loved FFX ,i can't say enough good things about the scripting,passionate personalities of the characters.

To me Yuna was the most iconic npc i have ever encountered,with Tidus being a very close second.I did not get any feeling of passionate script writing or characters in FFVII,just a band of thugs doing whatever.

I think FVII was meant to cater to that rebellious crowd while 10 was for the people who wanted a passionate game,one with a boat load of feeling put into it.geesh even the lesser characters played such a big role,the Wakka's ,Riku ,most games you remember 1-2 main characters and within FVII i have a hard time recalling anything.

oh come on before FFX

IV had a love story

VIII had a fun love-story with Squall and Rinoa

IX has another love-story , but it has Vivi and Vivi is what made FFIX for me , is just one of the best characters on the franchise.

btw cant wait to see Nanaki on action ....that would be a cool char to play , same goes for yuffie , ninja action !
    MrMelGibson
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Bah it is action based. I guess I will pass then.
    Chamber of Chains
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    ❤️❤️❤️

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Pass, VII was the worst in the series. I even prefer VIII over it.

Maybe as a kid the grind to level up the materia is what made me hate the game. I really cannot remember. I just always never understood how this was probably the most famous and popular FF game.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Inb4 it becomes another hot 6/10 from Squenix. I swear if they fuck this up, there is no hope.
    [Deleted User]