Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are we here ¿

HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
So here i sit again and wonder what people play these days, because i miss these days
we all started in wow or any new game that was hyped.

So what should i invest my time in today ?
my 2080 rtx TI and 4 k screen is ready for games.

Let the fun begin !

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    Gorwe said:
    Impossible to say. What do you usually like to play?

Since im locked on mmorpg games i want to hear what else that hit the sack today

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Im still playing UO ( 21 years now)

also the new EQ2 server Kaladim

and the new Anarchy Online server 2019 ...

a couple others im testing , that cant talk about
    Hyperpsycrow
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Calm before the storm here. GW2 living story update 14th May. TD2 major update balance path is due next week.  ESO Elsweyr release on the 20th May.
    Hyperpsycrow

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019
    The direction of the mmorpg industry is just not the same as it once was. You have companies who hire people mainly familiar with single players with little to no idea on how mmorpgs actually work along side publishing departments wanting to recruit people who primarily play single player games.
    Hyperpsycrow
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Impossible to say. What do you usually like to play?

Since im locked on mmorpg games i want to hear what else that hit the sack today
    Ok, which MMOs you liked before(and why)? Ditto for the ones you disliked.

Allright then !

Games i allready tryed and sort of left for good since they bored me or was badly supported.

Wow - Gw2 - Eq2 - Eso - Aion - Final fantasy mmo game - Runes of magic - Tera - Shaiya -
    Secret world - Lotr - Warframe - Path of exile - Lol - Rift - BDO - Neverwinter - Dnd - Ryzom -
    Linage 2 - Rappelz - Diablo 3 And many more games that are dead and gone today.

This is all my games i tryed and few shooters, but im bad at aim so i stay away from shooters.

I still play warframe to log in each day and make the dayli quest rewards and then im bored.
    In the old days it was fun to play wow and climb the pvp ladder or do dungeons for loot.
    Today i feel this part has been ruined some how

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Ok some advice.

Trove. If you can get past the Voxel graphics, this game is by far one of the best MMO's on the market. You name it, this game has it, in a simplified and clunky blocky way. 

GW2. While I personally cannot stand the way the went with the game, this does not make it any less a great game in it's own right.

BDO (Black Desert Online) Amazing Game, the graphics are outright enamoring, and there is so much to do, you can literally make your own fun here or ride the rails, it's all open to you, this game even has Ass Physics (given we spend 98.275% of our time staring at the back of our avatars, this is a nice touch).

DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) Not for th Casual, this game forces you to think and play a full one game of planning ahead and being prepared, for Hardcore Boy Scouts and rabid D&D geeks that like 3.5 rules only. The graphics are old and dated, just like the 3.5 game rules it's based on.

Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade. If you love the idea that no matter who wins a bunch of cheaters will lose, this is the Arena game for you.
    Cryomatrix
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

I cant stand minecrafty games and yes GW2 is bad because its a game that plays it self..you just need to move around and press the enemy..alot of autocasting and hardly any dungeons..also the crafting is bad. and i dislike jump quest.

DDO i tryed and got to a point where i felt i had to spend money to progress.
    And the servers was laggy due to i live in denmark, so i had horrible lag..like the enemy had soap under ther feets.

Warhammer was great in the RTS game.

BDO looks great, but it felt like i was just smashing bottons and then i won the fights..the enemy dident even want to come at me and fight before they died. And all this farmer stuff was to much for me to get in to..it was plain and boring,,i could play farmer simu if i wanted

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    I like to play Archeage 1.0 or 3.0 , or playing Shaiya episode 2 or 3 . Basically they are MMORPGs i like to play , but there are no server run them .
    Hyperpsycrow
    So people just play old games today ?

I try realy har dto seach for a game i like today. I go to steam but there are only games ment for kidz and half done indie games.

Then i look on the hype list in here and have played em all beside the ones that will come in 2020

I look forward to ashes of creation and lost ark.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    So people just play old games today ?
    I do. But many find the newer MMOs more to their liking. Most are just too actiony for my personal tastes :smile:

I do play Wizard101 on occasion, but not often. Otherwise, I play old MMORPG emulators like P1999 (EQ).
    UngoodHyperpsycrow

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

I looked in to Mordhau and it dosent look bad for a place holder..is this realy worth 18 eu ?

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I cant stand minecrafty games and yes GW2 is bad because its a game that plays it self..you just need to move around and press the enemy..alot of autocasting and hardly any dungeons..also the crafting is bad. and i dislike jump quest.

And the servers was laggy due to i live in denmark, so i had horrible lag..like the enemy had soap under ther feets.

BDO looks great, but it felt like i was just smashing bottons and then i won the fights..the enemy dident even want to come at me and fight before they died. And all this farmer stuff was to much for me to get in to..it was plain and boring,,i could play farmer simu if i wanted

Perhaps you are just bored of the typical MMO which hasnt been changed much in 20 yrs. I am done playing MMO because im bored of the genre, any thing new will just be similar to what i have played before.

Try a new genre, it may broaden ypur horizons. I went back to SC2 and i just downloaded fortnite as im bored of my main genres in MMO and ARPG

Hyperpsycrow
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    edited May 2019
    That is why i asked in the first place what people play and what is good :D

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited May 2019

To answer your question, or points.

Trove. It's Voxel, told you that ahead of time.

GW2. (Guild Wars 2) I admit, Core Open World is pretty easy button. Very Casual kind of play, which is what makes it a very attractive game for that demographic. But if you are the kind of player that needs to get your ass beat by an NPC, I encourage you to get HoT and go run around, especially in Tangled Depths. Or if you feel the need to get a beat down by other players, GW2 can provide this as well, with WvW or sPVP game modes. There is no shortage of ways for you to get your ass kicked in this game, if that was what you were looking for.

BDO: (Black Desert Online) There is a lot more to this game than the combat. If that was all you did, you barely touched 1% of what the game can provide, but then again, given your comment about "Farming Simulator" it seems all you want to do run around and kill stuff. So, to be honest, BDO is most likely going to be far too deep and complex game than what you are looking for.

DDO: (Dungeons and Dragons Online) I told you this was not a casuals game, you don't walk into this game and get everything handed to you all nice and easy.  While you can earn everything short of the expansions for free, you have to work for it or pay for it. This is not a game for weaklings, this is not the game for butterflies.

But given what you have said so far, that you are simply looking for fast battles and easy access content.

I am going to suggest you give WH40EC a try, and maybe check out Overwatch.

Hyperpsycrow
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    This makes me think talking heads "Once in a Lifetime."
  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited May 2019
    MMORPGs simply don't work. There's not a "massive" audience for an even slightly sophisticated online RPG. 

I saw Project 1999 mentioned once in this thread. That is an interesting case, however if you speak to the GMs and ask them whether they adhere to the policies of classic Everquest, they will tell you no they do not, they were too free for them. Hence... too sophisticated for them, they would rather ban players, than allow any kind of social systems to form.

If you think there is a massive audience anywhere for a slightly sophisticated online RPG it is likely an illusion. Depending how sophisticated you wish it to be you might count your fellow players on one hand truly.

Hence any kind of good days of MMORPGs were purely transient. The golden age of MMORPGs was probably 1995-1999.

After I left World of Warcraft in my 20s I played just enough MMORPGs after to realize 1) no good ones were coming, 2) most of the ones I had played in my 20s were not good, and 3) "classic" MMORPG servers were either a lot of hoopla, flawed in some way, or lacking the many hundreds of players needed for the game to function as it should.

But anyway here would be my list for the last surviving rays of hope in MMORPGs:

1) Old Tibia servers (maybe? my experience is limited)
    2) Meridian 59 Classic servers (nearly empty though, and not truly classic)
    3) Maybe a classic Ultima Online shard, but the main one I found distributed hacks with the client, and was nearly empty.
    4) I have heard something about an Asheron's Call classic server, but never played it or know anything about the game. (from I have read, this looks like a bad idea. would probably have the same problem with Project1999 of poor admins)
    5) Project 1999 (but the policies are the polar opposite of Everquest in 1999, I wouldn't spend a moment of my time on here, but I list it only for completion)

Hyperpsycrow
    Arterius said:
    I was going to say ESO but you said you were bored of it... So FFXIV maybe. 

Nah i allready tryed it and i endet up using my keyboard like a pillow zzz
    delete5230

Great input from you all so far, but Its not that i only like fast and easy games.i dont even like overwatch..i hate batle royal games..i want a game where i can log in and progress.

Its just BDO looks so damm boring it reminds me of a trading game. I dont even understand why you can cast spells when its not needet for anything because you are to busy gathering or tale care of ur farmers or pets and what not. Also it takes hours to run from town to town when you dont have a horse that you also need to breed and take care of..zzzz yaawn.

And i know DND isent ment for kidz, but its p2w game and also outdated..i think it was on the edge to die anyway.

I guess i liked wow because it was new and the golden mmorpg era was 1995 to 2000 ish

I dont even think there is any games for me..i try to like em all..but there is no pulse

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited May 2019
    City of Heroes is where I am at.
    Hyperpsycrow
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2019
    Great input from you all so far, but Its not that i only like fast and easy games.i dont even like overwatch..i hate batle royal games..i want a game where i can log in and progress.

Its just BDO looks so damm boring it reminds me of a trading game. I dont even understand why you can cast spells when its not needet for anything because you are to busy gathering or tale care of ur farmers or pets and what not. Also it takes hours to run from town to town when you dont have a horse that you also need to breed and take care of..zzzz yaawn.

And i know DND isent ment for kidz, but its p2w game and also outdated..i think it was on the edge to die anyway.

I guess i liked wow because it was new and the golden mmorpg era was 1995 to 2000 ish

I dont even think there is any games for me..i try to like em all..but there is no pulse

BDO is a terrible MMORPG imo , its has the worst PVE made to date , I played to lvl 56 and never died once , never got close to dying , pulling packs of 20-30 red mobs at a time and spamming the same attacks to nauseum , you can pull purples , but even then, its just the TTK is to much as you will miss alot , but not die .. (and yes i was bored to tears most of the time)

There is nothing complex about it , except for some terrible localization , and you wil want to punch that black thing in the face every time it flashes its teeth at you ...   And the hordes AFK fishing is a tererible look and game feature , and lets not omit ..   

!!!HORSE PARKING!!!

Post edited by Scorchien on
    HyperpsycrowVermillion_Raventhal
    Scorchien said:

BDO is a terrible MMORPG imo , its has the worst PVE made to date , I played to lvl 56 and never died once , never got close to dying , pulling packs of 20-30 red mobs at a time and spamming the same attacks to nauseum , you can pull purples , but even then, its just the TTK is to much as you will miss alot , but not die .. (and yes i was bored to tears most of the time)

There is nothing complex about it , except for some terrible localization , and you wil want to punch that black thing in the face every time it flashes its teeth at you ...   And the hordes AFK fishing is a tererible look and game feature , and lets not omit ..   

!!!HORSE PARKING!!!

You made me laugh :D
    Cuz its true

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    ESO, good story, nice gfx, nice combat system, only prob i have is the tiny skillbar, i usualy like having more available skills :)
    Hyperpsycrow

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Project Gorgon. Its not perfect but its the good old times in a new MMORPG.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    UngoodHyperpsycrowCryomatrix
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer