Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest missed opportunity: No Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) remake or classic servers

1235»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Hatefull said:

<snip>

My point was, and is, if a game is fun, and the people playing it are having fun, then how is it poor design? <snip>
    At face value yes.

Crucial caveat is: are people enjoying it enough to pay X. Whether that is b2p, sub, cash shop purchases - whatever. If not it can be the greatest game ever but if it closes its doors after a week its a fail.

Which leads to a secondary caveat: it also needs good marketing / promotion. No good a company having a sure fire multi-million best seller if no one gets to hear about it. Poor marketing can take down the best game; good marketing though - ultimately - won't save a poor game.

Just the way it is.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    1) the game is still running, if you want daoc, just play it.
    2) camelot unchained is (still) in the making.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    That was the beauty of DAOC... the factions had different classes that made them very different from each other.   Yeah the trade was imbalance but I will take that every time.
    Does not fit the modern concepts of not allowing a meaningful choice (otherwise you might regret something) and easy mode. If you don't have standard classes players might even have to read up about all the classes and reading should not be needed anymore be it for character creation, quests or anything else in a game.