Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are we here ¿

2»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Great input from you all so far, but Its not that i only like fast and easy games.i dont even like overwatch..i hate batle royal games..i want a game where i can log in and progress.

Its just BDO looks so damm boring it reminds me of a trading game. I dont even understand why you can cast spells when its not needet for anything because you are to busy gathering or tale care of ur farmers or pets and what not. Also it takes hours to run from town to town when you dont have a horse that you also need to breed and take care of..zzzz yaawn.

And i know DND isent ment for kidz, but its p2w game and also outdated..i think it was on the edge to die anyway.

I guess i liked wow because it was new and the golden mmorpg era was 1995 to 2000 ish

I dont even think there is any games for me..i try to like em all..but there is no pulse

Minor Corrections:

DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) is pay to play. Since you said you like the Golden Era of games, well then you would remember that Back in the Golden Era of MMO's the games were not free. DDO offers players the option to Pay a Sub for full access, or buy the content directly, or grind for it. But, it's Pay to Play.

On a personal note, I am never ceased to be amazed when people sing the praise of the Sub based model and tell me how they played WoW paying the sub for years to play game, but when they get to a game like DDO that asks them for money to access the content, suddenly they don't want to pay to play. That Irony will never be lost on me.

Also, DDO is still doing as well as it ever was, it just celebrated 13 years still kicking along, just put out it's 4th expansions, and is still putting out constant content updates, and has not needed to fire half its staff, so it's doing better than some other games out there that are much younger.

BDO (Black Desert Online) Yah.. I'll give you, the mundane stuff in that game, that is not running around and killing things can come across as boring if that is not what you like to do. At the same time, some people positively love that stuff, they enjoy just talking with the NPC's, or working the node systems, or capturing and training horses, or crafting, I have had guild mates build massive ships and others with stables full of horses, that were only like level 28, because "Run around and kill stuff" was not what they found fun. So, keep in mind something being "Boring" is purely a matter of opinion, each player needs to find their own fun, which is why there are a lot of different games, each with their own way of doing things.

With all that said.

Why don't you tell me what are you looking for?

Chances are, you could just be in Burnout, I had that hit me as well when I left GW2, I simply could not get into an MMO for several months, and just hopped around with this massive feeling of "Meh" to all these games.

For me, it was not that they were bad, but they were simply not enjoyable. It felt like I was playing the same games re-skinned for the most part.

I can fully grasp if that is where you are at with your game time right now.

Now, if you are just looking for some kind of Spark, I would suggest Crowfall, but, when you get in, you will have to join a guild. This is not a solo friendly game, this is a team based game. It's also in Development, I think Beta 2 now, not 100% sure where it is at, but anyway, it's still in development, but you can still access it and play it, and get involved with it, join a guild now, so when it launches you will be ready to pwn some noobs.. LOL. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    Ungood said:
    Great input from you all so far, but Its not that i only like fast and easy games.i dont even like overwatch..i hate batle royal games..i want a game where i can log in and progress.

Its just BDO looks so damm boring it reminds me of a trading game. I dont even understand why you can cast spells when its not needet for anything because you are to busy gathering or tale care of ur farmers or pets and what not. Also it takes hours to run from town to town when you dont have a horse that you also need to breed and take care of..zzzz yaawn.

And i know DND isent ment for kidz, but its p2w game and also outdated..i think it was on the edge to die anyway.

I guess i liked wow because it was new and the golden mmorpg era was 1995 to 2000 ish

I dont even think there is any games for me..i try to like em all..but there is no pulse

Minor Corrections:

DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) is pay to play. Since you said you like the Golden Era of games, well then you would remember that Back in the Golden Era of MMO's the games were not free. DDO offers players the option to Pay a Sub for full access, or buy the content directly, or grind for it. But, it's Pay to Play.

On a personal note, I am never ceased to be amazed when people sing the praise of the Sub based model and tell me how they played WoW paying the sub for years to play game, but when they get to a game like DDO that asks them for money to access the content, suddenly they don't want to pay to play. That Irony will never be lost on me.

Also, DDO is still doing as well as it ever was, it just celebrated 13 years still kicking along, just put out it's 4th expansions, and is still putting out constant content updates, and has not needed to fire half its staff, so it's doing better than some other games out there that are much younger.

BDO (Black Desert Online) Yah.. I'll give you, the mundane stuff in that game, that is not running around and killing things can come across as boring if that is not what you like to do. At the same time, some people positively love that stuff, they enjoy just talking with the NPC's, or working the node systems, or capturing and training horses, or crafting, I have had guild mates build massive ships and others with stables full of horses, that were only like level 28, because "Run around and kill stuff" was not what they found fun. So, keep in mind something being "Boring" is purely a matter of opinion, each player needs to find their own fun, which is why there are a lot of different games, each with their own way of doing things.

With all that said.

Why don't you tell me what are you looking for?

Chances are, you could just be in Burnout, I had that hit me as well when I left GW2, I simply could not get into an MMO for several months, and just hopped around with this massive feeling of "Meh" to all these games.

For me, it was not that they were bad, but they were simply not enjoyable. It felt like I was playing the same games re-skinned for the most part.

I can fully grasp if that is where you are at with your game time right now.

Now, if you are just looking for some kind of Spark, I would suggest Crowfall, but, when you get in, you will have to join a guild. This is not a solo friendly game, this is a team based game. It's also in Development, I think Beta 2 now, not 100% sure where it is at, but anyway, it's still in development, but you can still access it and play it, and get involved with it, join a guild now, so when it launches you will be ready to pwn some noobs.. LOL. 
    Ur right..im right in the middel of this so called burnout time. Its Gamer depression.
    Then i found warframe and had a good time until im bored cuz there is no endgame to it.
    you can farm stuff and sell for plat or do pvp or sometimes they make a weekly boss you can solo..thats it !

Help me find spark :D

I liked everything wow had, so im looking for that. I want to be a king again haha
    grind my self up from nothing to furtunes.

There MOST be a game out there

And i allready tryed ESO..its not bad but "meh"

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Ungood said:
    That is pretty bad, I agree. For me, I am cynical enough that any different MMO that wants my sub is too unknown for me to pay that blindly. I wouldn't give EQ one penny as it is now, with WoW in the same garbage dump, even though I gladly paid both games subs for 3 years each way back when. Remember, just because an MMO charges a sub does not automatically make it worth the sub.

MMOs today just don't draw me in like they did in days of yore. I'll be damned to give any monetary support to the shallow, constant action of the MMOs made today. Just my opinion :)
    Hyperpsycrow

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR